New Oklahoma State football uniforms

doafhat

Earlier today on orangepower.com, one of the employees from the OSU Student Store leaked a picture of the new Nike replica:

jersey.jpg

Long story short, I hate them. Instead of keeping with the same basic style that OSU has worn since 1984 - the same style worn by the likes of Thurman Thomas, Barry Sanders, and Tatum Bell - we've abandoned Oklahoma State's football identity for Miami's. :mad:

132256530_558f953c30_o.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Earlier today on orangepower.com, one of the employees from the OSU Student Store leaked a picture of the new Nike replica:

jersey.jpg

Long story short, I hate them. Instead of keeping with the same basic style that OSU has worn since 1984 - the same style worn by the likes of Thurman Thomas, Barry Sanders, and Tatum Bell - we've abandoned Oklahoma State's football identity for Miami's. :mad:

132256530_558f953c30_o.jpg

I can't believe you just mentioned Tatum Bell in the same breath as Barry Sanders and Thurman Thomas... :therock:

Im pretty sure they will have a stripe in the back like Miami, since it is basically the miami jersey. I would have rather them just put a new number font and kept the same uniforms.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

I would have rather them just put a new number font and kept the same uniforms.

That's pretty much how I feel about the whole matter. While the new design may be a nice design on its own, it just doesn't work for Oklahoma State. OSU abandoned it's own unique look in order to look like Miami.

OSU has been wearing Northwestern stripes on the sleeves of its uniforms for a great deal of its history in football. OSU has worn essentially the same jersey since 1984 (except for the "Black Saturday" unis and the infamously awful 2000 set) with minor alterations through the years. Even back in the 40's we wore the same stripes on the sleeves:

132256630_d993a56ae4.jpg

By simply removing the black cuffs, adding the usual OSU striping pattern to the sleeves, and removing the black insert, you have a much, much better looking jersey that's a good compromise between tradition and the future:

jerseystripes2.jpg

agreed

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

132256869_cc5ea089bb_o.jpg

Icky!

Lousy SportsBelle.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I like the modified design combining the old and the new. As for the really old stuff, how can you say it's good? It's a cookie-cutter uniform for a team that has the most common color combination in American sports, there was no unique spirit to the uniform.

cttdolphins2.png

The wraparound bib MUST DIE. Hopefully it's like Mizzou where it only goes to the side panel. Either way I hope the OSU fans make them get rid of this ASAP.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Archived