Cardinals Stadium Inaugural Season Logo

Gary

Yeah, I saw that one...don't have an "official" version myself.

This is probably for a different thread, but if anyone's interested, I've got TONS of new pics of the stadium...

...I've collected over 1,200 pics of this thing over the years (!).

:blink:

This is probably for a different thread, but if anyone's interested, I've got TONS of new pics of the stadium...

yeah it's called the website :P

Not sure what you mean, but I've got hundreds that you won't find anywhere else...old pics, pics sent to me that have never been posted online, etc.

Not sure what you mean, but I've got hundreds that you won't find anywhere else...old pics, pics sent to me that have never been posted online, etc.

It's a joke, you can find plenty of pics on the Cardinals website. I have seen more photos of the stadium than I have of a naked woman's pic. See what happens in a married life ^_^

Well I guess you can answer this question Pantone....

As an architect, Ive always loved every aspect of the design of the new Cardinals Stadium except for one major issue.........that totally open end zone where the field tray will slide out.

If the Card are gonna leave that section totally empty like depicted in the renderings, that will just ruin the interior design of the place. That "hole" makes the stadium look so incomplete. And it will also have a negative effect on creating any sort of crowd noise-induced home field advantage for the Cards. Traditionally, end zones are the loudest places in any football stadium, with crowd noise coming at you, the player, as well as on both sides. With that "hole" in Cardinals Stadium, visiting teams will be quick to choose this side of the field, provided they win the coin flip.

Do you know if the Cards plan on filling tha empty "hole in the stadium" in any sort of fashion....atleast some temporary bleachers?

NYCdog.png

Well I guess you can answer this question Pantone....

As an architect, Ive always loved every aspect of the design of the new Cardinals Stadium except for one major issue.........that totally open end zone where the field tray will slide out.

If the Card are gonna leave that section totally empty like depicted in the renderings, that will just ruin the interior design of the place. That "hole" makes the stadium look so incomplete. And it will also have a negative effect on creating any sort of crowd noise-induced home field advantage for the Cards. Traditionally, end zones are the loudest places in any football stadium, with crowd noise coming at you, the player, as well as on both sides. With that "hole" in Cardinals Stadium, visiting teams will be quick to choose this side of the field, provided they win the coin flip.

Do you know if the Cards plan on filling tha empty "hole in the stadium" in any sort of fashion....atleast some temporary bleachers?

This question comes up a lot on the Cardinals boards...

That South endzone area is an area that will be a major part of the "extravaganza" seating that will be filled for "bigger" events...such as the Super Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, etc. This area, along with the upper North endzone area, is where the extra 10,000 seats will be added. For most Cardinals games, that area will be designated the "Red Zone" - a Budweiser-sponsored area. Lots of in-game events, parties, etc.

Remember, there is also a large pedestrian bridge in that end as well...connecting the East and West sides of the stadium.

The other thing that should be taken in consideration, is the fact that it's not like the stadium is open over there...it is enclosed. I'm certainly no architect myself, but I'm optimistically hoping that the reduction in noise won't be that noticable on that end. Time will tell I guess...I'll be at the first preseason game there on Aug. 12...I'll try to see what the sound level's like.

My theory is that the Cardinals could eventually put more permanent seats in there - provided that they could be lifted somehow to let the field in and out.

Hope that helps...

The main topic of discussion these days with the stadium is how the edge of the field tray will be protected to keep players from hurting themselves...the tray is 39 inches high, and there are platform/standards on either side of the field, but no one's sure what's going to be on the south end.

Should be interesting...

I, for one, am interested. I haven't followed a non-Georgia stadium project near as much as this stadium.

Will the NFL Network air any sort of special about this stadium? And do the Cardinals have any national TV home games this year?

Will the NFL Network air any sort of special about this stadium? And do the Cardinals have any national TV home games this year?

Not sure on the NFL Network running anything, but the Cards play on Monday Night Football over on ESPN on Oct. 16th against the Bears.

Also, here are the games that "Have the potential to move to Sunday night on NBC based on flexible scheduling decisions" according to the Cards website.

Nov. 12 vs. Cowboys

Nov. 19 vs. Lions

Dec. 10 vs. Seahawks

Dec. 17 vs. Broncos

(These are the home games that have that possibility)

PopHeading-1.gif

The Discovery Channel is doing a  show on it right now.

Funny, it's almost like someone posted about that earlier today... :P

Moose

Its not like he's not allowed to mention that because there is a prior thread...

Back to the discussion.

The "open end" will be fine, aesthetically. I find Ford Field amazing, don't they have a large atrium in one of the corners...you can make it work. If the Pedestrian bridge is done tastefully, it will look pretty amazing.

...and the Cardinals Stadium show is quite awesome on HD. :P

I've just gotta post these, because the signage is so cool:

20060602_406_62492.jpg

^ That's a 33-foot-tall gate number...in case you were wondering.

20060525_TotemSolo.jpg

^ "Sportsman's Park" is the name of the Great Lawn that is present on the west side of the stadium. It's a tribute to the old Sportsman's Park (later called Busch Stadium I) in St. Louis.

Archived