Magic Number Watch

meetthemets

Since 1962 its Mets 2 Braves 1

And the Champiionships in Boston and Milwaukee dont really count any more.

Since 1993, it's Marlins 2, Braves 1, and Mets 0.

Just keeping it in perspective folks. :)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since 1993, it's Marlins 2, Braves 1, and Mets 0.

Just keeping it in perspective folks. :)

and Phillies -7

The 14 straight tiles is an impressive stat. I've never denied that. But don't sit here and brag about the one time the Braves won it all in 14 straight tries. If we're gonna get into a debate about championships, I'll take my two over your one.

All I originally said was that a Braves fan shouldn't be talking about early exits in the playoffs, especially when it hasn't even happened yet. How many of those have the Braves had in the last 15 years?

In the last fifteen years (1991-2005) the Braves have lost the NLDS six times. The Mets haven't even made it to the playoffs that many times.

Mets fans, please stop acting like you're hot :censored:. When only five teams in your leauge are above .500 winning your division should be a piece of cake. The Braves are still the better team; maybe not this year but let's add up the records from '91-05 eh?

NYM:1147-1216 (.485)

ATL: 1431-931 (.605)

nyg1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifyankees4-sm.gifknicks-sm.gif

mysigdj9.png

What do you mean...they "don't really count anymore"? Do they just get erased out of the record books?

Braves 3 WS won, Mets 2 WS won

End of story.

No offense, well actually, this may offend you, but that's a pretty stupid statement in my honest opinion. Tell me why the Braves WS wins in Boston and Milwaukee don't count anymore. In fact they do count, and here's why. Apparently, you used history to make your argument that since 1962 the Mets have 2 WS and the Braves have 1 WS. So if the Braves' two other WS wins in Boston and Milwaukee don't count, why do the two Mets' WS wins count?? Is it because they never relocated? Well, if that's the case then I guess the WS wins by the Brooklyn Dodgers, New York Giants, Philadelphia Athletics and Washington Nationals (no, not the current team that plays in DC, the team that used to play there and was also known as the Senators for a while then became the Minnesota Twins) don't count either. So, since history doesn't matter, you might as well consider the Nationals/Senators/Twins/Expos/Nationals one franchise. Your statement makes absolutely no sense to me. Like you said before, Tank, history doesn't count so I guess the two WS won by the Mets don't count either, and we'll have to decide who has the most WS victories by going with the most recent WS victory. That sir, went to the Atlanta Braves who won the WS in 1995. So if we do the math, and ya know, throw out history because of course history doesn't matter, which is why it is taught in basically every school out there, the Braves have 1 WS and the Mets have ZERO. Way to totally contradict yourself, Tank and prove yourself wrong. Nice job.

No offense, well actually, this may offend you, but that's a pretty stupid statement in my honest opinion. Tell me why the Braves WS wins in Boston and Milwaukee don't count anymore. In fact they do count, and here's why. Apparently, you used history to make your argument that since 1962 the Mets have 2 WS and the Braves have 1 WS. So if the Braves' two other WS wins in Boston and Milwaukee don't count, why do the two Mets' WS wins count?? Is it because they never relocated? Well, if that's the case then I guess the WS wins by the Brooklyn Dodgers, New York Giants, Philadelphia Athletics and Washington Nationals (no, not the current team that plays in DC, the team that used to play there and was also known as the Senators for a while then became the Minnesota Twins) don't count either. So, since history doesn't matter, you might as well consider the Nationals/Senators/Twins/Expos/Nationals one franchise. Your statement makes absolutely no sense to me. Like you said before, Tank, history doesn't count so I guess the two WS won by the Mets don't count either, and we'll have to decide who has the most WS victories by going with the most recent WS victory. That sir, went to the Atlanta Braves who won the WS in 1995. So if we do the math, and ya know, throw out history because of course history doesn't matter, which is why it is taught in basically every school out there, the Braves have 1 WS and the Mets have ZERO. Way to totally contradict yourself, Tank and prove yourself wrong. Nice job.

I'm actually starting to think after reading all this that Mets-Braves is more interesting then Yanks-Sox.

nyg1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifyankees4-sm.gifknicks-sm.gif

mysigdj9.png

So if the Braves' two other WS wins in Boston and Milwaukee don't count, why do the two Mets' WS wins count?? Is it because they never relocated?

YES

So, since history doesn't matter, you might as well consider the Nationals/Senators/Twins/Expos/Nationals one franchise.

That makes no sense.

Your statement makes absolutely no sense to me. Like you said before, Tank, history doesn't count so I guess the two WS won by the Mets don't count either, and we'll have to decide who has the most WS victories by going with the most recent WS victory.

Now you're just being silly. Yes they do as "The New York Mets" won two WS titles. The "Atlanta" Braves have won one. No Atlantan was pulling for the Braves when they were in Milwaukee or Boston. I have a friend that has been a die hard Braves fan his whole life and I can guarantee you he doesn't count their titles in Milwaukee or Boston.

That sir, went to the Atlanta Braves who won the WS in 1995. So if we do the math, and ya know, throw out history because of course history doesn't matter, which is why it is taught in basically every school out there, the Braves have 1 WS and the Mets have ZERO. Way to totally contradict yourself, Tank and prove yourself wrong. Nice job.

Dude, lay off the pipe. No one is saying throw out history. When teams change cities, 99% of the time the fans don't carry their alaegiances with them. Twins fans don't sit around and talk about the old says in Washington, Colorado Avalanche fans don't reminisce about the good old days in Quebec, hey talk about the titles they won in their city. The only exception to this rule that I can think of would be Raiders fans, but that's a whole other conversation. Radier fans are f'd up anyway.

Dude, lay off the pipe. No one is saying throw out history. When teams change cities, 99% of the time the fans don't carry their alaegiances with them. Twins fans don't sit around and talk about the old says in Washington, Colorado Avalanche fans don't reminisce about the good old days in Quebec, hey talk about the titles they won in their city. The only exception to this rule that I can think of would be Raiders fans, but that's a whole other conversation. Radier fans are f'd up anyway.

Come down to Raleigh and see how many people nauseate you with Hartford Whalers jerseys, stories, etc. We won a goddamned Stanley Cup in Raleigh, but to some you'd swear it was just the Whalers, on a decade-long extended vacation.

nav-logo.png

Well its different in baseball championships dont carry over you never see teh San Francisco Giants displaying their New York Cahmpionships, do the Braves even have banners for 1914 & 1957?

All I ever see is their Atlanta Years on display at the Ted.

And if you are at entire franchise histories the Mets win World Seires every 22.5 years while the Braves even with their 3 if you must count all 3 win one 35.3 years.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well its different in baseball championships dont carry over you never see teh San Francisco Giants displaying their New York Cahmpionships, do the Braves even have banners for 1914 & 1957?

All I ever see is their Atlanta Years on display at the Ted.

And if you are at entire franchise histories the Mets win World Seires every 22.5 years while the Braves even with their 3 if you must count all 3 win one 35.3 years.

That's a team-by-team choice though. The Dodgers and Twins either do, or have, for example, acknowledged their Brooklyn/Washington histories in various ways (retired numbers, etc.)

nav-logo.png

What do you mean...they "don't really count anymore"? Do they just get erased out of the record books?

End of story.

And the Braves debuted almost 100 years before the Mets did... up 3-2 is a clear indication of their dominance.

All this "Braves are amazing" talk got me thinkin about this

WINFPHU008004~Dave-Winfield-1992-World-Series-Winning-Double-Posters.jpg

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

End of story.

And the Braves debuted almost 100 years before the Mets did... up 3-2 is a clear indication of their dominance.

..... it actually does show their dominance....

..... compared to Cubs and Phillies :)

I saw, I came, I left.

# OF GAMES UNTIL THE METS ARE OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS:

To be picky, that would be 35.

Very good nonetheless. :)

Yeah, I had just got done watching the Cardinals game, my brain was mush.

Whatever, everyone knew what I meant anyway, so what's the harm?

And to the Mets dude(s?) talking about World Series wins in Milwaukee and Boston don't count...

What? That makes very little, if any, sense. It's the same franchise, no matter what city it was in. Face it, the Braves have won more World Series than the Mets.

And Tank, the statistics "World Series Wins/year" crap is annoying. That's like saying the Dallas Cowboys (Win the SB every 9 years) are better than the Green Bay Packers (every 11). It just doesn't work.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Archived