New Oklahoma State football uniforms

doafhat

Noooooooo!

Oklahoma State was one team that stuck w/ their sleeve stripes, even with all the changes going on elsewhere. Very disappointing!

I also heard that they will be wearing orange pants w/ the orange jersey & white pants w/ the white jersey (primarily). More monochrome!

45_DenverBroncos.jpg.jpg

Please bring me some defense this offseason!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also heard that they will be wearing orange pants w/ the orange jersey & white pants w/ the white jersey (primarily). More monochrome!

I'm not sure if that will be the case or not. As I've alluded to in the past, the original plan for OSU's new uniforms was to recreate the uniforms that head coach Mike Gundy wore when he first played for Oklahoma State back in the 80's. The Cowboys wore orange jerseys with orange pants frequently during Gundy's time as Oklahoma State quarterback, so it wouldn't surprise me that he'd like to recreate that look. The main difference between what would have been the new uniforms and the old would be that the new jerseys would have a white insert running up the side, which would create one long continuous white side stripe when worn with the orange pants. Of course, the white panel would make wearing orange on white look inconsistent - which is something I'm not fond of seeing as how the orange on white look is my favorite.

212695178_1846dc7bb4_o.jpg

The all-orange look hasn't been used by OSU since the UCLA game of the 2002 season, although the orange pants have been brought back and were used for all road games last year, with the exception of the Bedlam game vs. Oklahoma. Now that Nike has thrown their weight around and pretty much killed off the throwback look in Stillwater, we may just go back to last season's formula of wearing orange on white at home and white on orange on the road.

132256610_1342ff4ad5.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well, so much for tradition. Score another win for Nike, and another defeat for good taste in college football.

I know it's been said many times here that a Nike product is only as good as a school is willing to accept. But I think what we have here is a real case of a Nike template being shoved down a school's throat. "Okay, so you want your uniforms to look like this, right? Exactly like this? I mean, you want this exact design, right? Um, yeah, we're not gonna do that. We're doing this instead. Why?"

"I'm Phil Knight, b***h!"

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

OSU will return to its traditional look with Under Armour

Hahahahahhhaahaha!!!

Stop it, you're killing me!

:D

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

212695178_1846dc7bb4_o.jpg

oh man,

those uniforms look awful sharp.... what i would give to see nike give a team an ORIGINAL uniform....

I know this is a little off topic, but does anyone else find it weird that barry is running down with #21 on his jersey, and that just behind him to the right, there is a scrawny kid with the #20?

GFB

Just because something was worn before, doesn't mean it is better. No offense you OSU fans, but when I think tradition, I definetly don't think of Oklahoma State. Hell, they don't even have the same logo as those other years. Let's be honest, you are Oklahoma's second son to the university of Oklahoma and your tradition in general is spotty at best. Those last few uniforms took a huge steamy poop on tradition anyway.

I like these new uniforms. There are probably one of the first uniforms I have ever seen the football team wear that I haven't had to wince when I looked at them. They are sharp and will look better when they are worn. If you don't like piping in general, I can't help you there, but overall it is simple, clean and sharp looking.

Just because something was worn before, doesn't mean it is better. No offense you OSU fans, but when I think tradition, I definetly don't think of Oklahoma State. Hell, they don't even have the same logo as those other years. Let's be honest, you are Oklahoma's second son to the university of Oklahoma and your tradition in general is spotty at best. Those last few uniforms took a huge steamy poop on tradition anyway.

I like these new uniforms. There are probably one of the first uniforms I have ever seen the football team wear that I haven't had to wince when I looked at them. They are sharp and will look better when they are worn. If you don't like piping in general, I can't help you there, but overall it is simple, clean and sharp looking.

I agree.

Aside from the Nike swoosh, what's so bad about these jerseys?

Everyone complains about templates, but how many different uniform designs can you really have (at least, if you're not Oregon)? Weren't all teams wearing templates in the past, when it was just varied sleeve or shoulder striping?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Thanks for the link. I saw in the paper this morning that MSU had different pants but couldn't see a good pic to see exactly what. That's the only piping they have at all in the uniforms. Don't really know why it's there when it doesn't really connect to anything, and there's nothing else with it, as far as a "block" of color. Not bad though, I guess.

Archived