Sketch-athon I

Lumbergh

Welcome all, to Sketch-a-thon I. This is a brand new contest approved by the competition council. Here is how everything will be run:

1. Contestants will have 2 weeks to come up with a total team identity of a new fictional team, in the great lakes summer basketball league.

2. The entries must be 100% original, and the use of a stolen logo will result in disqualification. The contestants may use flags, state outlines, or country outlines.

3. Work will be submitted to me, via pm, and must be turned in from july 5- july 19 at 11:59 pm eastern.

Here are the cities that you can use:

Duluth

Marquette

Kenosha

Muskegon

Evanston

Gary

Racine

Waukegan

Ashtabula

Erie

Oswego

Sarnia

Port Huron

Flint

Quad Cities

Thunder Bay

Holland

Sandusky

- The names should reflect some of the cities' past or culture. All of the locations lie on the coastal region of a great lake.

4. The entry must include:

- Primary, secondary logos

- Uniforms (at least home, road)

- Wordmark

5. Any other such as teriary, court design, etc. is optional

6. Voting will begin on the 20th, and will end on the 27th at 11:59 pm eastern

7. Voting will go as 1=3 2=2 3=1, and the thread will be open immediately on the 19th.

8. The winner, along with 2nd and 3rd will recieve seperate sigs detailing their accomplishments.

9. Everyone's entry will be left annonymous until after the winner is announced.

-your goal is provide a small city a complete look that will focus other people on them. You will not only make a team, but make a recognizable look that sets your team apart from others.

- Have fun, and may the best man win!

NOTE: please label your pm's as Sketch-a-thon I

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hey I might throw in my hat, if I'm the only person to apply I win right? haha jk

You did read where it said all entries must be 100% original right?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Actually, I'm gonna pull out of this. I don't think that I am all that great at logo making now that I think about it, and I would need more time to refine my skills. I'm currently working on some other concepts, so maybe the next contest I'll enter. Sorry guys.

Archived