Saints Going With Smaller Helmet Logo

ahub

They're not the only ones to do this - the Cleveland Indians reduced the size of their cap logo a couple years ago.

Personally, I like it. I think the logo "pops" more on the helmet when it's surrounded by color than when it wraps around and dominates the frame.

Heck, Brian Singer reduced the size of Superman's chest logo, too. It's a trend. :D

i'm confused, why did you put a link to the Rockstar Supernova Webpage, if you're talking about the New Orleans Saints using a smaller helmet decal????

Oops! Got that fixed.

By the way, I don't watch that show. My girlfriend had that page open. Just to clarify...

i'm confused, why did you put a link to the Rockstar Supernova Webpage, if you're talking about the New Orleans Saints using a smaller helmet decal????

Oops! Got that fixed.

By the way, I don't watch that show. My girlfriend had that page open. Just to clarify...

okay, i was wondering for a second, what this guy is talking about :P But yeah, i agree with gothamite above, it looks better when the color wraps, as opposed to the logo sufficating the helmet. I think the only team that ever looked okay like that was the Michigan Panthers of the USFL, but it was the 80's so, everything flew as cool.

Hmm.

I Like the bronze gold of that helmet a lot more than the Vegas gold they use now. And I prefer the old logo.

But nope, I still think the smaller logo is more effective. Something is lost when the logo starts to wrap around the shell - it needs more gold space around it to really pop.

I think the big logo'd Saints helmets look better:

mann1.jpg

See, I think that looks tacky. I feel like you almost can't see the entire logo no matter what angle you look at that helmet from. It reminds me of those ridiculous giant-logo fashion baseball caps, where the team logo extends from the front of bill to the back of the head.

I prefer the smaller logo, like that. I wish the Bills would shrink the bleeding bison logo down a bit.

Since Gothamite mentioned it, I know a lot of Indians fans don't like the way THEY shrunk down Chief Wahoo on their caps, but I am a tribe fan and I LOVE that. I think it looks SO much better than the giant, oversized head they had on there before. The same way I think the worst element of the Blue Jays current set is that their cap logo is GINORMOUS! That thing would be way better at about half the current size.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I agree with SabreGuy. Smaller logos are more appealing to me, and I think the helmets look great. Baseball hats, same deal. I love the more understated look, and anyway, on a 59/50, at some point, the big-ness of a logo just makes the hat look boxier.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

didnt the saints resize just a few years ago?

Yes, and I'm betting the guy writing the article was offering his opinion that the logo looks smaller but it's really the same as the last few years. The first year they resized it was too small and looked funny, then they made it a little bigger the next year and that's the way it's been. It's also different from the original in that they added an extra black outline which creates a gold outline as well.

It's no smaller than this one from 2003:

falcons_003.jpg

b441d7a1-d3dc-4731-b825-8466214fff0e.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived