Tom Glavine's 'mystery' ailment

BJ Sands

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2555246

I hope this doesn't ruin his season or his career. Glavine's always seemed like a class guy and he deserves a chance to win one more ring. It looked like he was a lock to win 300 games, but now, who knows?

The scary thing is that the Mets still would be able to win the pennant without him. No one in the NL is close to them.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TYpical classless Braves fan, may they never be good again. May they be so miserable that by 2016 there is 5,000 fans per game in Turner Field and they start looking at relocating.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

TYpical classless Braves fan, may they never be good again. May they be so miserable that by 2016 there is 5,000 fans per game in Turner Field and they start looking at relocating.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Mets fans rank only behind the Cubs when it comes to least classy fans in my book.

*waits for inevitable 'atleast we have fans' comment* :rolleyes:

1997 | 2003

Glavine is a class guy, as well as a Thrashers season ticket holder. I respect him a lot.

But as long as his jersey says "Mets" or anything but the Braves, he's the enemy, pure and simple.

Learn what class is, Yanqui.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Mets fans rank only behind the Cubs when it comes to least classy fans in my book.

Two things:

1. Half of the fans at Pro Player Stadium during the 2003 NLCS were Cubs fans.

2. Look at my avatar and then what I wrote in my original post.

No Marlins "fan" has the right to say anything about any other fanbase. No fanbase is less deserving of what they've gotten (two world championships) than Marlins fans.

And what do you base your hatred of Cubs fans on? That they took over Pro Player in 2003 and spared Marlins fans the embarassment of not selling out the LCS?

The scary thing is that the Mets still would be able to win the pennant without him. No one in the NL is close to them.

Really? I'll give them the East, no questions asked. But who exactly is pitching these playoff games for the Mets?

Pedro? Nope. Well, maybe - if he holds up physically.

Glavine? Uh-uh.

And who's left? El Duque? Exactly ONE good outing since the All-Star Break. Last seen getting lit up in Philadelphia.

Trachsel? With an ERA hovering near 5, he's servicable - but your #2 in the playoffs?

Maine? Pitching great, but with all of 20 games pitched in the majors, that's your #3?

With Pedro hurt (again), and Glavine possibly facing an early end to the season, it's not a cinch that the Mets win anything at this point.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Really? I'll give them the East, no questions asked. But who exactly is pitching these playoff games for the Mets?

Glavine? Uh-uh.

And who's left? El Duque? Exactly ONE good outing since the All-Star Break. Last seen getting lit up in Philadelphia.

Trachsel? With an ERA hovering near 5, he's servicable - but your #2 in the playoffs?

Maine? Pitching great, but with all of 20 games pitched in the majors, that's your #3?

With Pedro hurt (again), and Glavine possibly facing an early end to the season, it's not a cinch that the Mets win anything at this point.

Good points all, but, who beats them?

The Dodgers? Their pitching isn't as great as people say. I wouldn't trust Maddux or Lowe to stop the Mets.

The Cardinals? They are just a really flawed team.

With that lineup, the Mets should be able to slug their way into the Series, where they will be thoroughly thrashed by whoever wins the AL.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Two things:

No Marlins "fan" has the right to say anything about any other fanbase. No fanbase is less deserving of what they've gotten (two world championships) than Marlins fans.

And what do you base your hatred of Cubs fans on? That they took over Pro Player in 2003 and spared Marlins fans the embarassment of not selling out the LCS?

See, this is why I can't stand Cub fans. The entire "you don't deserve it" BS towards other teams.

Oh come on, the Marlins would have sold out those games regardless. I went to all three games down here and there were a good amount of Cub fans but nowhere near 50/50. But w/e.

1997 | 2003

They are the same Cub fans that say they "Take over" St. Louis and "take over" milwaukee every year. The latter is more true, but its 60/40 at best at either of those series. And I mean its 60 home, 40 away.

I went to the Cubs/Cards game on saturday at wrigley, and their were alot more Cardinal fans than I even expected, but you'll never hear Cardinal fans say we "Take over" wrigley.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Two things:

See, this is why I can't stand Cub fans. The entire "you don't deserve it" BS towards other teams.

Oh come on, the Marlins would have sold out those games regardless. I went to all three games down here and there were a good amount of Cub fans but nowhere near 50/50. But w/e.

Plenty of other fanbases deserve winning.

Marlins fans don't.

Glavine? Uh-uh.

I guess you didnt hear about Duque's 2-0 win today.

Pedro shoudl be fine his latest injury looks more precautionary then anything if teh Mets get him back in September geta few outings before the season ends and get him fresh for OCtober he should be find, and we dont know about Glavine yet. But look at the Mets, bullpen Id match up against anyone's pen.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Marlins fans don't.

Of course, because they aren't Real Fans! Well, you can enjoy constant indigestion as a Real Fan, but I'll enjoy my two "undeserved" titles that the Marlins have won since 1909. I could explain to you what the feeling is when you look at the newspaper front pages celebrating the titles won sometime in my great-grandfather's lifetime hung on my wall, but you just wouldn't understand...

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Marlins fans don't.

Of course, because they aren't Real Fans! Well, you can enjoy constant indigestion as a Real Fan, but I'll enjoy my two "undeserved" titles that the Marlins have won since 1909. I could explain to you what the feeling is when you look at the newspaper front pages celebrating the titles won sometime in my great-grandfather's lifetime hung on my wall, but you just wouldn't understand...

Burn.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Marlins fans don't.

Like these?

p8030004mr3.jpg

p8030007eo3.jpg

:D

1997 | 2003

Marlins fans don't.

Like these?

p8030004mr3.jpg

p8030007eo3.jpg

:D

Here's some indigestion...

:puke:

Like these?

Yep, but mine have black mattes. I am one who continues to live in denial of the fact that the Marlins have the colour teal as a team colour. :P

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Go straight to hell, do not pass Go, do not collect 200 dollars.

(May the Mets stumble and collapse upon themselves..again)

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

First up, let's clear one thing up.

Nobody is a cinch to win anything in the playoffs.

The playoffs are all about who's hot. Period.

Cardinals had the best team in the league in 2004 by a good chunk, managed to barely squeeze into the World Series and were flat for that. Meanwhile, it was the Wild Card teams who finished the season hot (to win the Wild Card) and kept that hot streak alive in the playoffs (I guess Boston had a bump in the road before reheating) who chased them out (Houston almost got 'em in the NLCS, Boston took care of them in the WS).

Cardinals of 2005 were the best NL team (and record wise tied for the best in the ML). They blew away a poor (playoff wise) Padres team, but facing the hot Wild Card Astros, they were flat again and their season finished.

There are NO sure things in playoff baseball.

So with that in mind, their are plenty of teams that can give the Mets a run. After the Cards seemingly exposed a not so good Dodger team by taking all 7 games they played this season (in about a 2 weeks span), the Dodgers made a couple moves and went on an absolute tear. If that team plays at that level, clearly, they can play with and beat anyone.

The Cardinals dominated early in the season. Since then they've been ridiculously up and down. But the fact remains when they're firing, they can play with any team in baseball. The problem is for a while they stopped firing at all, and lately they've been fire only ever couple games or so. Basically, this teams biggest flaw is inconsistancy. They're pitching staff seems like a weakness, but going into the season that was a big strength. What has it seeming like the problem? It's inconsistancy. If the Cardinals play good baseball on all levels, then that good baseball is as good as anybody's. So far they haven't shown they can do it consistantly, but like I said, it's all about getting on a hot streak (meaning consistantly good), and if the Cards do that, there's no doubt they can take the Mets.

So, you've got good competition in those two teams, and don't leave out whoever wins the Wild Card (just assuming the previous two win the division--which is no sure thing). Wild Card teams win the Wild Card because they go on a hot streak to end the season and beat out the others. If that hot streak carries nto the postseason, the Wild Card team, too, could take the Mets.

There's no sure thing in baseball playoffs, and if Mets lose Pedro and Glavine for the playoffs, it's more than up in the air.

Archived