Colorado Rapids 2007 Kits?

Brian in Boston

So if the grey is sky blue, does that mean the 'blue' in the shield that shows up as teal on every monitor I use, green?

I like the change. The mountains don't really go with 'rapids' IMNSFHO, but hey, I don't own the damn things. No point getting up in arms over a sports team's uniforms or anything, right? :D

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I think they look damn good. I think I remember hearing about a new soccer stadium in the Denver area and a name change to the Colorado Arsenal, anyone know anything?

Colorado Arsenal was considered, but they eventually decided to stay with Rapids.

ugggh, adidas' template for next year - IF that is it - is even worse than this year. boo.

Agreed. The bibs are getting out of hand.

and honestly, if they're going to go claret-and-blue, why not go all the way and do it like Villa and West Ham:

200609301040384041143-pf.widec.jpg

Nope, that would make too much sense. Great colors, lots of impact, completely unused in American sport.

ugggh, adidas' template for next year - IF that is it - is even worse than this year. boo.

Agreed. The bibs are getting out of hand.

and honestly, if they're going to go claret-and-blue, why not go all the way and do it like Villa and West Ham:

200609301040384041143-pf.widec.jpg

Nope, that would make too much sense. Great colors, lots of impact, completely unused in American sport.

I agree with you both - the new adidas template is going to suck - the new logo is somewhat of an improvement and the colors could be done so much better.

OD_Signature.jpg

The Logan's Revenge blog is reporting that these will be the kits that Major League Soccer's Colorado Rapids will sport in 2007.

Rapids.jpg

Road kit is on the left... home kit is on the right. The color that reads as Grey is reportedly Sky Blue.

Remember that the team scripts on the jerseys may be replaced with corporate sponsors. I dont know if that deal comes into effect next season or not.

Anyways, I really like these, it definitely fits Colorado.

I wouldn't stress too much about the template... the shirt would still have a solid colour appearance. Those stupid bibs are usually barely visible on the actual kits, unless you surround them with piping. (Unless its that new Reebok template!)

The adidas logo placement is interesting though. They went with an assymetrical central placement this year (club badge on left, adidas in centre, nothing on right) for most teams.

liverpool-1.png

Archived