Anaheim Ducks Draft Cap

deliver2david

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HA! I got the NHL Shop's automated e-mail this morning telling me that draft caps were for sale. I tried to go there about 7:30 this morning (Eastern US) and the site was down. I just checked again, two hours later... and the Ducks are sold out. Damn! I was definitely going to buy one.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Oooh, that's entirely possible, about it being an accident. Funny I didn't think of that when I actually just went and SAW the counter. D'uh. Yeah, I bet they'll be back on the site this afternoon.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

• 3 weeks later...

I was just checking out lids.com as I'd like to get my hands on a draft cap, and saw they an actual picture of the new "one timer" draft cap with the old ducks colors and logos. I dont know if this is what you get but I'm intregued that an old logo one actually exists. The thing that sets these apart is it has the reebok vector logo instead of the RBK logo thats on the side of all the hats excpet the canucks one, I wonder if its like an old batch or something. You can see 3 good pics of it here.

SEAsig.png

on rivercitysports.com, the Canadiens draft cap has the vector logo, while on lids.com, it has the "rbk" logo. Boston also sports the "rbk". I'll be interested to see which version I end up with, I ordered the Montreal one from lids.

• 2 weeks later...
WHAT THE?

1_640.jpg

3_640.jpg

(Also from lids.com)

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Oddly enough, I saw this hat on sale at my mall's sports apparel store the other day but not the new one. And I haven't seen any of the new merchandise anywhere.

WHAT THE?

1_640.jpg

3_640.jpg

(Also from lids.com)

The only thing I can think of is that these hats were worn by the backup goalies in the Stanley Cup Finals. So I guess this is what we would have seen had the Ducks made it that far. Would have made for a nice little rare item.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

WHAT THE?

1_640.jpg

3_640.jpg

(Also from lids.com)

The only thing I can think of is that these hats were worn by the backup goalies in the Stanley Cup Finals. So I guess this is what we would have seen had the Ducks made it that far. Would have made for a nice little rare item.

If you want to know something interesting, I found a black Mighty Ducks jersey today. Its a regular purple one, but the chest was all black. I'm tempted to go back and buy it, along with a Flames jersey and a North Stars one. Gotta find out who #66 in Minnesota was though...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived