AAA baseball moves

mjrbaseball

Actually it was Norfolk that ended it with the Mets, the Tides were purchased by a new ownership group that has deals owns other minor league teams affliated with the Orioles. The guy is alos a part owner of the new Orioles TV Network too.

New Orleans I dont like it, Mets have to find somewhere better.

The Mets will do what the Brooklyn Dodgers did from 1946-1960..

Have a AAA team in Montreal!!!! :flagcanada:

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually it was Norfolk that ended it with the Mets, the Tides were purchased by a new ownership group that has deals owns other minor league teams affliated with the Orioles. The guy is alos a part owner of the new Orioles TV Network too.

How about:

1. Albany, New York

2. Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

3. Hartford/New Haven, Connecticut

Albany would be cool too

i always thought it would be cool if the cyclones moved up to AA or AAA. They have great fan support and it would be nice to see rehabilitaing players for so cheap.

I would like it if this is what the mets organization looked like.

MLB-Mets

AAA- New Orleans

AA- Brooklyn

High A- Binghamton

A- St.Lucie

Short Season A-Haggerstown

The Mets will do what the Brooklyn Dodgers did from 1946-1960..

Have a AAA team in Montreal!!!! :flagcanada:

Again....

Step 1) Buy AAA franchise from owner willing to unload said team.

Step 2) Get MLB approval for sale/move

Step 3) Get MiLB approval for sale/move

Step 4) Get stadium that can properly support AAA team.

Step 5) (In the case of Montreal) be prepared to hack visa/passport costs.

And I'm sure I'm missing a step or two there.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I would like it if this is what the mets organization looked like.

MLB-Mets

AAA- New Orleans

AA- Brooklyn

High A- Binghamton

A- St.Lucie

Short Season A-Haggerstown

St. Lucie cannot be Low A, the Florida State League is a High A league, here is what you're idea should look like:

MLB - Mets

AAA - New Orleans (PCL)

AA - Brooklyn (Eastern League)

Hi A - St Lucie (Florida State League)

Lo A - Binghamton (South Atlantic League, if Lakewood, NJ is in this league, so can Binghamton)

SSA - Hagerstown

Lo A - Binghamton (South Atlantic League, if Lakewood, NJ is in this league, so can Binghamton)

At some point the Sally League owners will put their foot down (this is theoretically a bus league). Although personally, I would have pegged that point to be "Lake County, Ohio". :wacko:

EDIT-Also, if you're curious, Hagerstown signed an affiliation deal with the Nationals recently.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

They should just create one 6-division AAA League

EAST

Charlotte

Durham

Norfolk

Richmond

Scranton/Wikes-Barre

NORTH

Buffalo

Ottawa (Allentown in 2008)

Pawtucket

Rochester

Syracuse

CENTRAL

Columbus

Indianapolis

Iowa

Omaha

Toledo

PACIFIC

Fresno

Portland

Sacramento

Salt Lake

Tacoma

WEST

Albuquerque

Colorado Springs

Las Vegas

Round Rock

Tucson

SOUTH

Louisville

Memphis

Nashville

New Orleans

Oklahoma

The selling point of keeping AAA baseball at 2 leagues is that it cuts down on travel costs. (Said with a straight face as I contemplate those epic PCL slugging matches between Tacoma and New Orleans).

I think they are happy with the system the way it is.

Today, we are all otaku.

The selling point of keeping AAA baseball at 2 leagues is that it cuts down on travel costs.  (Said with a straight face as I contemplate those epic PCL slugging matches between Tacoma and New Orleans).

How's this? We could have 3 10-team AAA leagues. One on each coast and one in the Midwest so New Orleans isn't in the same league as Tacoma and travel costs are kept under control. We can call the one in the Midwest the "American Association." We could set up some sort of competition among the champions. Maybe we'll call it the "Little World Series" or the "Junior World Series" or something.

Nah!!! What am I thinking? Something like that would never work.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The selling point of keeping AAA baseball at 2 leagues is that it cuts down on travel costs.  (Said with a straight face as I contemplate those epic PCL slugging matches between Tacoma and New Orleans).

How's this? We could have 3 10-team AAA leagues. One on each coast and one in the Midwest so New Orleans isn't in the same league as Tacoma and travel costs are kept under control. We can call the one in the Midwest the "American Association." We could set up some sort of competition among the champions. Maybe we'll call it the "Little World Series" or the "Junior World Series" or something.

Nah!!! What am I thinking? Something like that would never work.

First off you would have to buy the rights to the name "American Association" :P

http://www.americanassociationbaseball.com/

And yes...having the 3 leagues worked in the past. I honestly don't know why they went to two leagues in 1998. (My guess would be to better facilitate franchise moves, but that's a wild, wild guess.)

(Tries to think new alignment out...in fear of going O/T)

PCL

West

Tacoma

Fresno

Sacramento

Portland

Las Vegas

East

Tucson

Albuquerque

Colorado Springs

Salt Lake

Round Rock

Central League (AA is taken)

West

Iowa

Omaha

Oklahoma

New Orleans

Memphis

East

Nashville

Louisville

Columbus

Toledo

Indianapolis

IL

South

Charlotte

Durham

Richmond

Norfolk

Ottawa/Allentown

North

Buffalo

Syracuse

Rochester

Scranton/Wilkes-Barre

Pawtucket

Today, we are all otaku.

What I don't get about the IL now is that there are 3 divisions, one with 6 teams, and the other two nave 4 teams. That may have cost the Bisons a playoff spot this year. Why can't they move two teams out of the IL North and move them to the Central or South? It makes no sense.

saBS.png

What I don't get about the IL now is that there are 3 divisions, one with 6 teams, and the other two nave 4 teams. That may have cost the Bisons a playoff spot this year. Why can't they move two teams out of the IL North and move them to the Central or South? It makes no sense.

Geography

You have the Virginia and Carolina teams in a fairly compact division

You have the Midwest in a pretty compact division.

You have everyone else in a less compact, but logical division.

Makes sense to me. :P

Although to be honest...1) Yes moving Rochester and S/WB out would have enabled Buffalo to make the playoffs, but...

2) Your record puts you at...6th overall in the league (by percentage points).

Today, we are all otaku.

Geography

You have the Virginia and Carolina teams in a fairly compact division

You have the Midwest in a pretty compact division.

You have everyone else in a less compact, but logical division.

Makes sense to me. :P

Although to be honest...1) Yes moving Rochester and S/WB out would have enabled Buffalo to make the playoffs, but...

2) Your record puts you at...6th overall in the league (by percentage points).

They fell apart in the last month of the season after Cleveland called up a ton of players. I know it probably would not have mattered this season but if SWB or someone else was gone we may have had an easier schedule. All they need to do is to move Ottawa/Allentown to the Souh Division once they move next year. And it would be more even.

NORTH

BUF

ROC

SYR

PAW

SWB

SOUTH

CHA

DUR

RIC

NOR

OTT/ALLEN

MIDWEST

TOL

CLB

IND

LOU

saBS.png

At some point the Sally League owners will put their foot down (this is theoretically a bus league). Although personally, I would have pegged that point to be "Lake County, Ohio". :wacko:

EDIT-Also, if you're curious, Hagerstown signed an affiliation deal with the Nationals recently.

who is the new mets low A team?

yeah I like rams80's idea better. 3-10 team leagues or you could still have it as one league with 3-10 team conferences and the teams only playing the other teams within their own conference. Pretty much the same idea.

All they need to do is to move Ottawa/Allentown to the Souh Division once they move next year. And it would be more even.

NORTH

BUF

ROC

SYR

PAW

SWB

SOUTH

CHA

DUR

RIC

NOR

OTT/ALLEN

MIDWEST

TOL

CLB

IND

LOU

There's no way that they're going to split up Scranton/Wilkes-Barre and Allentown. As ridiculous as it may seem, they'll maintain the 6-4-4 divisional alignment.

I wonder if the Yankees will change the name of the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Red Barons to something else since the name originally derives from the Red Sox.

?????

What?

The Barons have been with the Phillies since they moved from Maine in 1989. And the Red Sox have been with Pautucket since 1973. How are the Red Sox and Barons assocated in any way?

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

This is what I know: The team's name is derived from two former minor league baseball teams in the region, the Scranton Red Sox and the Wilkes Barre Barons.

I think the Yanks were lucky in Columbus since the name "Clippers" was a derivitive of "Yankees", I just hope they don't rename the team the SWB Yankees, otherwise we'll have Yankees-Red Sox rivalries in both major leagues and AAA. Something similar to Yankees like Patriots, Bluecoats, or just plain Blues might be cool.

Archived