lake michigan seals

leggman01

Although I highly doubt that a seal could survive in Lake Michigan, the concept itself is alright. I think you should change that little blue spot under the seal to white or maize to make it more visible.

Have you thought of a darker yellow/gold for the blue portion of the seal?

no...the owner wanted michigan colors - i pulled the blue and maize directly out of the michigan logo on this site

Along with something said earlier, what about putting a thin maize accent line across the bottom of the flippers and body?

i might try that, although the blue on the lower portion of the body represents the portion of the body that is in shadow and those highlights, while they might further define the body form, wouldn't jive with the shadow

jldesigns404eo.png

I like the helmet.  Could you tell me what template that you used and how I would go about making them.  I need to make some helmets for my fantasy football league but really don't know how to.

here is my template - i use psp8, so it's raster, but i'm not sure how well it works in any other program

helmettempqt7.png

i did not create this template, but i'm not sure who did, so i can't give proper credit...sorry - if it's your creation, THANKS!

jldesigns404eo.png

seal210ql8.png

added a wordmark and changed the angle of the seal to make it look a little less like an airplane...not sure if it worked, but i like the wordmark

sealshatqv0.png

also made a secondary logo (the curved shape is supposed to approximate the michigan helmet striping) and put it on a baseball hat, since the owner is also in my fantasy baseball league

jldesigns404eo.png

I like it, but I think you should get rid of the small gray mark on the flipper. It really distracts the viewer from the logo. The first thing I noticed was the mark.

are you talking about the triangular shape that separates the two rear flippers? if so, maybe i should actually enlarge it, to make it more pronounced?

jldesigns404eo.png

Archived