Armed Forces Bowl

KevinMcD

Okay logo. :censored:ty name for a bowl game though. Unless you're restricting it to the service academies, what's the point?

...because the same reason teams other than Arizona State can play at the Sun Bowl and teams other than Syracuse can play at the Orange Bowl?

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I think it's there as a respect factor to all of our military men and women here in the US and overseas. I like thie idea of the name, and it's much better than the "Insert City or State Here" Bowl (wink, wink New Mexico, Birmingham, New Orleans, Texas)

My question is why Bell Helicopter would sponsor this bowl, unless there's some political horse-trading going on. Sponsors like Chik-fil-a and Tostitos make the most sense, because those are more or less impulse products with a lot of competition. Even sponsors like FedEx and AT&T make sense, because they're still widespread consumer products. But I don't think anyone's going to be sitting around saying "hmmm... maybe next helicopter I buy will be a BELL helicopter!" The only thing I can think of is that the Pentagon agreed to give them a contract if they would sponsor the "Armed Services Bowl" for recruiting purposes.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Okay logo.  :censored:ty name for a bowl game though.  Unless you're restricting it to the service academies, what's the point?

...because the same reason teams other than Arizona State can play at the Sun Bowl and teams other than Syracuse can play at the Orange Bowl?

you know growing up, I always thought the Gator Bowl was just FL's bowl game.

The name works! Simply because of two things, bell helicopter has its' hq in Ft. Worth and there is the Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base in Ft. Worth. BNow what would have been cool is if they had some way worked the football into a helicopter

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

The only thing I can think of is that the Pentagon agreed to give them a contract if they would sponsor the "Armed Services Bowl" for recruiting purposes.

(1) That would be illegal.

(2) The Pentagon, and all of government, is required by law to have competitive bidding on things like helicopters. They can award certain contracts without it but not with respect to aircraft.

(3) I'm pretty sure the exact opposite is in play here: Bell is trying to demonstrate a commitment to the nation's military by sponsoring the game, and thus is aiming to be looked at more favorably to get future contracts from the government.

Now that I've heard the explanation of the name change, I'm for it. Only problem is that, someday, they'll change the name again, which brings the question - does it then dishonor our servicemen/women?

nav-logo.png

I don't think anyone's going to be sitting around saying "hmmm... maybe next helicopter I buy will be a BELL helicopter!"

Perhaps not, but let's not forget that Bell Helicopter is a publicly traded company, and with three or so hours of multiple opportunities to advertise their company, there will be a number of people in the game's target demographic that may elect to talk to their brokers about throwing a few dollars into Bell. Also, it's key to remember that many of the alumni of the respective schools playing in the game (especially those in the VIP seats and suites/tents) will be wealthy folks. By sponsoring the game, Bell officials will have tremendous access to a nice pocket of moneyed individuals who may be receptive to hearing more about investment opportunities. That's a huge element of corporate sponsorship that rarely gets talked about in this community. These types of sponsorships certainly can do wonders for advertising products sold on the open market, but they can also have a huge effect on their capital positions due to enhanced abilities to market their stocks.

Well, given this development, it's only a matter of time before Toronto's "International Bowl" rebrands itself as the "Conscientious Objector Bowl".

Nah it's more likely to be called "The Rogers Bowl". Ted Rogers has a vise-like grip on the entire city of Toronto from the media and telecommunications aspect.

Kinda Big Brotherish if you ask me.

As for the logo, I like it but take the football out of the logo and it'd be better.

My question is why Bell Helicopter would sponsor this bowl, unless there's some political horse-trading going on. Sponsors like Chik-fil-a and Tostitos make the most sense, because those are more or less impulse products with a lot of competition. Even sponsors like FedEx and AT&T make sense, because they're still widespread consumer products. But I don't think anyone's going to be sitting around saying "hmmm... maybe next helicopter I buy will be a BELL helicopter!" The only thing I can think of is that the Pentagon agreed to give them a contract if they would sponsor the "Armed Services Bowl" for recruiting purposes.

I don't know where you live but just tonight my wife and I were discussing our next helicopter purchase. I would love a Apache but it is just not practical with the kids ( no place for the chopper seats) but she thinks a Chinook is more practical. I hate to say it but I have to agree with her. Man I'm getting old! I never thought I'd be flying a Chinook. :D

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Great name. Horrendous logo. They need to find whomever did the new Texas Bowl logo and hire him/them. This logo does not scream Armed Forces to me. It screams 3-4 pieces of clip art slapped together.

It would also be nice if West Point ever fielded a team good enough to make a damn bowl game again...lol.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Great name. Horrendous logo. They need to find whomever did the new Texas Bowl logo and hire him/them. This logo does not scream Armed Forces to me. It screams 3-4 pieces of clip art slapped together.

It would also be nice if West Point ever fielded a team good enough to make a damn bowl game again...lol.

Right on there. Beating up on a bunch of softies is fun and all, but it would be nice if they gave a challenge every once in a while.

GO NAVY BEAT ARMY!

BTW, Bell Helicopters does have a good portion of the civilian helicopter market, so it does make sense. Oh, and the AH-64 Apache and CH-47 Chinook are both built by Boeing. If you want a good MILSPEC Bell helo, take a swing at the AH-1 Cobra or MV-22 Osprey. More bang for the buck if you ask me. :)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Archived