Hockey Template

jeh-see

after three months!!! I am only about an hour or two from completing this revision of my older full hockey uniform template. the version seen in this image is just the "standard" uniform. Also creatable is EVERY jersey cut from the AHL, ECHL, CHL, USHL, OHL, QMJHL, WHL (all versions), IIHL, and maybe a few more (granted I could find an online image) as well as some funky cool ones thrown in just for fun. I was actually going to wait til the new "unused NHL element" Buffalo Sabres unis came out to roll these, but I am in need of them so I cant wait any longer. Also, you can create gloves to match and there is a long pants layer to create some super retro unis (ie: Flyers and Whalers). I do have a swift jersey vector in a seperate file that i will be adding to this to make it more convenient by having all options there at your fingertips. I will be allowing people to test this (its in AI10 format) so I can get feedback, improvement options, omissions that I need to fix, etc. If, those of u that test run this, know of any jersey cuts, regardless of league, team or era, that i dont have please tell me, but include a FRONT view of that jersey or tell me where i can find one. believe me, i have exhausted ALL avenues of finding pics of jerseys and uniforms on my own. well without further ado, here is a gander at JUST the standard cookie cutter uniform that is editable on this template.

thanks and enjoy.

Showoff.jpg

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow! This sounds mighty impressive. I'd be willing to give this baby a test.

By every jersey cut, do you mean striping patterns, collars, etc?

striping patterns, collars, yokes, MANUFACTURER TAGS, I even went so far as to add gradients for you on the Vancouver Alt jersey (both versions, old and current) so that all u had to do is plop in the color u wanted there. I already know one thing i forgot, though, elbow stitching on the back veiw. you name i TRIED to add it and my only reasoning for not adding it, if its not there, is cuz I couldnt find a great picture of it or didnt know it exsisted in the first place.

that being said, shoot me ur email addresses in a PM and ill send u theAI file of this baby.

After toying with this for a bit, I'm completely blown away. If you did miss some jersey styles, there are so many others on here, it's ridiculous. I can't fathom the amount of time you've put in on this. Great, great work.

The only things I've noticed are:

- The front striping called "Flame"...the diagonal stripe Flames style, shows up on the back side jersey. I just moved it over onto the correct side...fits perfectly.

- Layers 363-367(pants)...what exactly are they?

Other than those two small things, I haven't come across anything else.

About a million points to you, sir. I'm completely stunned by this thing. :notworthy:

the "pants" i think you are referring to are the long pants, worn in the late 70's, early 80's by the Flyers and Whalers. in order to get them to fit into the designated work space, i had to "fold" the pants. look at all the layers in view and the shorts layers invisible, it should show up better. if there was one thing about this template i definitely wanted to come out better, it was the long pants. I even thought about not adding them at all, but i wanted EVERY possible uniform possibilty to be available to your creative mind. as far as the Flames stripe, i couldve sworn i fixed that before sending out beta copies, cuz i know exactly the flaw youre speaking of. ill double check it. if THOSE are the only glitches, im well on my way to wrapping this thing up.

thanks for the feedback and the kind words. it was, indeed, a lot of hard work and time, but if it comes out the way I wanted and hoped, it will have been worth it.

~UJ

the "pants" i think you are referring to are the long pants, worn in the late 70's, early 80's by the Flyers and Whalers. in order to get them to fit into the designated work space, i had to "fold" the pants.  look at all the layers in view and the shorts layers invisible, it should show up better.  if there was one thing about this template i definitely wanted to come out better, it was the long pants. I even thought about not adding them at all, but i wanted EVERY possible uniform possibilty to be available to your creative mind.  as far as the Flames stripe, i couldve sworn i fixed that before sending out beta copies, cuz i know exactly the flaw youre speaking of.  ill double check it. if THOSE are the only glitches, im well on my way to wrapping this thing up.

thanks for the feedback and the kind words. it was, indeed, a lot of hard work and time, but if it comes out the way I wanted and hoped, it will have been worth it.

~UJ

Ah, that makes sense then...I was wondering why they showed up behind the standard pants.

I'll take another look today to see if everything else seems to be inline, since I have the rest of the day off. I'll check the Flames striping first because I'm not sure if I remember seeing one in the back section. I could be wrong though.

Edit: I checked through...the back part is fine.

the "pants" i think you are referring to are the long pants, worn in the late 70's, early 80's by the Flyers and Whalers. in order to get them to fit into the designated work space, i had to "fold" the pants.  look at all the layers in view and the shorts layers invisible, it should show up better.  if there was one thing about this template i definitely wanted to come out better, it was the long pants. I even thought about not adding them at all, but i wanted EVERY possible uniform possibilty to be available to your creative mind.  as far as the Flames stripe, i couldve sworn i fixed that before sending out beta copies, cuz i know exactly the flaw youre speaking of.  ill double check it. if THOSE are the only glitches, im well on my way to wrapping this thing up.

~UJ

Ah, that makes sense then...I was wondering why they showed up behind the standard pants.

I'll take another look today to see if everything else seems to be inline, since I have the rest of the day off. I'll check the Flames striping first because I'm not sure if I remember seeing one in the back section. I could be wrong though.

Edit: I checked through...the back part is fine.

k, good, i was really scratchin' my head about the Flames stripes, lol. well, i lost power last night almost right after my last post in this thread, so im still putting my final touches on the template, as well as sending it to people that have sent over their emails. Hopefully, in the next week or so i will have the FULL, standard and hard copy of Hockey Template v2 up and available.

thanks for the feedback, and seriously, i need more so keep it coming

~UJ (Jesse)

I was actually going to wait til the new "unused NHL element" Buffalo Sabres unis came out to roll these, but I am in need of them so I cant wait any longer.

What is the "unused NHL element"?

no one knows yet. but thats how Sabres brass described the new jerseys they will be rolling out this month at some point. FYI, i WILL be adding whatever elements they are talking about to this template asap, so stay posted.

Alright guys. I am ready to roll these. There is really nothing else I can do to these, barring suggestions/additions/ommissions you guys have for me, until next Saturday when Buffalo rolls their new uniforms.

These are just some of the features:

-All commonly used collar styles

-Gloves (with all options of editing available)

-Helmet (layers are hidable in case you are doing a retro uni and dont want helmets worn)

-Socks

-Standard hockey shorts

-Long pants (though, admittedly, this is the weakest feature of the template due to lack of space. Suggestions welcome)

-Front and rear jersey views

-Hidable "markers" to help you pinpoint where to put crests, sleeve numbers, back numbers and shoulder patches

-A blank color pallete, with both primary and secondary color strips, so that you can show color-by-color, your teams scheme

-All jersey cuts and striping patterns from the following leagues:

---NHL

---AHL

---ECHL (both versions)

---UHL

---OHL

---CHL

---QMJHL

---Elite League UK

---SPHL

---WHA (All versions)

---WHL

---as well as a few jersey styles i thought were cool in my searches

-Meshing and all known mesh cuts

-Practice jersey cut (yes, u can even do practice jerseys for your team)

Please, if you are interested in obtaining this template, PM me with ur email address. If ANY of you see something I have left out or need to fix, i need to know, i want this to be usuable for EVERYONE, with as little grief involved as possible.

thanks, and i hope you enjoy.

one request on my part...those of you that already have copies of the beta, can u whip up something quick and easy and different to throw in this post, just to show off some of the features of the template, id appreciate it. nothing fancy, i dont even care if you put logos on the shirts or not.

~UJ

Archived