My NFL "All-Name" Team

BlueSky

My all-time favorite athlete name was a guy who played for the Eagles back in the early 70's whose football card I saved.

Will Wynn.

How perfect is that?

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

My all-time favorite athlete name was a guy who played for the Eagles back in the early 70's whose football card I saved.

Will Wynn.

How perfect is that?

Well, for the Eagles, and the city of Philadelphia, it's not fitting at all :D

How about Oakland's QB Marques Tuiasosopo?

He's on my list as a reserve. I just liked Cleo Lemon's name better.

How about former Cleveland Brown Ben Gay.

Or Patriots CB Randall Gay.

Neither meets the critieria I used, which are completely subjective - tough to pronounce or tough to spell or both, or just cool and/or fun to say.

You find it difficult to spell or pronounce "Cleo Lemon"?

:D

Winston Justice is far and away the best football name I've ever heard

I'll go along with that.

Guess who else had the perfect name? LINCOLN KENNEDY. Only guy I've heard of with a presidential first AND last name.

And skyaa1, no Bucs? Need I remind you of a certain former fan favorite by the name of CHIDI AHANOTU??? :P

And while we're on names, Kevin Kaesviharn is pretty cool, too. And Tamba Hali just sounds perfect for a defensive end. (Sound like something out "The Lion King", too.) And staying with the Chiefs, how about the Nigerian Nightmare, Christian Okoye? (the repeating "k" sound effect...) And what is it about Natrone Means that has a certain "ring" to it???

And, of course, for sheer simplicity...the shortest NFL names: Ty Law and Dre' Bly.

But yeah--I think one of my favorites of all time had to be Chris Fuamatu-Ma'Afala. That and former Seahawk Itula Mili.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

How about Oakland's QB Marques Tuiasosopo?

He's on my list as a reserve. I just liked Cleo Lemon's name better.

How about former Cleveland Brown Ben Gay.

Or Patriots CB Randall Gay.

Neither meets the critieria I used, which are completely subjective - tough to pronounce or tough to spell or both, or just cool and/or fun to say.

You find it difficult to spell or pronounce "Cleo Lemon"?

:D

Nope, he falls under the "just cool or fun to say" category. <_<

Winston Justice is far and away the best football name I've ever heard

I'll go along with that.

Guess who else had the perfect name? LINCOLN KENNEDY. Only guy I've heard of with a presidential first AND last name.

And skyaa1, no Bucs? Need I remind you of a certain former fan favorite by the name of CHIDI AHANOTU??? :P

And while we're on names, Kevin Kaesviharn is pretty cool, too. And Tamba Hali just sounds perfect for a defensive end. (Sound like something out "The Lion King", too.) And staying with the Chiefs, how about the Nigerian Nightmare, Christian Okoye? (the repeating "k" sound effect...) And what is it about Natrone Means that has a certain "ring" to it???

And, of course, for sheer simplicity...the shortest NFL names: Ty Law and Dre' Bly.

But yeah--I think one of my favorites of all time had to be Chris Fuamatu-Ma'Afala. That and former Seahawk Itula Mili.

Chidi's not on their current roster so you're out of luck there. But just for you, I went back to the Bucs' roster again, and "after further review" hereby add Bucs LS Andrew Economos to the squad. LB Shelton Quarles has a pretty cool name too. What the hey, we'll add him too.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Where in God's name is Plaxico Burress? He sounds like he was named after a chemical company. That name is great! And Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila? This is a traveshamockery!

I do miss Tebucky Jones, though....

Yeah, I whiffed on Plaxico, he should've been on the team. Gbaja-Biamila is an NFC starter.

Will Wynn is a great name for a politician too I guess... :D

I don't see any Niners!

I'd like to nominate WR Arnaz Battle, LB Bobby Iwuchukwu and LB Jeff Ulbrich. (Ulbrich is right up there with Butkus, Urlacher, and Nitschke as awesome linebacker names.)

And historically, Niners-wise, I'll go with S Wasswa Serwanga, DE John Engelberger, P Ralf Mosjiejenko, and of course, WR Iheanyi Uwaezuoke.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I don't see any Niners!

I'd like to nominate WR Arnaz Battle, LB Bobby Iwuchukwu and LB Jeff Ulbrich. (Ulbrich is right up there with Butkus, Urlacher, and Nitschke as awesome linebacker names.)

And historically, Niners-wise, I'll go with S Wasswa Serwanga, DE John Engelberger, P Ralf Mosjiejenko, and of course, WR Iheanyi Uwaezuoke.

DOH! Someone I completely missed the 49ers. Good grief. Those 3 are great additions, thanks.

Archived