Vick jersey cut

Krona

Tell this guy:

1) About looking mean.

2) About wearing a tight jersey and being "faster", "playing better", and being more "aero dynamic".

3) About cutting his jersey down and not wearing stripes.

4) About not wearing long sleeves.

5) About not wearing padding on his arms.

The original "Monster of the Midway".

butkus.jpg

Think he needs a "REVO" helmet to look mean?

I didn't think so...

Tell this guy:

1) About looking mean.

2) About wearing a tight jersey and being "faster", "playing better", and being more "aero dynamic".

butkus.jpg

I didn't think so...

Damn, that is a fine looking jersey. B)

metslogo_215.gif

What, exactly, is wrong with that?

Tighter looks better. Loose clothes make people look fatter - in sports and every day life (hint hint, big people on the board who wear baggy jerseys).

It plays better. They are more aero dynamic and have less fabric for opposing players to grab onto.

And, last but not least, a tighter fit means that the poor, underfed, underpaid sweatshop workers that make the jerseys have less to sew, cut, and work with.

Peace out, home skillets.

Okay Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, if sports was a fashion show then we wouldn't have teams running around in yellow and silver pants or pinstriped vests. It's a uniform that you play a game in. And while we REALLY (read: not at all) appreciate your opinion on the matter of tight fitting close looking better, we are discussing sports here. I know that personally if I wanted to watch guys run around in skin-tight bodysuits, I'd get into Olympic bobsledding. Plus, what happened to that whole element of the football uniform...uh....padding? Last time I remember it was a contact sport. I'm sure Marcus will remember that when he separates his shoulder. And as for you, home skillet, try not talking down to the people of this board (not that I'm not SURE you're 10 times cooler than the rest of us).

Waaaaay back...and GONE! Home run. Very nice! Excellent response Chazberg. :notworthy:

Except for the fact that he completely forgot my response than the tighter plays better and is better for performance. Other than that, he typed a lot and said nothing, whereas returntoglory16, someone who actually plays football, agreed with me.

I was calling you out for ripping on everyone on this board, in effect calling us a lot of fat, unstylish slobs. No one on this board has the right to talk down to anyone else, whether you have played football (which apparently makes you a God, oh wait that is until you leave high school) or not. And you players keep using the argument that function is more important than form, which I'd understand except for one small thing: How do you explain every Hall of Famer anf NFL great from the mid 90's or before? Jerry Rice and Barry Sanders, arguably the greatest all-time at their positions, both did just fine with their big bulky pads and long sleeves flailing in the breeze. So don't tell me that you need to take all the padding out of your pants, tape your jersey to your pads and have no sleeves to be able to play football. There's generations of legends before us that would beg to differ.

And I personally have no problem with the Revolution, but if they are so cool as someone claimed, how come so many players that switched to them have swtiched back (Eli Manning, Mark Brunell off the top of my head)?

Tell this guy:

1) About looking mean.

butkus.jpg

I didn't think so...

Holy :censored:! "Revos" have got nothin on this guy.

When I played football and hockey, I hated having anything baggy on. In football, tight jerseys give the opponents one less thing to grab on to to get you from getting to the QB or to tackle you. I'll also argue that wearing smaller pads make a world of difference.

IUe6Hvh.png

Well, he can have the tight jersey all he want, but the only people who'll be seeing it is the 1st String Defence during Game Week.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2572198

Dolphins sign Marcus Vick to practice squad

Associated Press

DAVIE, Fla. -- A day after he was cut, Marcus Vick was among eight players signed to the Miami Dolphins' practice squad Sunday.

Rookie tackle Joe Toledo was placed on injured reserve because of a knee injury, meaning he'll miss the entire season. To replace him on the roster, Miami signed eight-year veteran offensive lineman Kendyl Jacox.

Coach Nick Saban, who cut Vick on Saturday to reach the regular-season roster limit, was pleased that no other NFL team claimed him.

"Sometimes you've got to take a little risk, and we're happy it ended up like it ended up," Saban said of Atlanta quarterback Michael Vick's little brother.

Vick switched to receiver this summer and showed promise at the position after a turbulent career as a quarterback at Virginia Tech.

Jacox, 31, spent the past four seasons with New Orleans before being released in March. He started 15 games last season and has 85 career starts.

Saban said the Dolphins, who have only Ronnie Brown and Travis Minor at running back, plan to sign another one this week, Saban said. The season opener is Thursday at Pittsburgh.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Tighter looks better. Loose clothes make people look fatter - in sports and every day life (hint hint, big people on the board who wear baggy jerseys).

It plays better. They are more aero dynamic and have less fabric for opposing players to grab onto.

And, last but not least, a tighter fit means that the poor, underfed, underpaid sweatshop workers that make the jerseys have less to sew, cut, and work with.

Okay Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, if sports was a fashion show then we wouldn't have teams running around in yellow and silver pants or pinstriped vests. It's a uniform that you play a game in. And while we REALLY (read: not at all) appreciate your opinion on the matter of tight fitting close looking better, we are discussing sports here. I know that personally if I wanted to watch guys run around in skin-tight bodysuits, I'd get into Olympic bobsledding. Plus, what happened to that whole element of the football uniform...uh....padding? Last time I remember it was a contact sport. I'm sure Marcus will remember that when he separates his shoulder. And as for you, home skillet, try not talking down to the people of this board (not that I'm not SURE you're 10 times cooler than the rest of us).

Waaaaay back...and GONE! Home run. Very nice! Excellent response Chazberg. :notworthy:

Except for the fact that he completely forgot my response than the tighter plays better and is better for performance. Other than that, he typed a lot and said nothing, whereas returntoglory16, someone who actually plays football, agreed with me.

I was calling you out for ripping on everyone on this board, in effect calling us a lot of fat, unstylish slobs. No one on this board has the right to talk down to anyone else, whether you have played football (which apparently makes you a God, oh wait that is until you leave high school) or not. And you players keep using the argument that function is more important than form, which I'd understand except for one small thing: How do you explain every Hall of Famer anf NFL great from the mid 90's or before? Jerry Rice and Barry Sanders, arguably the greatest all-time at their positions, both did just fine with their big bulky pads and long sleeves flailing in the breeze. So don't tell me that you need to take all the padding out of your pants, tape your jersey to your pads and have no sleeves to be able to play football. There's generations of legends before us that would beg to differ.

And I personally have no problem with the Revolution, but if they are so cool as someone claimed, how come so many players that switched to them have swtiched back (Eli Manning, Mark Brunell off the top of my head)?

AMEN!

I don't buy the "perfromance enhancing" argument. Thousands upon thousands of players didi just fine in jerseys that had sleavs and wern't as tight.

Like someone said, if you play football and you need your jersey skin tight, or a specific type of helmet to feel tough, then get off the field.

So, um, when did this guy talk down to you or anyone on the board? Sounds like a classic case if "I'm right, you're wrong, so don't give us your opinion" that plagues this board. And with that observation, I'll probably be banned.

So chill, home skillet!

Archived