Brewers wearing another uniform this year?

Tazz013

During the pre-game today, I noticed Brewers' all-star starting pitcher Chris Capuano wearing a blue retro uniform with Milwaukee script, like the road uniform from the late '70s and '80s.

Al_1982_milwaukee.gif

(similar the one on the right)

Are the Brewers going to be wearing that in any games this year? (that would make it their eighth uniform)

Save the slugalo.

Eight uniforms? What is the seventh?

White current

Grey current

Blue current

Retro Sundays White

Negro Leagues Milwaukee Grey

Cervados (or something) Hispanic Tribute Grey

What is the other one? I saw special Armed Forces hats, but I did not see another uniform.

Eight uniforms? What is the seventh?

White current

Grey current

Blue current

Retro Sundays White

Negro Leagues Milwaukee Grey

Cervados (or something) Hispanic Tribute Grey

What is the other one? I saw special Armed Forces hats, but I did not see another uniform.

White, grey, blue, retro pinstripes, Milwaukee Bears home, Milwaukee Bears road, and Cerveceros.

Save the slugalo.

• 2 weeks later...
So that's the second time this year Kevin Mench has had to wear one of these abominations:

losrangers1.jpg

God, that guy's head is like a watermelon!

And I didn't know the Rangers had a spanish language uniform. I mean, it's cool and all, and if any team should have them, it's the Rangers (and possibly Houston and Miami... I guess the Padres already DO have spanish on their jersies, technically) but... "Los Rangers?" Why even bother? That just looks bad.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Did the Brewers wear the old Milwaukee Braves jerseys this year as they have in seasons past?

No they haven't, and I don't know if they are either. I think this year might be about the Brewers Franchise in terms of Milwaukee baseball.

Kyle

packchampionslfroh.png

Am I the only one who thinks this whole "Los Rangers" "Cerveceros" "Gigante" B.S. is just that....B.S.

I mean look, we all know that Hispanic players are a significant and important part of the game of baseball, but whats next? A Spanish version of the National Anthem?

They need to put a halt to this before we see "Los Rays Daiblos"

• 2 weeks later...

Getting back to the original topic, the BP jersey has surfaced on eBay:

11_1.JPG

I haven't actually seen the Sunday BP jerseys (the broadcasts I get in NY don't cover BP), but it looks authentic to me.

It's nearly identical to the early 1990s BP jerseys, except those used the script "Brewers":

yount16.jpg

FWIW, that was the first appearance of a Brewers logo of any kind making it to the sleeve....

Archived