Washington High School Helmet Project

ucnu112

Florida also has one going on . . . not sure who is doing Florida's.

Several of these site have been around a few years. Washington & Missouri are done by the same guy. Michigan has a great site.

Check it out. Good Find guys! :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Florida also has one going on . . . not sure who is doing Florida's.

Several of these site have been around a few years. Washington & Missouri are done by the same guy. Michigan has a great site.

Check it out. Good Find guys! :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I'm not sure how old that picture is, but I can tell you that the picture is very MUCH out of date....There have been NUMEROUS helmet changes since then...And the bad part about the real display is that they don't keep it up to date...It is the plan of the Seahawks to update it every two or three years from what I have been told....Knowing that information, I'm willing to bet that since this display was started (2004) that there are probably at least 25% or more of these helmets that have changed...I know of 20 of them just by looking at the picture and the helmets I've made for "The Washington HS Helmet Project"...

I should also add that the "brown" helmets are there, not as spacers, but for new schools that come into existance....I already know for a fact that two of those brown helmets are now gone (or should be if the display were updated), with the additions of Auburn Mountainview of Auburn, WA and Graham-Kapowsin of Graham, WA

Now....as far as the other high school helmet projects that are out there, or should I say, "were" out there, currently the sites for Washington and Michigan sites are not "online" anymore....I can say that for a fact about the Washington site, but I haven't found a new address or anything at all for the Michigan site....It is the plan for the Washington site to come back up soon (most likely with a different address)

Here are the states that I know of that do currently have active high school helmet sites:

Alabama

Deleware

Florida - I've made some of Jay's helmets for him...

Indiana - These helmets are a bit to be desired...

Missouri - Done by yours truly...

New York

Ohio

South Carolina

Texas - I bet nobody can guess whose helmets/template this site uses!!! Even used some of the Texas helmets I have on display on my site...

Wisconsin

Now for some of the individuals who posted to this thread:

lilgump....Black Hills is indeed navy blue and not black....Because of the lighting in the picture, navy blue and black helmets look the same....The guy who was (actually still is, though not online) running the Washington HS Helmet Project took numerous pictures and in one of them, Black Hills is navy blue...They got it right...

NYBadshah1 - Your helmet would be Eastlake...

smzimbabwe - Your helmet would be Sehome, which has already changed twice since the picture shown was taken...

ucnu112 - I think it sucks that someone decided to put the Indiana helmets on a pay site...To be honest, they would have to pay me to look at them anyway, because the artwork and graphics themselves are terrible....The worst of the helmet sites, hands down....

seattlefan68 - Kent Meridian has also changed helmets (2005 was different from the 2004 helmet)

BIGBAD - I still have your artwork for the Kennewick lion on my computer...I must say that it's different, but cool at the same time...Great job on it...

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

I think it sucks that someone decided to put the Indiana helmets on a pay site...To be honest, they would have to pay me to look at them anyway, because the artwork and graphics themselves are terrible....The worst of the helmet sites, hands down....

The webmaster may or may not have put the files in sequential order, in the same folder... I'm just sayin'...

ucnu112sig.png

I've been working on my own Helmet Project for Arizona. I was supposed to start last year but I got sidetracked with the reality of life; life and work. Anyways, mkersey was a big help to me in making helmets. Right now, I'm making templates for the website. It's going to be on geocities.com at first. Hopefully, it'll be online. By the way, I'm a Westwood alum, '87, from Mesa.

You'd think I'd have noticed the change since I go to the school, but I wasn't into going to games last year because they lost until the last two games.

It's a white helmet now, though, right?

seattlefan68...

The 2004 and 2005 Kent Meridian helmets are the same color, just different decals...The shell for those two were metallic royal blue...

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

I didn't know that Alabama finally had a high school helmet project. I remember a few years back that I was thinking of starting one up, but I realized that it would be a monumental task. However, one beef about the Prattville (6A, Reg. 4) helmet. That logo didn't have the black dropshadow around it.

smzimbabwe - Your helmet would be Sehome, which has already changed twice since the picture shown was taken...

Yeah, last year was the "anchor in flag" logo which I am not too fond of. But at least there's a logo there now, when I went there, it was a plain yellow helmet. I had always just wanted an anchor on the helmet, similar to what's on the sleeve...

http://cgi.bellinghamherald.com/cgi-bin/ph...=05prep56&pn=39

You'd think I'd have noticed the change since I go to the school, but I wasn't into going to games last year because they lost until the last two games.

It's a white helmet now, though, right?

seattlefan68...

The 2004 and 2005 Kent Meridian helmets are the same color, just different decals...The shell for those two were metallic royal blue...

Mike

Shows how much school spirit I have.

Yeah, last year was the "anchor in flag" logo which I am not too fond of. But at least there's a logo there now, when I went there, it was a plain yellow helmet. I had always just wanted an anchor on the helmet, similar to what's on the sleeve...

http://cgi.bellinghamherald.com/cgi-bin/ph...=05prep56&pn=39

smzimbabwe....

In 2004, that's exactly what it was, an anchor.....in 2005, it was the anchor in the flag...

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

it is already outdated

i drew the new kennewick high school "lions logo"

they debuted it last year

i have a mini replica from the owner of the website

im trying to send new designs to other washington high schools

that need work

BIGBAD....

I'd like to see a picture of that Kennewick mini helmet, just to see what the helmet is supposed to look like....

Dom....

You'll have to get in touch with Cliff (Washington HS Helmet Project) and see if he can make you one...He's the one who does them...

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

Does it bother anyone that so many of these helmets utilize co-opted professional and collegiate helmet designs?

I'm not suggesting that these high schools go out and hire SME to do their identity, but by the time kids get to high school, don't they get tired of "dressing up like the big leaguers?"

Also, when you talk about "school pride," wouldn't you be more likely to get behind your own, unique identity than that of the Denver Broncos or St. Louis Rams?

Back when I was in high school, our helmets had a borrowed professional team logo (though changed to our school colors), and I was always a little embarrassed by that. They later changed it, and though the new helmet wasn't spectacular, at least it was our own.

The pro/college helmet designs on this board include:

Atlanta Falcons

Calgary Stampede

Chicago Bears

Cincinnati Bengals

Clemson Tigers

Denver Broncos

Detroit Lions

Florida State Seminoles

Georgia Bulldogs

Louisville Cardinals

Michigan State Spartans

Minnesota Vikings

New Orleans Saints

Oregon Ducks

Purdue Boilermakers

St. Louis Rams

San Diego Chargers

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Tennessee Titans

Wisconsin Badgers

etc.

This is not really an issue of thievery, but rather about school pride. So c'mon, all you high schools -- be yourselves!

Does it bother anyone that so many of these helmets utilize co-opted professional and collegiate helmet designs?

I'm not suggesting that these high schools go out and hire SME to do their identity, but by the time kids get to high school, don't they get tired of "dressing up like the big leaguers?"

Also, when you talk about "school pride," wouldn't you be more likely to get behind your own, unique identity than that of the Denver Broncos or St. Louis Rams?

Back when I was in high school, our helmets had a borrowed professional team logo (though changed to our school colors), and I was always a little embarrassed by that. They later changed it, and though the new helmet wasn't spectacular, at least it was our own.

The pro/college helmet designs on this board include:

Atlanta Falcons

Calgary Stampede

Chicago Bears

Cincinnati Bengals

Clemson Tigers

Denver Broncos

Detroit Lions

Florida State Seminoles

Georgia Bulldogs

Louisville Cardinals

Michigan State Spartans

Minnesota Vikings

New Orleans Saints

Oregon Ducks

Purdue Boilermakers

St. Louis Rams

San Diego Chargers

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Tennessee Titans

Wisconsin Badgers

etc.

This is not really an issue of thievery, but rather about school pride. So c'mon, all you high schools -- be yourselves!

Don't forget these college/pro teams....

Michigan Wolverines

Kansas City Chiefs

Green Bay Packers

Philadelphia Eagles

Army Black Knights

Arizona Wildcats

Cincinnati Bearcats

Washington Huskies ("W" and newer husky logo are both there)

San Jose State Spartans

Oakland Athletics (yes, there's one in there with the "A" logo"

Montana State Bobcats

Florida Gators

Nebraska Cornhuskers

Marquette Golden Eagles

Air Force Falcons

Alabama Crimson Tide

Notre Dame Fighting Irish (any plain helmet can go under this one)

Portland State Vikings

Minnesota Vikings (the horn logo and viking head logo are both there)

St. Louis Rams (ram horn and ram head are both there)

Chicago Bears ("C" logo and bear head logo are both there)

New York Jets

Atlanta Falcons (old and new logos are both there)

Tennessee Volunteers

Florida Panthers (that's right...NHL Florida Panthers)

Florida State Seminoles (the spear and "FS" on their baseball caps are both there)

St. Louis Cardinals (The "STL" logo on the Cards caps is on there)

I'm sure I missed a few as well, but you get the idea...Yes, I believe many, many pro/college logos are overused, which isn't original, but you're asking literally thousands of high schools across the country to be original....It's just not going to happen....

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

I know it can cost schools some money to get their school branded with an original logo but I like how our school got one. At least I thought it was original until my dad (a coach at another school) got a gtm sportswear catolog. They have tons of logos to put on your school apparral. Lookg at their site they have hundreds of logos.

Sure enough in their powerline section they have our wolf.

http://gtmsportswear.com/gtm/emb_mascots.a..._desc=Powerline

PW29

However, I think this is kind of neat, because of all the different logos they have, your high school can pick one and most likely no one in your state or area or region will have the same exact thing. It allows high schools to have a logo that they can put on clothes easy w/o paying extra, and its a little bit personalized.

Heres where I got to those logos and if you click on MASCOTS you can pick different types of animals and stuff.

http://gtmsportswear.com/gtm/embroidery.asp

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

I know it can cost schools some money to get their school branded with an original logo but I like how our school got one. At least I thought it was original until my dad (a coach at another school) got a gtm sportswear catolog. They have tons of logos to put on your school apparral. Lookg at their site they have hundreds of logos.

Sure enough in their powerline section they have our wolf.

http://gtmsportswear.com/gtm/emb_mascots.a..._desc=Powerline

PW29

However, I think this is kind of neat, because of all the different logos they have, your high school can pick one and most likely no one in your state or area or region will have the same exact thing. It allows high schools to have a logo that they can put on clothes easy w/o paying extra, and its a little bit personalized.

Heres where I got to those logos and if you click on MASCOTS you can pick different types of animals and stuff.

http://gtmsportswear.com/gtm/embroidery.asp

lilgump....

Good show.....There's some great logos in there....It took me about an hour to go through just the logos themselves....I picked up quite a few for my inventory there...

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

dom

id love to do puyallups helmet

one of my best buds is a teacher at the jr high in puyallap

and his wife teaches at the high school

his kids will be vikes in about 10 yrs

with the success they had i cant see them wanting to change though

i would recommend it though

here is my orig

http://image57.webshots.com/657/1/25/71/21...95ehdxdO_ph.jpg2134125710070753095ehdxdO_ph.jpg

Archived