2007 All Star Game Confusion

wdm1219inpenna

Guys,

Help me out here please.

For as long as I can remember, the All Star Game in baseball alternated leagues each year.

2006 was Pittsburgh, so why is 2007 in San Francisco? Shouldn't that not be until 2008?

Just wondering as I had not heard anything or read anything about this change. Another monkey wrench thrown into baseball ::sigh::

Regards,

Bill

However, it's not just like this in baseball, the NBA All-Star game has been at a Western Conference site the last 3 years--4 if you count Las Vegas next year.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

I think yankee stadium is getting it in 2008. So by 2009 it should all be back to normal. And by normal I mean AL stadium in odd number year and NL stadium in even number year

PvO6ZWJ.png

New stadiums always get All-Star Games quickly and since most lately have been in the NL thats why it ended up being like that.

Because Bud Selig is a moron

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

New stadiums always get All-Star Games quickly and since most lately have been in the NL thats why it ended up being like that.

But this is the first time it is happeneing where the same league is hosting twice in a row. In the 90's when it was the American LEague getting all the new parks each had to wait it's turn while old stadiums like 3 Rivers and the Vet hosted games.

But this is the first time it is happeneing where the same league is hosting twice in a row. In the 90's when it was the American LEague getting all the new parks each had to wait it's turn while old stadiums like 3 Rivers and the Vet hosted games.

Maybe it has to do with the National League having more teams. Ideally, if each club were guarenteed an All-Star Game every 30 years, somewhere along the line, there'd have to be a time where the NL would host the All-Star Game in consecutive seasons.

Of course, when it comes to Selig, nothing is ideal....

This was the one exception because Bud so desperatly wanted the all star game at AT&T Park, but he said the format will return to its originality after that.

This is what I expect from various articles i read:

2007 - AT&T Park, San Francisco (confirmed)

2008 - Yankee Stadium, New York

2009 - Busch Stadium, St. Louis

2010 - Minnesota's new ballpark or Anahiem's refurbish ballpark

2011 - Chase Field, Arizona

2012 - Kauffman Stadium, Kasas City

2013 - Washington's New Ballpark

2014 - Minnesota's new ballpark or Anahiem's refurbish ballpark

2015 - New York Mets' New Ballpark

It's happened once before. The AL had it two years in a row in 1950 and '51. Three if you count Shibe Park in Philly.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Archived