Brewers wearing another uniform this year?

Tazz013

Getting back to the original topic, the BP jersey has surfaced on eBay:

11_1.JPG

I haven't actually seen the Sunday BP jerseys (the broadcasts I get in NY don't cover BP), but it looks authentic to me.

It's nearly identical to the early 1990s BP jerseys, except those used the script "Brewers":

yount16.jpg

FWIW, that was the first appearance of a Brewers logo of any kind making it to the sleeve....

Actually, I believe they had batting practice jerseys with both the Brewers and Milwaukee script wordmarks back in the 1990-93 era, Gothamite. I'll have to do some more digging to know for sure, but the Brewers used to run baseball camps at my then-future high school during that era, and I saw coaches walking around in full uniform with the BP jerseys.

Back on topic, those new BP jerseys look so cheap when compared with the standard Majestic BP jersey. Would it kill the Brewers to be consistent? I might actually like this jersey if it used the current BP template.

QPR%20Sig.png

Yeah, I wish it was the regular BP style, too. I hate pullovers, and they run counter to the spirit of the updated Sunday jersey, old colors and lettering on new template.

I don't remember BP jerseys with the road script, but you might well be right. I'd love to see what photos you can come up with.

Oh, that's a good one - thanks!

Kudos to the Brewers for actually ordering new helmets and equipment for the catcher - in the past, they've frequently worn their regular gear with throwback uniforms.

I wish they sold the road jerseys and caps - I'd definitely buy one.

Can any of you post the pic of the Milwaukee Bears jerseys???? I am putting together a packet of all the alternate jerseys, throwbacks and all-star game jerseys together.  Thanks guys.

2006BrewBearsFR.jpg

2006BrewBearsBCK.jpg

2006BrewBearsJT.jpg

If you like, you can use these pics as well. If you are looking for more examples for alt jerseys and throwbacks, click on my signature.

Gothamite, there is a company that will make that road jersey. I'm contemplating doing just that.

The "new retro" BP jerseys are on sale at the Miller Park FanZone store...I was halfway tempted to get one but I went with a modern navy blue alternate jersey instead.

I actually had one of the old royal blue BP jerseys from the early-90s era. I liked those a lot. And mine had the home script...I don't remember any with the road script, although, as others have said, that doesn't mean they didn't exist.

Archived