Miwaukee Admirals Changing Logos

josdin00

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As the "official story behind the logo" that I posted earlier explains, this little guy...

leg.jpg

I just realized why he has a peg-leg: he apparently sawed of his leg to use as a stick.

:lol::lol::lol:

"This sweater, this Bluenote, it's your life. That Bluenote never hits the floor. You wear that sweater with pride." Barclay Plager

plagerbrosdancing.jpg

I think he looks like the character from the PSP launch game Death Jr. Other than that, it's atrocious. Someone said that this logo looked cartoonish, but I thought their old logo was just as cartoonish. Just in a 1950s kind of way.

Avsman.png

Dennis.gif

Have you ever looked at sports logos...ON WEED?

A photo of the jersey that was attached to the JSOnline article someone posted earlier:

adm801.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, the endangered American Douchebag GM.

But seriously, I'm torn on this new identity. Although the Deadmirals color scheme I dig (black, silver, ice blue), the logo is...iffy. If this were for an NHL team, heads would roll. But in the AHL...it works. Remember, there's been cartoony logos before. Toronto Roadrunners, anyone?

Witholding further judgement until the Deadmirals show us their numbers and nameplates.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

Would heads roll? I wonder. Look at Nashville, Tampa, Columbus, Washington and a few others. Those are major league logos and they are, in my opinion, terrible. This is minor league logo and, opinions vary, but I think it is distinct and clever.

As somebody quite rightly suggested, I was getting a little obsessive about this, so I backed out of the discussion. Just popping back in to post the following response to the angry comment I sent to the Admirals Web site the night of the announcement:

Dear Mr. Barrington,

Thanks for your comments regarding the new Admirals logo. As a

long-time Admirals employee this is my third logo change and this of

course is by far the most radical. Fans were actually more passionate

about the change in 1998 even though it was slight. I am hoping that

the new look grows on you like it grew on me. Many fans who have

stopped by the Admirals booth at the State Fair have said they

originally didn't like it, but it's growing on them. Many have even

purchased merchandise.

Remember the jersey might be different, but it's still your Milwaukee

Admirals. Thanks for your support and we look forward to seeing you

during the 2006-07 season.

Best Wishes,

Mike Wojciechowski

--

A bit form letterish, but at least they sent an e-mail back.

I still don't like the logo for all of the reasons I stated, but let's see how it does in the marketplace. Maybe I AM just getting too old for this.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I took a real good look at the jersey today. While I must say the head is strange in an ABA kinda way I think the "boney anchor" is very slick. I am supprised that the AHL approved the grey jersey. I think it could cause a problem on the ice. I think that they could use the grey instead of white, but they need a real contrasting jersey on the ice.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Archived