Only the Arizona Cardinals

NJTank

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There was also a big taunting penalty after a Cards return on a punt. That was a ridiculous call. If a player doesn't throw the ball at someone, get right in another players face, or do something clearly ridiculous (think Moss's mooning), then taunting should not be called.

Didn't Arrington jump right up, spike the ball, then start jawwing with a Bears player?

He spiked the ball, but that's a very common celebration (albeit more often for a TD). He did not spike it at or towards and Bears player.

He did turn around and more than likely talk some crap to a Bears player, but he made no contact and did not approach any Bears player, and I imagine it was a Bears player that said something to him that caused him to turn around.

None of that should qualify as taunting.

Taunting and excessive celebration calls are getting ridiculous.

There was also a big taunting penalty after a Cards return on a punt. That was a ridiculous call. If a player doesn't throw the ball at someone, get right in another players face, or do something clearly ridiculous (think Moss's mooning), then taunting should not be called.

Didn't Arrington jump right up, spike the ball, then start jawwing with a Bears player?

He spiked the ball, but that's a very common celebration (albeit more often for a TD). He did not spike it at or towards and Bears player.

He did turn around and more than likely talk some crap to a Bears player, but he made no contact and did not approach any Bears player, and I imagine it was a Bears player that said something to him that caused him to turn around.

None of that should qualify as taunting.

Taunting and excessive celebration calls are getting ridiculous.

He should get penalized, just on the basis that he spiked a ball after he returned a punt to his own 25-30 yard line. That's just foolishness.

Didn't matter any. Just means that the guy who ran back the fumble had to run 15 less yards. I don't recall any Cardinals being close to making a tackle. Moot point.

I actually couldn't remember what he was returning (punt or interception) or what the result ended up being for the Cardinals. Fumble or not though, those 15 yards made a difference in the momentum and the way the Cardinals approached the drive.

Probably not much of a difference though, I'll give you that.

1980: Portland State quarterback Neil Lomax throws for seven first-quarter touchdowns in a 105-0 win over Delaware State.

That was at Civic Stadium (or chump-sponsored PGE Park now) in Portland, OR. Maybe Lomax should have save some of those points while playing for St. Louis and Phoenix.

1980: Portland State quarterback Neil Lomax throws for seven first-quarter touchdowns in a 105-0 win over Delaware State.

That was at Civic Stadium (or chump-sponsored PGE Park now) in Portland, OR. Maybe Lomax should have save some of those points while playing for St. Louis and Phoenix.

damn was delaware state that bad of a team that year? :therock:

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived