Fantasy Football Logo

Ben5

Here is my fantasy football logo for the DFL. I wanted a profile of a bulldog like Yale has, so I used that as inspiration. The colors are blue and silver. The uniform will be more modern styled. Any suggestions? Maybe a silver bulldog? Maybe silver accents?

logo1.gif

C&C is greatly appreciated.

I updated the logo, and I added a secondary logo. I'm not sure which of the following two I like better, so your opinion is greatly valued.

logo2.gif

0a53334d.gif

Th first logo is the original and the one I've thought about for a while. The second is more realistic, which I'm not sure is a good thing or a bad thing, and looks a little bit meaner.

I updated the logo, and I added a secondary logo. I'm not sure which of the following two I like better, so your opinion is greatly valued.

logo2.gif

0a53334d.gif

Th first logo is the original and the one I've thought about for a while. The second is more realistic, which I'm not sure is a good thing or a bad thing, and looks a little bit meaner.

the 2nd one is slightly different and slightly better. but you need the black outline!

logo2.gif

0a53334d.gif

That looks a lot better than the original. I'm not too sure about adding black too it though, as someone else mentioned, it might make it look too much like the Detroit football Lions.

Maybe it's just me, but I see a pug more so than a bulldog. The forehead is too droopy and the nose needs protrude a little bit.

Make the stroke on the font be outside of the original letters (by default Illustrator centers the stroke on the paths and over the text).

Save the slugalo.

Here is my latest update. I added some more detail to the design which I think adds a lot. I tried the black outline, but I didn't like it and I don't want to add black for little reason.

logo3.gif

The nose is what's getting to me.

Even on a bulldog, the nose still projects off the face slightly. But you have a straight line from the forehead down to the jaw, which makes the nose look more like it's painted on, rather than a real nose. There needs to be some definition there. Beyond that, it's a keeper.

As for the "CB"/Ohio secondary... 'salright. Since Ohio's best-known hockey team is "CBJ" (Columbus), and their other previous NHL entry was also a "CB" team (Cleveland Barons), I don't think you're distinguishing your team by using a "CB" monogram. My suggestion: leave the Ohio map with the star at Cincinnati. Then, go one of two ways - a rounded "C" encircling the map (heck... you could bite off the Reds and make it wishbone, I s'pose), or add some sort of crown and use the Queen City allusion. Or both could work, if the crown rested on the "C" that was surrounding the map.

Or do the real Cincy thing, and add chili. *drools*

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Thanks for the comments so far guys. Congrads on your future addition VitaminD. Here are my choices for the secondary logo. I realize I wil probably have to combine different parts of these for the final logo, but I need another set of eyes to tell me what looks the best.

secondary.gif

• 1 year later...

Archived