what took them so long?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

When the Reds moved to their new great American ballpark, I was certain they were going to change their uniforms big time like most teams did(padres, astros, giants, pirates, indians, and brewers[a year before moving into miller park]. Ican't believe it has taken the big red machine four more years for a makeover, depending who's decision it was. I wonder what the phillies, Cardinals, and Tigers are going to do within the next three years,since they have not changed, nor added an alternate jersey since moving to their new stadiums. The Reds had me fooled that they had established an identity like the Braves, Athletics, Dodgers, and Yankees, who will never change any of their unis in my lifetime.

The Cardinals and Tigers have the most traditional looks in baseball.

Detroit hasn't changed thier home unis in probably close to 100 years.

As for the Cardinals, they (like the Red Sox) fell victim to the 70's pullover revolution, but in 1992 saw the error of their ways. I don't think they will every be dumb enough to change anything. One year (I believe it was 1959) they took the birds on the bat off the front of their jerseys and the fans nearly rioted. Those unis only lasted one year.

Oakland isn't a lock to not change unis. They were the leaders of the 1972 doubleknit revolution with their mix and match yellow green and white unis. They had some version of that look all the way until 1987.

More recently they experimented with black jerseys. The A's have always been into whatever the current uniform trend was.

The Brewers did their change to reflect the MILLER influence on the team getting the new stadium. With the wheat grains and similar underscores. Miller Park was supposed to be completed by the time they changed uni's but as you all know when a change happens in takes it's course. Miller Park was delayed a year due to a horrific and tragic accident involving Ironworkers.

The uniforms were in place, but not the stadium...

:cry: For the workers and their families!!!

packchampionslfroh.png

The Cardinals and Tigers have the most traditional looks in baseball.

Detroit hasn't changed thier home unis in probably close to 100 years.

As for the Cardinals, they (like the Red Sox) fell victim to the 70's pullover revolution, but in 1992 saw the error of their ways. I don't think they will every be dumb enough to change anything. One year (I believe it was 1959) they took the birds on the bat off the front of their jerseys and the fans nearly rioted. Those unis only lasted one year.

I believe both the Cardinals and Tigers would benefit from having an alternate jersey. I would also add piping to the Cardinals uniforms.

Archived