The worst hockey logos of all-time?

FloPoErich

Nobody has yet mentioned the Fernie Ghostriders logo. That's one of the worst logos I've ever seen.

Now, a couple things on his list:

The Maineiacs logo is good. It made me laugh.

The Rockies is a classic. The guy who wrote this apparently had no idea it was modeled after the Colorado state flag.

The Seals is also a classic.

As for the Blades ... I thought that was the blade of a snowplow. It sure doesn't look like a farmer's combine to me.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think minor league logo's should be compared to anything in the NHL. The new Sabres logo brought the comparisons out but it's not minor league looking, it's just ugly.

Where is the new Ducks logo on this list? It's not even a logo and it's illegible when shrunk down - something that happens whenever a ticker is shown on the news broadcast . Just from that standpoint it has to be considered the worst NHL logo of all time.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Where is the new Ducks logo on this list? It's not even a logo

Yes it is. How is it not?

If the Dallas Stars logo is a logo, the Ducks logo is. If the LA Lakers and Clippers logos are logos, then the Ducks logo is a logo. The only difference between it and most other main logos is that the Ducks logo is much more horizontal and all the others. If the Montreal Canadiens MONOGRAM is a logo, then the Ducks logo is.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

It looks like it was done in 5 minutes by a 10-year-old in study hall. :wacko:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I don't think minor league logo's should be compared to anything in the NHL. The new Sabres logo brought the comparisons out but it's not minor league looking, it's just ugly.

Where is the new Ducks logo on this list? It's not even a logo and it's illegible when shrunk down - something that happens whenever a ticker is shown on the news broadcast . Just from that standpoint it has to be considered the worst NHL logo of all time.

How is the ducks logo any different from what the Capitals wore for 20 plus years? At least they made the Ducks logo relate to ducks. The only problem with the ducks uniform is that it looks too much like the Penguins.

• 4 weeks later...

I have to diasagree with many of these logos being bad.

The WHA logos aren't bad. I like the spurs logo a lot and don't mind the raiders logo.

The Rockies logo isn't bad at all and I happen to like it a lot.

The seals and inferno logos aren't so bad

THe Mighty Ducks one is a horrible logo to put on a jersey but it isn't so bad jsut by itself.

Buff-slugs is bad,

buy #1 choice for the past 4 years of worst logo

Toledo Storm - absolute worst. its like a piece of clip art from Microsoft Word.

Toledo 'a five year old with a microsoft paint program' StormSewer.

I've seen better logos on resturant napkins.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived