Pittsburgh Natives

maz

My fantasy team is the Pittsburgh Natives of the CCSLC's EFL.

I chose the name natives, because Steel would've been to obvious of a choice, so I figured I'd choose something to call back to one of the forgotten times in Pittsburgh's history. The thing that Pittsburgh owes all its existence to. The French and Indian War.

Hence the name Natives is used to honor the Seneca and Algonquin indians that lived in the area.

I decided to go red & black with a checker pattern similar to that on the hats of the Pittsburgh Police, while it still has sort of a Native American feel to it, as to honor the past and present.

So, here it is...

PittsburghNatives.png

C&C please

oBIgzrL.png

I really like the checkerboard pattern on the unis, but to me it makes no sense on uniforms for a team called the natives. If you're going to do a police theme, then it makes sense, but otherwise, it doesn't really fit. If you made the patten into diamonds instead of squares it might work better IMO.

I agree about the checkers making it look more like a racing theme. Diamonds might be a good fix, or triangles (or some random pattern there of a la the old Coyotes unis. I loved those things!)

The logo has a nice 60's touch to it, which adds to the mistique.

The only other thing I would suggest is the nameplate font -- maybe something a little taller or wider so that it stands out on the nameplate more. Other than that? A pretty good job. ^_^

philly.png

Or better yet "Pittsburgh Umemployed"...lol...sorry crakin myself up.

work on that indian logo, give it a more professional look.

You know, Indian is not very PC these days.. kinda like useing; whities, negros or china men... I got tough skin though, natives is nice...lol

I really like the checkerboard pattern on the unis, but to me it makes no sense on uniforms for a team called the natives. If you're going to do a police theme, then it makes sense, but otherwise, it doesn't really fit. If you made the patten into diamonds instead of squares it might work better IMO.

yah, the checkers are great! as the fonz said they remind you of racing, and racing reminds you of speed! speed and football are good! great concept!

untitled-6.jpg

Archived