Nhl and soccer/football cross overs

UCLAcrew

I have succumbed to the cross over; here are a number of NHL and soccer/football cross overs. I borrowed the Buffalo Sabres logo and color scheme from John Slybak. The Quebec Nordiques color scheme is based on their wolf-head logo and the Colorado Avalanche maroon. The templates were modified by myself from Roger Clemente's hockey template. Copy and paste the links.

Boston Bruins

Buffalo Sabres

Calgary Flames

Colorado Avalanche

Detroit Red Wings

Montreal Canadiens

New York Islanders

Quebec Nordiques

Toronto Maple Leafs

Comments, questions, suggestions, slanders etc are all welcomed.

Boston: i like, and i got a suggestion for the longsleeve...maybe add some brown (notice i said some, not a whole bunch)

Buffalo: nice, although i never liked the original buffalo and have reservations about the crest.  

calgary: straying from the hockey jersey is good sometimes.  this would be one of those times(red jersey).  otherwise, nice job.

avs: my favorite team but i'm lukewarm on the style.  and i have a hatred of sponsors, but nice touch with the pepsi ad.

dead wings: ignoring who it is, it's nice...but why did you have to give the dead wings a nice kit? :D

habs: plus for the logo edit...and keeping an element of their red sweater.

isles: the cup-winner stripes don't lend themselves as well to a soccer kit...despite your good intentions, the striping ruins the whole thing.

nords: the old igloo and fleur de lis...and look, a soccer ball.  doesn't really grab me though.

TML: clean and traditional...just like the genuines.

(last two responses shortened by tiredness)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

It's been said in other threads, but does that make it right?  I'd swear it's been proven that the Habs' logo stood for "Club de Canadien Hockey".  In a time when official logos and nicknames for sports teams were just coming into use and weren't yet the major marketing tools they are today, I don't know why the Canadiens would create a logo that included reference to both their primary and secondary nicknames rather than to their primary nickname and the sport they played.

The H stands for Hockey... as far as I know the 'C' stands for Club rather than Canadiens.

Back then, and still today, the official name of the team is:

Le Club de Hockey Canadien

Next time you get a chance to see the Stanley Cup look up all the Habs cup wins and you'll see what I mean.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

The 4 stripes are intentional (since the actual hockey unis have 4 stripes to represent the cups won). However, I will agree that having 4 stripes on a jersey made by Adidas is probably not the most realistic thing. No chance in hell that Adidas would compromise what it is known for.

As an added point, what does everyone think about the 4 stripes thing? I kind of like the idea and think it would work for some other teams (maybe not Stanley Cups but pennants won or something). Obviously it wouldn't work out for the Yankees, etc.

I'm actually not a fan of the striping on my Islanders kit.  I thought I could work the 4 stripe into an Adidas design, but I don't really think it was successful.  I borrowed the design from the contemporary trend in Adidas tracksuits of placing the striping along the side of the sleave instead of the top, but I am personally not a fan of this style.  A shame because I thought the rest of the kit turned out well.

I'm not so much a fan of the Islanders using the 4 stripe on their hockey uniforms either.  I would much rather see the lighthouse return to their shoulders, thus it's incorporation into my kit design.

Archived