Anaheim Ducks Draft Cap

deliver2david

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i just hope the ducks don't wear green and gold... i'm scared they're going to look very starsy.

it's not gold!

i'm scared.

someone hold me.

so the draft hat that looks black, gold, and orange.... is actually for a team that wears green and no gold?

green and orange?

i actually thought the black/gold/orange color scheme looked pretty unique and awesome.

Because they replaced mild crap (that was atleast original) with a big ole' steamy pile of it.

It will be hard for me to ever cheer for this team again. I liked the Orange and Green rumors. What happened to that? Now they're just copying the Penguins, only with a much worse logo.

Originality isn't always a good thing. The old Ducks uniforms were in my opinion the worst in the history of the NHL - horrid colours, diagonal stripe, cartoon logo designed to appeal to six-year-olds. They could switch to the red D-5 uniforms with duct tape and it would be an improvement.

PapelbonSpaceship.png

bannerlong.jpg

i just hope the ducks don't wear green and gold... i'm scared they're going to look very starsy.

it's not gold!

It's not exactly brown, either, but close.

sla0or.gif

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

it's not gold!

sla0or.gif

All I'm saying is that these colors you're seeing here aren't exactly how they'll look for real.

It's not "gold" at all...

it's not gold!

sla0or.gif

All I'm saying is that these colors you're seeing here aren't exactly how they'll look for real.

It's not "gold" at all...

How about, in that wily PANTONE nature of yours, you set your member title as the Pantone color of this mysterious 'champagne' color? :D

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

How about, in that wily PANTONE nature of yours, you set your member title as the Pantone color of this mysterious 'champagne' color? :D

Oh, I don't know.

I might need to go outside for a while...it's supposed to be pretty hot here today though (92 degrees or so)...I might need to put on - what that stuff called? Bronzer?

B)

Hmmm... orange, bronze, green, and black? Sounds like it's got potential. I really hope what's on the draft cap is just a wordmark, though. I don't see it standing on its own on the front of a jersey, unless it's an alternate. The duck/shield crest would be a great primary, with perhaps the webbed-foot "D" on the shoulders.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Capitals wear bronze. And their bronze is more like a dark dark orange. This logo looks a lot more like a gold. Unless of course it's a mysterious new shade of bronze...(that really is actually called Bronzer).

champssig2.png

These hats all look photoshopped. Either someone got their hands on that ducks script or someone vectorized the low rez one from the screen shots...but that is definatly not a picture of a real printed hat.

I agree, both hats look photoshopped. The capitals hat is just horrific and clearly photoshopped.

CLM-1.png

Just did a real quick photoshop to see what it would look like with green instead of black. IMO it looks much better.

ducksgreen.png

One other thing I noticed is the other caps feature the crest logo thus I'm thinks the script logo will also be the crest logo.

The Dallas Stars want their colors back. meh.

The Capitals wear bronze. And their bronze is more like a dark dark orange. This logo looks a lot more like a gold. Unless of course it's a mysterious new shade of bronze...(that really is actually called Bronzer).

I thought the Capitals were copper... and no, I couldn't tell you the difference.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Capitals wear bronze.  And their bronze is more like a dark dark orange.  This logo looks a lot more like a gold.  Unless of course it's a mysterious new shade of bronze...(that really is actually called Bronzer).

I thought the Capitals were copper... and no, I couldn't tell you the difference.

The Oilers wear copper.

It's just a wild assortment of colors, this NHL is.

champssig2.png

Hopefully that's not what appears as the crest a la their third jerseys. But you have to remember, when you first see a new logo a couple of times early on, the scipt always seems to be attached somehow where unnecessary. The newest team that still does is Columbus (crest attached with the script below) in all instances in print expect their crest.

I hope Anaheim puts the "three" -- er -- "D" at their crest.

Archived