Kins vs. blues go retro again

DEAD!

Yes, I watched a decent portion of the game (well after my daughter and I watched A Charlie Brown Christmas - and we're Jewish, go figure).  The Kings wore yellow helmets and purple pants back in the day, and the Blues did not wear navy pants or helmets, so this was strictly a throwback sweater affair rather than a total TBTC event.  It was cool to see the old jerseys again, however since the game was in St. Louis, technically the Blues should have been wearing white and the Kings purple to be "historically accurate."  Clearly the intent of this Vintage Hockey promotion is to do something kinda nostalgic and fun and not worry too much about toeing the purely historical line.  Oh yeah, and the refs uniforms predated the genesis of both the Blues and the Kings, so those were anachronistic as well.

Wow, between both teams, that's a lot of yellow on one rink.

Welcome to my adolescent years. That screamin' yellow was quite popular in the late 70's and early 80's and not just in hockey.  The Chargers used it as did the Padres, the Oakland A's, the Golden State Warriors, and of course the Lakers.  I'm sure I'm leaving a few teams out, but that bright yellow was quite prevalent.

I kinda liked seeing two solid coloured jerseys against each other in a game. both teams looked good. (Don't like the purple only Kinds names)

I wouldn't mind seeing a game between two teams wearing their solid colours, providing that the two have significantly different solid jerseys colours, it worked well in this game

It used to be that when the Bruins would wear their alternates at home against the Devils, the Devils would wear their red jerseys.  It looked pretty good, actually.

As for the Blues' stripes being the same as the Rangers, there are similarities, but they're not exact.  Plus, the Blues' stripes are rounded at the shoulders, rather than the flat-shouldered Rangers.  And, the Blueshirts don't have stripes on thier blue jerseys.

As for STL's modifications... eh, not so much.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived