Jacksonville Jaguars '95, '96 jersey?

Eye

I still think the Jags screwed the pooch with that decapitated cat head logo and black helmet. I agree there is WAY too much black in their uniform these days (see also: Bengals, Falcons, Ravens, etc.)

The Jags should make the helmet teal to match the jersey, and wear teal pants with the white jersey. I know some people don't like it, but at least they would be distinct. The problem now is when I see the Jags on TV they look like 7 other NFL teams.

Another alternative would be to wear the black jersey with the white pants, which they have yet to do. <_<

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Never understood why the Jaguars thought they needed a new look after only a couple of years. They really screwed up a classic, clean looking uniform from their inaugural year. Thank God the black side panels was only used one year. Looked like some funky ass black gook running down from their armpits. NOW my question is----what happened to the teal in their road uniforms ?????? WAY TOO MUCH BLACK. With the black helmet, black numbers on white jerseys and all black pants....yuck. At least put the teal numbers back on the whites. And black pants with teal jerseys at home....please.....................................
still think the Jags screwed the pooch with that decapitated cat head logo and black helmet. I agree there is WAY too much black in their uniform these days (see also: Bengals, Falcons, Ravens, etc.)

The Jags should make the helmet teal to match the jersey, and wear teal pants with the white jersey. I know some people don't like it, but at least they would be distinct. The problem now is when I see the Jags on TV they look like 7 other NFL teams.

Another alternative would be to wear the black jersey with the white pants, which they have yet to do.

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW PISSED I WAS WHEN THOSE "NEW" UNIS GOT ROLLED OUT IN PRESEASON TWO YEARS AGO. I first noticed it at the Jaguar Pro Shop. I was HOT. What happened to the teal? That's a color unique to them. Now they're just all black (on the road). The helmet is good, IMO, but black #s on the road? The black pants would be decent with the #s were still teal. OR hell, they could have even used the black pants they had (or still have?)with the stripes--even those would look half-decent with the black #s. But now it's just like black is the new "it" color--and for what? The Jags' identity is TEAL, not black. With a little gold thrown in there. If that team wanted to accentuate another color, do the gold, and not black. If it ain't really necessary to do so, I really wish teams would STOP USING SO MUCH BLACK IN THEIR SCHEMES. (Now for teams like the Bengals and Falcons, it's part of their scheme--orange nd black and red and black, respectively.) With the Ravens' "nevermore" alts, I guess I could see that, since ravens ARE, after all, black.

But oh well--just another rant from another loyalist who's been down with the Jags since '93, being that they're only 6 hours up I-10 from my hometown...

...even though I think you all know where my heart is. (If ya ain't know, check tha sig...)

-B

p.s. I agree that, at least once, we should see the Jags' black alt tops with their white pants, just to see how it looks...and if the teal pants DO exist, let's see them at least once...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Whats the deal with teams always adding black or navy blue to their color schemes?????? All the teams in the league are starting to look alike. About 2/3s of the teams in the league now have navy blue or black as a part of their colors. It used to be you could turn on the TV and instantly know who was playing by their unifom colors. Now everyone looks the same. I miss the sky blue Chargers, Orange of the Broncos, Columbia blue of the Oilers, light orange of the Buccaneers, royal blue of the Patriots, royal blue, green, silver of the Seahawks.

Well, let's see:

TEAM..........................PRIMARY.............SECONDARY

New York Giants...........Royal..................Red

Dallas Cowboys............Navy/royal..........Silver

Washington Redskins.....Maroon...............Yellow Gold

Philadelphia Eagles........Dark Green.........Black

Chicago Bears..............Navy...................Orange

Detroit Lions.................Light Blue............Silver/Black

Minnesota Vikings..........Purple.................Yellow

Green Bay Packers........Green.................Yellow

Atlanta Falcons..............Red.....................Black

New Orleans Saints........Black...................Gold

Carolina Panthers..........Black...................Powder Blue

Tampa Bay Bucs............Red.....................Pewter

Arizona Cardinals..........Red......................White

St. Louis Rams..............Navy....................Gold

Seattle Seahawks..........Slate Blue.............Electric Green

San Fransisco 49ers.......Maroon.................Gold

New England Patriots......Navy....................Silver

New York Jets................Green...................White

Buffalo Bills...................Navy.....................Red

Miami Dolphins..............Aqua.....................Orange

Pittsburgh Steelers.........Black....................Yellow

Baltimore Ravens...........Purple...................Black

Cincinnati Bengals..........Black....................Orange

Cleveland Browns...........Brown..................Orange

Jacksonville Jaguars........Black...................Teal

Tennessee Titans............Navy....................Powder Blue

Indianapolis Colts...........Royal....................White

Houston Texans..............Navy.....................Red

Kansas City Chiefs..........Red.......................Yellow

Denver Broncos..............Navy.....................Orange

San Diego Chargers........Navy.....................Yellow

Oakland Raiders..............Black....................Silver

TOTALS

Navy: 8

Black: 6

Royal: 3

Red: 3

Purple: 2

Green: 2

Maroon: 2

Other: 6

That counts the Cowboys as royal (their white jersey primary color). Take what you will from that list.

For what it's worth, I think the current Jaguars uniforms are the nicest they've had in their history. Clean, consistant, and cohesive.

The Jags didn't add black into their scheme, they merely emphasized it a little more. I think it'd be hard to argue that the teal was ever the hands down, obvious, primary color of the Jaguars. The black and teal have always been pretty balanced as the two primary colors, and the Jags decided they wanted to emphasize black a little more as the primary color and make teal a heavy alternate color. In doing so I think they created a very, very strong look.

I don't understand how ANY team from Florida can have black for there uniform, it makes no sense. Same with the Diamondbacks in AZ. Certain parts of the country should have a certain color palette. Like the Washington Crapitals not being red, white and blue, it doesn't make sense. But it football it is even worse, because then they can never wear there home uniforms at home because it is too hot until like late October.

Just nit-picking, but the 49ers are Scarlet and Gold, not Maroon and Gold.

Actually, they're Cardinal and Metallic Gold.

And...there's a whole lot of nit-picking I could do to that list...

:P

Yes !! I remember all those changes to the Jags Uniform & I liked the Change at the time Because if you remember 97 pretty much every team had the same number Font & basic Idea we were going to something different somethat would make us stand out we needed that just for that fact we are in the Jacksonville market . I even liked the 04 Change to Black , Because the 90's were over it was the "new Era in Jaguars history " A good way to start it off I see it being like this for a while , But not staying because right now Black is the "IN" Color like Teal was the "IN" color in the 90's , But anyone cares or not Teal is the Color of the Jacksonville Jaguars , Has been & always will be . ( unless a new owner comes in & goes with a whole new list of colors ) But besides that Thats how it's going to be . & Yes has one of the posters said I would like to see the Jags in Black jerseys & White pants , But noooooo Teal Helmet ....

#DTWD #GoJaguars

I don't understand how ANY team from Florida can have black for there uniform, it makes no sense. Same with the Diamondbacks in AZ. Certain parts of the country should have a certain color palette. Like the Washington Crapitals not being red, white and blue, it doesn't make sense. But it football it is even worse, because then they can never wear there home uniforms at home because it is too hot until like late October.

Well, while they do wear black pants and helmets...their home uniform is teal, not black.

This, too, is why my beloved Buccaneers usually end up wearing white tops at home for about the first half of the season. It really kinda irk me, because I L-L-L-LOVE the red/pewter look (just looks so much meaner--especially under the lights during night games), but yeah, FL is one HUMID place around the start of the NFL season, and these guys got to stay cool some kinda way, so white tops it is until the temps cools off a lil bit.

As far as Del Rio's Jags, well--i just don't like those black pants they use now. Is is just me, or do the simple black pants just not match up to the "image" the jersey numbers present? Nice, half-majestic lookin numbers, then plain black pants. Leave that look to the Rams.

*CLEARS THROAT, KNOCKS ON DOOR* Ahem...Mr. Weaver? PLEASE BRING BACK THE STRIPES!!!!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived