SLC: Least Favorite NBA City

sugarloaf

Toronto is 2nd at 16 percent, damn, its way too cold here in toronto. Boston, ny, detroit, milwaukee and chicago are much much warmer than Canada!!

Remember Steve Francis walking in with a Winter Jacket, in July in Vancouver....idiot!!

Interesting. I wonder where Denver ranks on the list -- it has some stereotypes that make it less attractive to athletes, but I know that the teams here feel confident that if they can get the athletes to visit Denver, they can get 'em. I remember reading an article about that about two years back, actually.

IUe6Hvh.png

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar always spoke well of Milwaukee and its fans, but couldn't wait to get out.

"It's too cold for me - but it's too cold for them, too."

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Interesting. I wonder where Denver ranks on the list -- it has some stereotypes that make it less attractive to athletes, but I know that the teams here feel confident that if they can get the athletes to visit Denver, they can get 'em. I remember reading an article about that about two years back, actually.

Ask Kobe how much he likes Denver....

Interesting.  I wonder where Denver ranks on the list -- it has some stereotypes that make it less attractive to athletes, but I know that the teams here feel confident that if they can get the athletes to visit Denver, they can get 'em.  I remember reading an article about that about two years back, actually.

What are those stereotypes?

if vancouver was still in the nba they would be number one, which always pissed me of because players would complain about the rain, but then when it comes the seatlle no one ever complains even though it rains even more there. If only they would of given vancouver a chance then we'd still have a team.

if vancouver was still in the nba they would be number one, which always pissed me of because players would complain about the rain, but then when it comes the seatlle no one ever complains even though it rains even more there. If only they would of given vancouver a chance then we'd still have a team.

I don't see the big deal, Seattle is a great city and from what I've seen of Vancouver (only been there once) it's a great city too!

if vancouver was still in the nba they would be number one, which always pissed me of because players would complain about the rain, but then when it comes the seatlle no one ever complains even though it rains even more there.  If only they would of given vancouver a chance then we'd still have a team.

I don't see the big deal, Seattle is a great city and from what I've seen of Vancouver (only been there once) it's a great city too!

both cities are absolutely beautiful, family friendly yet full of nightclubs and such.

but vancouver, as a city, is not a basketball city. i dont believe attendance was very high.

what i never understood is why they were in the midwest divison...

if vancouver was still in the nba they would be number one, which always pissed me of because players would complain about the rain, but then when it comes the seatlle no one ever complains even though it rains even more there.  If only they would of given vancouver a chance then we'd still have a team.

both cities are absolutely beautiful, family friendly yet full of nightclubs and such.

but vancouver, as a city, is not a basketball city. i dont believe attendance was very high.

what i never understood is why they were in the midwest divison...

in vancouver basketball is quickly becoming more popular with the kids i know personly that in my high school more people know who Boris Diaw is than Markus Naslund. The attendance in vancouver was low but remember we had pretty crappy teams, i just wish the nba would of given us more than 6 years.

but then when it comes the seatlle no one ever complains even though it rains even more there.

Uhh...

It rains an average of 38.6 inches a year in Seatlle while Vancouver averages about 112cm a year, or about 5½ inches more.

But why would you let a fact get in the way of your rant, right?

Can someone tell me what made the Jazz want to leave New Orleans for Utah? (I would like to know)

And Yes If I was an NBA player, Utah would not be my top choice of cities to play in or move my family to.

Also the problem with the Toronto is not that its cold up there, Its that it is in Canada and NBA player dont exactly jump at the chance at playing north of the border like baseball and hockey players, but ill still play there before i play in alot other NBA cities. Give it time the Raptors will be moving to the US in no time.

till then.... :flagcanada:

Vancouver was just a terrible idea for the NBA. Memphis seems to be working out much better, although I would have put the team in St. Louis.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Can someone tell me what made the Jazz want to leave New Orleans for Utah? (I would like to know)

And Yes If I was an NBA player, Utah would not be my top choice of cities to play in or move my family to.

The team was purchased by a Mormon who saw that the team was not doing well in New Orleans, and thought that since Salt Lake City supported the ABA well enough, it could handle the NBA and show the world how well the Latter-Day Saints could make a basketball club work. It was kind of a combination of smart business sense and civic/religious pride, since church and state are inextricably tied in Salt Lake City.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived