WWE logos

Dark Angel

Back in 2003, there was a rumor that the WWE was changing it's logo to replace the Attitude-era logo. Are they still planning a logo change or was it the old-school legends logo that they were talking about?

Also, I knew that the Attitude logo started as an alt. but since when did they replaced the Showtime-era logo. I'd watched RAW in 98 and I'd even didn't saw it' coming.

Back in 2003, there was a rumor that the WWE was changing it's logo to replace the Attitude-era logo. Are they still planning a logo change or was it the old-school legends logo that they were talking about?

Also, I knew that the Attitude logo started as an alt. but since when did they replaced the Showtime-era logo. I'd watched RAW in 98 and I'd even didn't saw it' coming.

As far as I know, the only logo change they were serious about was the transition from the WWF scratch logo to WWE scratch logo. Other rumors had been tossed around, but nothing really came of it.

There were rumours that the WWE was planning on replacing the attitude era inspired WWE logo around WrestleMania XX. Rumours were that is was either going to be the original showtime logo, minus the "F", or it was going to be the showtime logo with the "F" replaced with an "E". Niether logo was unveiled as a new logo, the WWE still uses the attitude era inspired WWE logo. The closest either got to being used was the original showtime logo minus the "F", which was used for John Cena's "Word Life" brand of merchindise.

It should also be noted that in the most recent WWE video game, SmackDown! vs Raw 2006, the Word Life logo (the showtime logo minus the "F") is used to designate legends, and is used in place of the current attitude era inspired logo in the classic unlockable WrestleMania IX arena.

As for the transition from the showtime logo to the attitude are logo, the exact time of the complete changeover can be pinned to one night: WrestleMania XIV, which took place on March 29, 1998.

Up until then the scratch attitude logo was as an alt, with the showtime logo still being used as the company's primary. During WrestleMania the company continued to use the showtime as the primary-it was used at the corner of the screen, on the turnbucckles, and on the official logo graphics. However all WrestleMania XIV t-shirts sold used the attitude era logo in place of the showtime logo.

The show's main event featured "Stone Cold" Steve Austin capturing the WWF title by defeating Shan Michaels. This officially ushered in the "Attitude" era, and the next night on Monday Night Raw the attitude era logo was everywhere, with the showtime logo nor where to be seen.

It was also on that night that the WWF retired the classic "winged-eagle" WWF championship belt for the updated attitude era title belt.

^ nice but a but flawed

The Attitude WWF logo would be first shown during the Survivor Series 1997, during a commercial, where the wrestlers was talking about stuff "Try to lace up my boots"

In around december 1997 or so the WWF attitude logo would replace the "new generation" logo in the corner (New Generation was the showtime wwf logo angled in front of a square which was usually blue)

In early March 1998, The Raw Is War stage would be modified to have the WWF attitude logo added below the titantron, in the new entrance with curtains to the side (before it was just curtain) and would have the WWF Attitude logo banner on the steel towers on the sides of the titantron.

Then WrestleMania XIV came, it had the new generation logo in the logo, but in the intro to it, it would zoom into the wrestlemania logo, and show pictures froma ll the wrestlemania's leading up to the attitude logo. The banners from the ceiling still had the new generation logo, but the ring apron skirt had the new attitude logo.

The next PPV Unforgiven: In Your House would use the attitude logo as the primary logo, and from there on out that was the main logo and the phase out of the Showtime & New Generation logo's.

Also the WWE showtimes logo (which first appeared for john cena's word life) is also used in the WWE Legends logo, which of course is featured in SDvRaw2007, I am guessing they can only show/use the old WWF showtime & new generation logo in old footage, why this can be done with the attitude logo is beyond me, as it makes any WWF footage from 1998-

I've actually heard rumors of the WWE going back to WWF. The WWE has won the lawsuit over the WWF name from that Wildlife foundation.

No, they havn't. The reason they switched to WWE in the first place is because they lost the suite with the World Wildlife Fondation.

I would just like the WWE to try and get the rights to be able to show the WWF Attitude logo in old footage again.

I mean would it be that hard to put a warning before the footage saying its not the World Wildlife Fund?

I know what you mean ? going through the WrestleMania Anthology, it was getting really hard to watch XIV through XIII or XIX, although it was kinda fun to try and pick out the few times they missed it ? but that's the way she goes. It was part of the ruling, and so WWE has to live with it.

But I've always been curious as to why Vince never fought this harder. I don't think he ever launched an appeal. Maybe he was thinking about rebranding anyway, and this just gave him an excuse to do it.

But I've always been curious as to why Vince never fought this harder. I don't think he ever launched an appeal. Maybe he was thinking about rebranding anyway, and this just gave him an excuse to do it.

I think this is very likely. It was around this time that they stopped refering to it as professional wrestling and started using sports enterainment (I hate that phrase). So this gave Vince an out to brand his company as an entertainemnt company rather then a wrestling federation.

I've actually heard rumors of the WWE going back to WWF.  The WWE has won the lawsuit over the WWF name from that Wildlife foundation.

No, they havn't. The reason they switched to WWE in the first place is because they lost the suite with the World Wildlife Fondation.

They did lose the case to the World WildLife Fund making it so that along with a name change to WWE, the scratch "Attitude WWF" logo must be blurred out of all footage using it in the now-WWE video library. I think recently the McMahons got the rights to the name World Wrestling Federation, but I don't know for sure. Notice how if they show classic footage any reference to "WWF" is edited out, but the name "World Wrestling Federation" is left alone.

I've actually heard rumors of the WWE going back to WWF.  The WWE has won the lawsuit over the WWF name from that Wildlife foundation.

They did lose the case to the World WildLife Fund making it so that along with a name change to WWE, the scratch "Attitude WWF" logo must be blurred out of all footage using it in the now-WWE video library. I think recently the McMahons got the rights to the name World Wrestling Federation, but I don't know for sure. Notice how if they show classic footage any reference to "WWF" is edited out, but the name "World Wrestling Federation" is left alone.

I knew it was something like that. My cousin who is a big wrestlingjunkie knows a lot about the stuff and I've been a wrestling fan my whole life. I guess things got garbled in translation.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

They trademarked World Wrestling Federation.

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=6b6afn.2.1

That doesn't mean they'll go back to it. What good is the name "World Wrestling Federation" if they can't use the "WWF" initials or logo?

That doesn't mean they'll go back to it. What good is the name "World Wrestling Federation" if they can't use the "WWF" initials or logo?

Nothing, just pointing out they trademarked it.

I have an idea to make both sides happy.

1).The "World Wrestling Federation" can go by the initials the "WF" like the late

WB network(R.I.P.,1996-06)+still have the rights to their namesake.

2).The World Wildlife Found can keep their initials as well as their trademark.

or.....The WF can go by a new trademark as.........:therock:

....The World Wrestling Entertainment Federation :shocked: +keep their

ol' skool mid 1980's logo.It's a mix of the ol'skool/new generation.

I know wrestling is "staged" and choreographed,but it's requires a

heavy amount of physical regimen,plus some athletic skill to boot(no pun intended).

That's why it's called "sports entertainment"-hence the namesake.

FYI,the reason why I put entertainment bet. wrestling and federation,because pro.

wrestling is scripted,but to the naked eye..it seems like a legit sporting contest.

I'm done for the day.THE END :flagusa: .

majorleaguebaseball3fi.gif

nflfan8bf.jpg

319rg.jpg

dccomics5vs.png

antimtv.png

....The World Wrestling Entertainment Federation

I seem to remember back when they were about to change to World Wrestling Entertainment that there was a rumor going around that they were thinking about World Wrestling Federation Entertainment. If they would have done that the logo would probably still have been what it is today but I remember thinking that would have sounded a lot better than World Wrestling Entertainment.

The parent company used to be Titan Sports. Eventually, it was changed to World Wrestling Federation Entertainment. However, it was still just WWF.

After the crap with the Fund, the parent company changed to World Wrestling Entertainment as well as the on-air product itself.

Still not 100% used to WWE, but at this point I doubt it will ever be changed back. Although I did read after Vince lost there was a later decision in the British court (yep, this all happened in the UK) that said the fund did not necessarily have exclusive rights to the WWF initials. That came about after the Fund was pissed there was still WWF wrestling merchandise being sold with the scratch logo. They sued to stop the sales but lost.

Archived