Chicago Bulls v Bradford Bulls

cackers

I don't see the similarity. They're both frontal views of a bulls head, but otherwise completely different. The eyes are different, the horns are different, the noses are different, the ears are different, and the whole general shapes are different.

Save the slugalo.

It sure looks like they used the Chicago Bulls logo for a template. The basic outline is VERY similar with changes made to the placement of lines, adding detail to the ears, and extending the horns. Must not be close enough to bother Reinsdorf.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

The basic outline is VERY similar with changes made to the placement of lines, adding detail to the ears, and extending the horns.

THEY ARE BOTH HEADSHOTS OF BULLS. END SIMILARITY. I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO sick of people crying plagiarism when the only common element is the team name.

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

The basic outline is VERY similar with changes made to the placement of lines, adding detail to the ears, and extending the horns.

THEY ARE BOTH HEADSHOTS OF BULLS. END SIMILARITY. I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO sick of people crying plagiarism when the only common element is the team name.

Usually I'd agree with you, but I think your wrong here, David.

I've never heard of the Bradford Bulls, and they made significant changes to the Chicago logo. Those two things are probably why we haven't seen legal action or anything.

However, it seems pretty clear to me that Bradford took Chicago's logo and redrew it so it was different.

It is not a ripoff persay, but the Bradford logo is obviously inspired by the Chicago logo.

I've never heard of the Bradford Bulls, and they made significant changes to the Chicago logo. Those two things are probably why we haven't seen legal action or anything.

However, it seems pretty clear to me that Bradford took Chicago's logo and redrew it so it was different.

It is not a ripoff persay, but the Bradford logo is obviously inspired by the Chicago logo.

The Bradford Bulls are a rugby league team. What's interesting is that part of the inspiration for the name did in fact come from the Chicago Bulls.

http://www.bradfordbulls.co.uk/bb_stampede...p?stampedeid=12

I saw, I came, I left.

I disagree. The Bradford logo is inspired by the features of a bull, so is Chicago's. Does that mean that because Chicago's was around first that anything resembling a bull facing forward is plagiarism?

Of course any logo of a bull facing forward is not plagarism. This isn't even plagerism. But this logo was drawn with the Chicago Bulls logo in mind. If I had any right to do so, I'd gurantee it. And I'm okay with that.

With the way many British teams just outright ripoff logos, if they had the Chicago in mind while designing it, why wouldn't they just take it? A lot of other teams did.

It's strange that Chicago would let this slide. In Fort Worth, we have a CHL team, the Fort Worth Brahmas. They were months away from making their debut 8 or 9 years ago as the Bulls, but Chicago stepped in and threatened with legal action.

Chris

We can probably compare most of the logos from same animal named teams. Wild animals (within species) really don't have much to distinguish themselves from one another to those who do not work with them every day. It is similar, but again, only because it's a bull.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

It's strange that Chicago would let this slide. In Fort Worth, we have a CHL team, the Fort Worth Brahmas. They were months away from making their debut 8 or 9 years ago as the Bulls, but Chicago stepped in and threatened with legal action.

Chris

It wasn't Chicago that threatened legal action, it was the ECHL Birmingham Bulls.

A case of a team using the same name in a different sport at a different level stands no chance (say, KC vs. Reading Royals). But B'ham and Fort Worth were the same sport and arguably the same level, and so the original owners caved.

Personally, I would have told B'Ham to STFU. Fort Worth has more claim to a cow name/logo than most anyone, and certainly more than B'Ham.

With the current example, we're talking a different sport in a different country. There's no case here, and besides what court could claim jurisdiction... yh???).

Marc

Archived