D.C Nationals

DomTheAthlete29

I live in Washington State, so I don't get to watch to many east coast teams. But I was wondering if the Nationals have worn this jersey. If they have could someone post a pic so I can see it. It must have looked cool if they did.

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

They are wearing these today, except the patch on their sleeve isn't the Washination Nationals wordmark logo, its the DC in a circle logo as seen here

Correct, the patches are different. The Authentic I have that was purchased last November has the Nationals wordmark on the sleeve, but the on-field version has the circular DC patch.

They are wearing these today, except the patch on their sleeve isn't the Washination Nationals wordmark logo, its the DC in a circle logo as seen here

Correct, the patches are different. The Authentic I have that was purchased last November has the Nationals wordmark on the sleeve, but the on-field version has the circular DC patch.

I actually have a theory on this...I tend to think that the change to the circular patch was a VERY VERY late decision by the team/MLB. If you go to the team store at RFK Stadium, their authentics even today have the woodmark patch. Now, my theory is that someone (ie. New Ownership) is going to change the name of the team for the opening of the new stadium in '06. If you really look at it...Nothing the team wears (except the home white uni) has the name "Nationals" on it. Everything now reads "DC" or "Washington"...My thought is that this is a cheaper way of "weeding" out the Nationals name so a change won't be as "blunt". Now, this is merely my thoughts on this..I may be WAY of base..but thats my take on it.

I may be WAY off base..but thats my take on it.

yeah, IMO you are taking quite a big lead on this one. your in danger of getting picked off cuz you're so far off base. i guess what im saying is i just cant see this happening that soon. i dont know the rules on changing names in MLB, but im going with my gut and saying this doesnt happen, the name isnt unpopular, it works with their colors and logos and the city, and i think they just changed the patch because the circle&stars looks better. nobody in the stands could read the wordmark anyway, so why not simplify?

I actually have a theory on this...I tend to think that the change to the circular patch was a VERY VERY late decision by the team/MLB. If you go to the team store at RFK Stadium, their authentics even today have the woodmark patch. Now, my theory is that someone (ie. New Ownership) is going to change the name of the team for the opening of the new stadium in '06. If you really look at it...Nothing the team wears (except the home white uni) has the name "Nationals" on it. Everything now reads "DC" or "Washington"...My thought is that this is a cheaper way of "weeding" out the Nationals name so a change won't be as "blunt". Now, this is merely my thoughts on this..I may be WAY of base..but thats my take on it.

The Nationals' style guide was revised in mid to late April, with the replacing of the sleeve patch, so calling it a late change would be a little generous - the season started April 3rd.

I doubt it has anything to do with the team getting a new identity, though.

Save the slugalo.

Archived