WHA 2004

Phenomenal

If you look at the logos. You think to yourself: Were they drunk?

They got this guy: TOR_1010.gif

He's gonna give little kids nightmare, he freaks me out a bit too. Why would they give a bull steroids and then make it play hockey wiht a huge whatever-that-is stuck to his hand?

There's also:

QUE_1698.gif

The Drunk Polar Bear. Why on earth did they think this would be a good idea? It's drunk, it's got a helmet on, you know someone is just gonna think: I wonder if they actually do look like that? And then they'll try it, and trust me, the outcome will be bad.

Then we have:

HFX_1569.gif

Mr. Ice Breaker. He looks like he wants to r*** me. Enough said.

Someone forgot the colours when:

DET_1009.gif

I don't know if the whole no colour idea is supposed to make it look ancient and Rome like, but I have to admit, I sort of liked this logo.

And we come to the most plain, boring, and, well, let's just say it's the only one that probably won't scare the :censored: out of someone:

DAL_2006.gif

But while it won't creep people out, it will but them to sleep. How original of an idea is this? It's like the guy looked out the window, saw the flags blowing in the wind and said "Wow, those really blow together nicely, good enough for me", drew it and since no one else wanted this team to exist, they didn't create logos, that's why this bland thing was accepted.

This post has been edited by zer0dotcom on some time in the future

FBI_Bar.jpg

women_lover.gif

You should've seen the rejected Toros logo... you'll shake your head a million times trying to figure out how they picked that over it.

So I take it you doan't have a picture of it--or else are unable to share it.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

You should've seen the rejected Toros logo... you'll shake your head a million times trying to figure out how they picked that over it.

I liked the Detroit one...I remember some other Toro's one actually...it may have been the one you talk of...which I'd love to see to see if that was it.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I agree with you, Chris. Those rejected Toros logos were pretty cool. My guess is that the team didn't have the money to pay for the work. Par for the course with the '04 WHA...

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

The logos are a perfect reflection of how the rest of the league was operated: backwards and half-arsed. These dopes could have jumped in and established the WHA as a competitive league in 2004 in the NHL's absence. Instead, they stood around and soiled themselves. And I'm pretty sure that once we started seeing the logos on this board, the ineptitude of the league as a whole came as a surprise to no one.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I agree with you, Chris. Those rejected Toros logos were pretty cool. My guess is that the team didn't have the money to pay for the work. Par for the course with the '04 WHA...

The bottom logos look like someone got themselves a Prince Albert. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived