Week 1 Observations

DGivens87

I figured a consolidated thread would be ok - although if I'm incorrect, by all means, feel free to do as you please with this thread mods.

1. I like the Jets, Chiefs and Texans in all-white. Classy looks. Bucs all white...egh, it's ok. Not my favorite.

2. Looks like Eric Mangini (Jets HC) went with a tribute to his mentor (Bill Belichick) by wearing a grey polo (as are other assitants) as Belichick is quite fond of the grayish/bland apparel. BTW, snce when is gray a Jets color???

3. Browns need to get some striped socks if they wanna complete the throwback look.

Feel free to add more tidbits...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what I don't like about the bucs in all white? I don't like how their helmet is pewter, but there is no pewter in the rest of the uniforms. It looks off.

The Chiefs looked sweet in their all white.

The Jaguars don't look sweet in all white because the striping scheme of their pants doesn't match the striping scheme of their numbers. If the numbers were teal outlined in gold outlined in black as the used the be, then the Jags would look much better.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Jaguars don't look sweet in all white because the striping scheme of their pants doesn't match the striping scheme of their numbers. If the numbers were teal outlined in gold outlined in black as the used the be, then the Jags would look much better.

But it still fits.

The stripes on the pants are mostly black with a thin gold stripe and a little teal.

The numbers on the jersey are mostly black with a thin gold strip and a little teal.

Nice.

201160034_f4c2ccdd98_o.png228795922_2c1d682c64_o.png

Maybe I just didn't notice this last season, but the Bills wore blue pants with their white jerseys for the first time since (I think) 2002. They usually go all white. Maybe that was a Mike Mularkey thing.

2e75cbf5-55cb-4ce1-a529-cbd704b42ade.jpg

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

Maybe I just didn't notice this last season, but the Bills wore blue pants with their white jerseys for the first time since (I think) 2002. They usually go all white. Maybe that was a Mike Mularkey thing.

I was going to make mention of this too. Wearing their uniforms as intended (who'd have thunk?) makes the team look good. If not good, at least decent. And they played three good quarters too.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2. Looks like Eric Mangini (Jets HC) went with a tribute to his mentor (Bill Belichick) by wearing a grey polo (as are other assitants) as Belichick is quite fond of the grayish/bland apparel. BTW, snce when is gray a Jets color???
They've been making Jets polos in Black and Grey for years...I know Herm liked the black polo shirts while he was here...I actually have one in grey from a couple of years ago. I wouldn't read too much into that...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

But it still fits.

The stripes on the pants are mostly black with a thin gold stripe and a little teal.

The numbers on the jersey are mostly black with a thin gold strip and a little teal.

Nice.

well just based on design principle it bothers me. And no, the saints golds still don't match wich bothers me as well.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Maybe I just didn't notice this last season, but the Bills wore blue pants with their white jerseys for the first time since (I think) 2002.  They usually go all white.  Maybe that was a Mike Mularkey thing.

I was going to make mention of this too. Wearing their uniforms as intended (who'd have thunk?) makes the team look good. If not good, at least decent. And they played three good quarters too.

I think Buffalo's all-white look is better, there's way too much blue in that uniform and when they play teams like New England it's hard to tell players apart. And I can't STAND how that huge white Reebok logo looks when it's put up in the blue shoulder yoke.

The Chiefs looked awful; their road unis with the red pants are one of the best in the League. And what's up with wearing white at home? Have they ever done that before? And how hot could it have been, it was rainy.....

It seems like all white is the new 'in' thing, which sucks because it doesn't work like it does in baseball or basketball. The best road unis have white jerseys with matching helmet and pants. I'm just glad my boys wore the right uni today, and proceeded to mawl the Packers :D

The Chiefs should never were white @ home, and they look much better with red pants.

The Texans looked good in all-white.

I forgot how much I liked the Bills blue pants w/ their white jerseys, ig they could only get rid of those bibs.

I really noticed the Saints gold not matching today. They definitely need to get that fixed.

If the Lions had black anywhere else on their jersey, they might be able to pull that off, but not now.

The Buccs all-white looks good for their home games. I like them much better than with the pewter pants.

I was surprised the Dolphins wire white pants. Did they get rid of the teal?

That's all. Broncos offense sucked today, but what are you going to do...

45_DenverBroncos.jpg.jpg

Please bring me some defense this offseason!!!

Though my team lost - Go Cowboys!!! 10-6 this season.

JuliusJonesDallasCowboys.jpg

I wonder what that uniform would look like with the "home" blue-silver pants? At least that way the pants and helmet would match. Well...closer anyway.

And as has been said in here by others I really wish their white jersey looked like this one.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Yes, the Saints' golds don't match, nor do all of the Cowboys' silvers match, and that's nothing new. If you're interested, do a search on this site. I'll bet you'll find at least one thread that breaks down the different colors on that for both teams.

Gradkowski gets No. 2 spot for now

By STEPHEN F. HOLDER and DAVE SCHEIBER

Published September 11, 2006

MISC.: The Bucs wore their all-white uniforms for the seventh time. They're 4-3 in all-white jerseys since unveiling them in 1997, including 2-0 last season.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Archived