World Cup Jerseys

fonz

You're right, I didn't pay attention to it.

There's this a rule that each part of the kit should be distinct so when FIFA was assigning the colurs for group stage they had to wear blue shorts against Ghana and Czech Republic but I don't know why did they decide for it against USA.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Italy wore white shirts today with their blue jersey. Who makes the uniform combo decisions, is it the team themselves or FIFA?

In the UK Sky Sports (TV company who do the TV coverage for most EPL games) insist as part of the contract with the English Football Association that teams should wear kits that are a "distinct contrast" this includes the shorts and socks.. This means for no apparent reason a team will be wearing shorts that have little or no connection to that countries usual colours of choice. It is to make sure that players from either team can be clearly identified on television.

Fifa have have also latched on to the complete contrast in team kits to make sure the players from each team can be identified easily on TV keeping in mind that many of the worlds population will be watching the games on black and white TV sets. Countries like India for instance more than half of the nations TV sets are black and white!.

i dont see why everyone hates croatia's jerseys, if the checkers covered the whole jersey, not just the front, they'd be better but they're not that bad

fave jerseys: netherlands and cote d'ivoire (love the orange), usa

worst jerseys: france (wtf is with the rooster), italy (don't like gold numbers, why do they wair blue?)

worst jerseys: france (wtf is with the rooster), italy (don't like gold numbers, why do they wair blue?)

From wikipedia

The rooster is the (unofficial) national mascot of France, in particular for sports teams (e.g. football, rugby union). Its origin appears to be from the play of word between the latin name of rooster (Gallus gallus) and Gaul (Gallia) inhabitant of what is now mostly France. A rooster was chosen to be the mascot of the 1998 FIFA World Cup.

It is also on the logo of FFF.

worst jerseys: france (wtf is with the rooster),

The rooster has always been used to represent France, as early as Napoleon, at least.

italy (don't like gold numbers, why do they wair blue?)

:rolleyes: Maybe you should try reading the entire thread before posting. Blue has always been the colour of Italian national teams. It has to do with blue being the colour of the Savoy royal family, the royal family that united Italy under a single crown on March 17, 1861.

• 4 weeks later...
I love the Croatia homes. In fact, when I go to town tomorrow, I'll be looking for one at the local soccer shop. :)

Well, I didn't get the Croatia shirt, but I did get an England Home Shirt with Michael Owen's name and number on it. It even included the World Cup patch on the right sleeve. I picked it up off of eBay and I love it. It's not a ripoff either as it included all the tags, and had the hologram and "Official England Team Product 2005-2007" on the left seam near the bottom. I haven't washed it yet, but I'm wearing it nonetheless. I'll be posting pics in a minute.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Here we go (Sorry if some are blurry, I don't own an SLR ;))...

Hologram on the seam:

seam.JPG

Patch on the sleeve:

wcpatch.jpg

Front of the shirt:

front.jpg

Back of the shirt:

back.jpg

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

what material is the numbers made of?

I'm no expert on textiles, but it looks like a three-layer screen, with what looks to be red (from the back), the blue and grey-ish border, and what seems to be a clear coat. It feels different than the screening like on a football jersey, but actually feels less "cheap" than the one on my Trent Dilfer jersey.

I love the Croatia homes. In fact, when I go to town tomorrow, I'll be looking for one at the local soccer shop. :)

Well, I didn't get the Croatia shirt, but I did get an England Home Shirt with Michael Owen's name and number on it. It even included the World Cup patch on the right sleeve. I picked it up off of eBay and I love it. It's not a ripoff either as it included all the tags, and had the hologram and "Official England Team Product 2005-2007" on the left seam near the bottom. I haven't washed it yet, but I'm wearing it nonetheless. I'll be posting pics in a minute.

You know, eBay is a great place to find deals on soccer jerseys. I ordered a blue Zidane France jersey during the second round and received it right before the final (I've gotten a few snickers since). But it's an authentic from adidas, missing only the WC patch. I paid $18 plus $10 shipping.

Similarly, I bought a long-sleeve red currant Arsenal kit in Henry's name right before the Champion's League final. The pricing was similar.

you know they are actually fake right...but, that still hasn't stopped me from getting an Inter Adriano :)

they are almost exactly like the replicas so I dont mid :P

What makes them fake? They have all of the exact characteristics, from the tags to the typefaces, to the sewn-on Adidas ball, to the materials, to the additional holographic markings that show the manufacturer's logo.

I'm not disputing you. But I see nothing on my jerseys at least to classify them as fakes. They have all of the same details as the same jerseys I've seen sold by retailers.

What makes them fake? They have all of the exact characteristics, from the tags to the typefaces, to the sewn-on Adidas ball, to the materials, to the additional holographic markings that show the manufacturer's logo.

I'm not disputing you. But I see nothing on my jerseys at least to classify them as fakes. They have all of the same details as the same jerseys I've seen sold by retailers.

They may be factory seconds. But if this is a factory second (I washed it and it came out A-OK), I'll take them all day long.

Yeah, I've been searching eBay for Azzurri jerseys. They all look real. Either way I'm getting one because they look close enough and are much cheaper than buying it from the manufactuers.

I got an blue Azzurri jersey from ebay. It came from Thailand. It's a blue Del Piero #7.

Be wary of the sizing if you do order from overseas. I originally ordered a L from WorldSoccerShop.com. Puma makes their jerseys a slim fit, and it was very tight around the back of my shoulders, and to order an XL meant a backorder wait until November. So I sent it back anyway and cancelled my backorder.

I checked ebay, and I found plenty of jerseys, most of which had names and even World Cup patches. I could not get a clear answer as to whether the sizes were European/Asian or US, since US sizing tends to run larger. I purchased the XL, and two-and-a-half weeks later, the jersey arrived.

The jersey came with all tags, it looked authentic. However, when I took it out of the package, I noticed that the interior printed tags around the collar were flaking off in my hand. All the graphics on the jersey were screened, except for the Italia patch. All the lettering, numbers and Puma logos were gold, and felt a little rubbery and tacky, different than the labels that had flaked off. The gold screened graphics did not come off, and didn't feel like they were going to lift off. I wahsed it in cold water and hung it to dry, and it looks fine.

It's possible this was a factory second. I'm not totally sure, but it did say "made in Thailand" before the lettering rubbed off. And when I tried it on, it was slightly bigger than the jersey I returned. It's still snug, but if I pop a seam or two it should fit ok.

Either way, it was $30 cheaper than the one I ordered from WorldSoccerShop.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Yeah, I've been searching eBay for Azzurri jerseys. They all look real. Either way I'm getting one because they look close enough and are much cheaper than buying it from the manufactuers.

I got an blue Azzurri jersey from ebay. It came from Thailand. It's a blue Del Piero #7.

Be wary of the sizing if you do order from overseas. I originally ordered a L from WorldSoccerShop.com. Puma makes their jerseys a slim fit, and it was very tight around the back of my shoulders, and to order an XL meant a backorder wait until November. So I sent it back anyway and cancelled my backorder.

I checked ebay, and I found plenty of jerseys, most of which had names and even World Cup patches. I could not get a clear answer as to whether the sizes were European/Asian or US, since US sizing tends to run larger. I purchased the XL, and two-and-a-half weeks later, the jersey arrived.

The jersey came with all tags, it looked authentic. However, when I took it out of the package, I noticed that the interior printed tags around the collar were flaking off in my hand. All the graphics on the jersey were screened, except for the Italia patch. All the lettering, numbers and Puma logos were gold, and felt a little rubbery and tacky, different than the labels that had flaked off. The gold screened graphics did not come off, and didn't feel like they were going to lift off. I wahsed it in cold water and hung it to dry, and it looks fine.

It's possible this was a factory second. I'm not totally sure, but it did say "made in Thailand" before the lettering rubbed off. And when I tried it on, it was slightly bigger than the jersey I returned. It's still snug, but if I pop a seam or two it should fit ok.

Either way, it was $30 cheaper than the one I ordered from WorldSoccerShop.

Thanks for the info, I was wondering about the whole sizing problems. I wear XL t-shirts, but L should fit fine. I only wear XL because I like the sleeves to be a little longer. Its good to know that the jerseys's numbers looked like they were in good shape. That's something I've always worried about eBay. I'm afraid that if I do buy something it won't hold up after washing it. However alot of the jerseys I've looked at have return policys, so it should be a problem. Thanks again.

My favorites:

1. Australia Secondary (All Navy Blue)

2. Mexico Primary (Green)

3. U.S. Primary (White)

4. Germany Primary (White)

5. Argentina Secondary (Navy Blue)

6. Holland Secondary (White with blue and orange diagonals)

7. Holland Primary (Orange, although they should have worn the baby blue socks in the cup).

8. U.S. Seconday (Navy Blue)

9. England Primary (White)

10. England Secondary (Red)

11. Ghana (white)

Overall I thought a lot of the unis in this world cup were really good although I was really sick of seeing about 10 white puma jerseys.

Archived