M&L's Blue Crabs

Lumbergh

looks cool BUT YOU ALWAYS USE THE SAME COLORS ALL THE TIME!

but anyways i think its a tad bit too complex. simplicity is always nice.

um, no i don't. I used the blues because that is obviously what color a blue crab would be. I rarely use these colors, just because i own a team with colors close to this, doesn't mean much.

oh well im not mad i was joking around but it does occur to me you use those two shades of blue quite often.

like i could say "milton designed that!" just by color scheme and overall design.

which is cool, you got your own look.

good luck! im hope they pick your design!

Wow, 4 staright Blue Crabs concepts. Anyways...

I think it looks good, just make the knob of the bat stick out more or round the end f the bat more.

Other than that its good IMO.

That's because it's a real-life contest they're all entering.

Great job Milton.

I have two things that bug me.

#1. The right front leg (on the crab not the view) seems to be a little out of place. I am not sure if pulling it back to where the other 3 legs are would look good or not but just something about the way it is now bugs me.

#2. Like maz said, I think you should fatten up the top of the bat and round out the edges to make it look more like a baseball bad. Right not it kinda looks like a pinata stick.

Still, great job man.

PopHeading-1.gif

It's more complex than it needs to be and IMO that looks nothing like a bat. Have you ever seen a bat that had almost no curvature and big chunks missing from it? If you hit with that thing it would break into a thousand pieces.

Perfect structure, colors and shading, but I agree with everyone that the bat could be improved. It looks kind of like a wiffle bat. But I say leave the little nips and cracks in the bat because it looks like the crab could have put them there himself, pretty creative.

It's really busy with all those nicks and cuts. That makes it really difficult to read and decipher all the parts and mentally put them together to form a crab.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Not bad at all. My only criticism is that the shape of the crab follows the picture AAO posted in Tempest's thread (which you said there was your inspiration). A true Chesapeake blue crab has very distinct points on each side of the shell, as shown in my picture in the same thread. Considering the ultimate audience for this concept, I think you may want to consider changing the shape to reflect that.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived