Willis McGahee in throwback...

MJD802

I think they should switch their primary uniforms to what they had before the navy/yoked monster and were these every time they face a team in their division that way it would keep the olds in enough.

Here are the images...

untitleduj9.png

untitlediw2.png

^Gotta love the stripe on that helmet.It's as american as apple pie.

can we have option C? and just have the cheerleaders.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

They need to fix the socks. The uniform colors are blue, red, and white, so why would the socks be blue, white, and grey?

agreed ... they need to either make the decision to use the gray (which i'd love), or not ... seems to me, that the smarter branding choice is to not.

During the 90s the Bills and Giants were branded far too similarly, and with the Giants making their choices earlier, and using grey as a major inclusion in their palette .. the bills should shy away from it. Keep it pure red white and blue .. the red on white helmet, and the blue red to white striping and numbering seems to be a place where the Bills can really take a look and own it.

I don't think the socks have gray in them . It's just blue with white stripes. Maybe in that picture it might give that look because the blue and white get closer together at a certain spot but I remember seeing those last year up close and I don't remember seeing gray.

Exactly...

2wm1pv7.jpg

2wm1.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

the red in between the blue primary and the white stripes, gets almost lost as it blends in together. many of us on here has been critisized for just that, having colors that bleed together. which in many ways does that on this uniform especially the farther away you look at the uniform.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

After taking the time to sit back and digest these uniforms, and read all the criticism of their flaws that you guys have pointed out, I don't really find them to be that great.

I think it is truly just a case of them looking good in comparison to the filth the Bills currently wear. These are not a solid longterm solution. They need some major tweaks.

The original version of these unis had stripes similar to the socks, with a thin red outline on the white stripes. Donahoe wanted to incorporate nickel gray into the throwbacks, so he put it in the socks. When they were first introduced he acknowledged they were not exact replicas (plus, modern jerseys make the inclusion of elaborate striping and numbers on the sleeves almost impossible).

They should go back to the 1981 uniform, before the bison got too big on the helmet, and all will be right. I never did like the red helmet.

I agree with those people who said these are not a long-term solution. They only look good in comparison to the Bills' current jumbled mess.

Well, that's being a little unfair. These uniforms look good if one is viewing them from a historical perspective; they were excellent for the era that they were originally worn in, and they can still be appreciated today. But they simply don't look modern, and that's why they shouldn't be used on an everyday basis.

Buffalo needs to take its CURRENT logo (way better than the old one, IMO), get rid of the navy blue (keeping the nickel wouldn't be a bad idea, though), and go from there.

Those ain't that great either.  Are they better than the embarrassing things they wear now?  Yes, but as someone else pointed out, thats not saying much.

Clean those throwbacks up and they wouldn't look bad.  All of those 1970's-ish stripes need to be either eliminated or brought into the 21st century.  The striped socks are way out of style.  The helmet needs a complete overhaul.

That's a nice color of blue and the black shoes (which half of the league will be wearing this year) are sweet.  But, that uniform set would still rank in the bottom 3 or 4 in the league.  They just wouldn't be dead last anymore.

disagree. we've gone so far overboard with the modern swooshing, piping and bibing, i say the simple stripes are just on point for a return.

Frankly, it's the Arenaball-esque abominations that are out of style.

Agreed. Look at baseball uni's today - all the "modernizing" they did with polyester, pullovers, wild colors, etc. and so on is gone and uni's are for the most part back to the classic look. Same thing will happen in football.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I, for one, would like to see those more often. I think they wore them 3 times last year, right? And I think one was a road game. I would at least like to see them for half the home games.

The NFL only allows teams to wear their alternates twice every year. Even if they wore these for half the games and the others for the rest, it would be horibly inconsistent. I am a big fan of these jerseys, and I'm not sure why others are not. They are classy and dont have any of the modern crap that everyone always bitches about. I usually hate going back to throwback type unis, but hese are great.

I, for one, would like to see those more often.  I think they wore them 3 times last year, right?  And I think one was a road game.  I would at least like to see them for half the home games.

The NFL only allows teams to wear their alternates twice every year. Even if they wore these for half the games and the others for the rest, it would be horibly inconsistent. I am a big fan of these jerseys, and I'm not sure why others are not. They are classy and dont have any of the modern crap that everyone always bitches about. I usually hate going back to throwback type unis, but hese are great.

I like the jist of these throwbacks, but there's plenty of design flaws in them.

Make the helmet and pants striping consistant. The Blue/Red/Blue should be used on both as it does the best job of not bleeding together.

The socks should match the sleeves if there is gonna be striping. Put the red outlines on.

Put the current buffalo logo on the white helmet.

That would give them really good uniforms.

I still however would look at the sleeves and feel like I wasn't seeing enough red, so they still wouldn't be perfect.

I'm thinking that middle area that is blue should just be filled in red.

Eh, my idea...

bills.gif

Notes:

-Pants match helmet

-Sleeves feature increased red

-Socks match sleeves

-Helmets feature current logo

-Helmets feature white facemask

I am a big fan of those but I am not sold on the socks.

Put the current buffalo logo on the white helmet.

Lots of people have been suggesting this... but when the "current" logo came out, it was ON a white helmet. From the Helmet Project website, they wore some version of that helmet from 1974-83, after which they switched to the red shell and became increasingly ugly:

NFL_Bills_OLD5.gifNFL_Bills_OLD6.gifNFL_Bills_OLD7.gif

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived