Devils logo concept

mcrosby

while i'm flattered that you chose to use my first "bear" as a basis for this concept (i think...what does it say about your design skills when your bear looks more like a tasmanian devil? :)), i think you would have been better served to use a photo of a tasmanian devil as the basis, and start from scratch - you showed in your hawks logo that you have ample skills to do just that (i'm assuming that you drew that logo rather than simply altering an existing one)

i'd also try to find a way to incorporate the front legs and the characteristic white stripe on the chest, which would help to more clearly identify this as a tasmanian devil - it does have some promise, though, and i'm a huge fan of team names that kind of throw people off

jldesigns404eo.png

heres to rmered

devils3kn2.png

I'm not Australian, but I am 100% sure that's not what Mero had in mind for your secondary. Do the research - I'd love to see "his" vision! :blush::hockeysmiley:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I went the direction that leggman suggested and started a logo completely from scratch. I have the head done but i cant figure out how to include the front legs and stripe without doing an entire body. If anybody has ideas please share. and to rmered....alt logo coming soon.

devils2mq0.png

Awesome. Huge improvement. The head definitely looks great, and I don't think you need anything else to have a solid logo.

The wordmark needs cleaning up, however. The font is cool and matches the team look, but right now it's too pixelated.

Great job though.

heres to rmered

devils3kn2.png

I'm not Australian, but I am 100% sure that's not what Mero had in mind for your secondary. Do the research - I'd love to see "his" vision! :blush::hockeysmiley:

:lol:

What?

Tassie is a triangular shaped state to the South.

It just so happens that it mostly lush forest.

Let's face it, it's my favorite place to go.

But an accurate logo's going to last 10 minutes. Tops.

Soooo, back to the topic at hand

Tassie Devils are kinda rodent like.

Tasmanian_devil.jpg

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I really like the uniform. Great job. The primary logo looks good but I think the alt. should be changed. The "D" looks weird.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Nice uniforms , my suggestion would be to add some more black some where on them, being that the helmet seems to be the only black on the outfit other than the numbers.

Also, maybe incorperating that white strip of the devil might make it unique.

I agree about the secondary logo that the T & D are kinda crowded and indistinguishable.

Tassie Devils are kinda rodent like.

Tasmanian_devil.jpg

I don't see any prominent incisors used for gnawing, which all mammals of the rodent classification have.

I do however see canine teeth used for grabbing and holding prey, which would suggest that the Tasmanian Devil is indeed a type of carnivore, more closely related to a weasel or a raccoon of some sort.

Archived