Week 1 Observations

DGivens87

Though my team lost - Go Cowboys!!! 10-6 this season.

JuliusJonesDallasCowboys.jpg

Wait, so the silver of the "road" pants doesn't match the helmet, either? WTF?!

How many shades of silver do the Cowboys use?

Yep, the Cowboys use 3 different silvery colors:

1. Helmet - "Metallic Silver Blue" - closest to the original color from the 1960s

2. Regular White Jersey Pants - "Metallic Silver Green" - an odd textile color they've been using since the mid-1990s

3. Regular Navy Jersey Pants - "Metallic Silver" - used since their 1981 dark royal-to-navy makeover.

PANTONE has pointed out that technically this means the Cowboys have 6 different silvery colors - the actual helmet and textile colors and the printed versions of each.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know what I don't like about the bucs in all white? I don't like how their helmet is pewter, but there is no pewter in the rest of the uniforms. It looks off.

Do Carolina's white uniforms bother you, too? There's no silver in those uniforms, but their helmets are silver.

Also, the Chiefs have black in their helmets (and no yellow), but their uniforms do not, yet you like those.

201160034_f4c2ccdd98_o.png228795922_2c1d682c64_o.png

Wow, yet another chance for me to rant about the Saints' mismatched gold and the fact that with the millions of dollars a pro team has to spend on such things that they can't find suppliers who can get it right. And how they should go back to this shade of gold and the gold numbers on white for the road uni. Ignore the helmet as it was an early prototype.

0814_large.jpg

Thanks, I feel better. :P

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

that look the Cowboys had Sunday is PRICELESS...irregardless of the flat silver in the pants...I just wish to GOD they would get a white set to match that!!!

On another note, I'm unable to locate a photo, but Maurice Williams of the Jaguars, an OL #74, is the latest I've seen to have his whole name on his jersey. Rather long, by the way. Maybe someone should start a thread on players who have their whole names on their jerseys...is Andra Davis still with the Browns? He and Keith/Kevin Mitchell are/were the only other examples I can think of right now...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Why can't the Cowboys put silver in their numbers? Either the number or the outline in silver would really make this jersey better.

Actually they did have silver numbers from 1981 until they changed to this jersey in 1996 (I think - could have been 1995). Those jerseys had 2 silver stripes with white borders (like their regular white jersey has two blue stripes). In 1981 the numbers had a thick white border; after that they had the double border of blue and white (much like the numbers on the current jersey).

I don't know why they changed it, unless it was to make the regular navy jersey look more like the "modern double star" jerseys they had as alternates at the time.

that look the Cowboys had Sunday is PRICELESS...irregardless of the flat silver in the pants...I just wish to GOD they would get a white set to match that!!!

On another note, I'm unable to locate a photo, but Maurice Williams of the Jaguars, an OL #74, is the latest I've seen to have his whole name on his jersey. Rather long, by the way. Maybe someone should start a thread on players who have their whole names on their jerseys...is Andra Davis still with the Browns? He and Keith/Kevin Mitchell are/were the only other examples I can think of right now...

No Andre Davis is with the Bills, I think he just has "Davis" on his back not his whole name, because the Bills have no other Davis.

saBS.png

The Texans looked great in all white, and the Bucs and Panthers looked good as well (for the Bucs, this is the only combo they wear that I like at all).

The Chiefs need the red pants, but really should have worn their normal red jersey/white pants home combo.

The Jags look is just...off. The white jersey now has basically black and gold, as does the helmet, so the teal in the pant striping doesn't work. Plus the stripes don't match the jersey in any way.

The Bills, as usual, looked absolutely awful. I agree with whomever mentioned it above - there is WAY too much blue in their roads when they wear those blue pants. Plus their uniforms suck beyond belief in pretty much any combo.

The Cowboys blue look is weak. Not a single thing I like about those jerseys at all.

The Saints mismatched gold is really starting to bother me. If they could get them matched up, these would be some of the very best uniforms in the league.

Detroit is a joke in pretty much every way.

On another note, I'm unable to locate a photo, but Maurice Williams of the Jaguars, an OL #74, is the latest I've seen to have his whole name on his jersey.  Rather long, by the way.  Maybe someone should start a thread on players who have their whole names on their jerseys...is Andra Davis still with the Browns?  He and Keith/Kevin Mitchell are/were the only other examples I can think of right now...

No Andre Davis is with the Bills, I think he just has "Davis" on his back not his whole name, because the Bills have no other Davis.

THIS is the Andra Davis I was referring to...and THIS is his jersey.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

On another note, I'm unable to locate a photo, but Maurice Williams of the Jaguars, an OL #74, is the latest I've seen to have his whole name on his jersey.  Rather long, by the way.  Maybe someone should start a thread on players who have their whole names on their jerseys...is Andra Davis still with the Browns?  He and Keith/Kevin Mitchell are/were the only other examples I can think of right now...

Well this is the Andre Davis I was referring to he played with the Browns a few years ago so that is who I thought you were referring to him. So they both probably had their full names on their back :"Andre Davis"& "Andra Davis" because of each other.

EDIT: Here is the Jersey

FF_63943_s.jpg

saBS.png

Well this is the Andre Davis I was referring to he played with the Browns a few years ago so that is who I thought you were referring to him. So they both probably had their full names on their back :"Andre Davis"& "Andra Davis" because of each other.

EDIT: Here is the Jersey

FF_63943_s.jpg

Now THAT I forgot about. Not only did they noth have their whole names...they both got the SAME NAME! (except for the "A" and the "E").

I actually just started a thread on this, too...

anyone see the browns endzone paint?? Pretty sweet imo.... Pretty retro---80's ish...like they had at cleveland stadium.. Ill try and find pics...

Here is an OK pic.......

MunicipalCle.jpg

ghd.png

(The other endzone said cleveland, i looked great)

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

anyone see the browns endzone paint?? Pretty sweet imo.... Pretty retro---80's ish...like they had at cleveland stadium.. Ill try and find pics...

Here is an OK pic.......

MunicipalCle.jpg

Here is one from yesterday.

capt.6d703a3a92c84033ba9c53a5b72f9a9e.saints_browns_football_ohmd105.jpg

saBS.png

Here is an OK pic.......

MunicipalCle.jpg

OMG thanks a lot, thats a great pic....Where'd u find it??

I checked clevelandbrowns.com and getty images....

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Here is an OK pic.......

MunicipalCle.jpg

OMG thanks a lot, thats a great pic....Where'd u find it??

I checked clevelandbrowns.com and getty images....

Browns page on yahoosports.com under "photos"

saBS.png

Archived