Only the Arizona Cardinals

NJTank

Two weeks in a row blowing 14-point 4th Quarter Leads. They were dominating the Bears, and boom they fell apart like a house of Cards. Its incredible this is how a team loses year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year.

Its amazing you actually have to admire futility like that.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bad weather down here caused my satellite to lose signal as Rackers was lining up... :(

At least Deadspin was there to save the day!

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I can't believe that just happened.

As much as the Cardinals lost this game, the Bears D and Special Teams won it. They never gave up as putrid their offensive was, and came through with one of those "magical" wins as the announcers kept saying.

It really has a special feeling as a pivital point in what could be a very special season. Even the best teams have their bad games. This is a game you'll remember whatever side of the ball you were on.

BTW...I was wrong wrong wrong about Matt Linert. I still don't like him (that's more the pretty boy and USC thing), but he's an oustanding quarterback and will be for years to come. Cardinal fans, you have your savior.

Cardinal fans, you have your savior.

I remember them saying that about a guy in 1982 I think... Neil... Lomax. Anyone remember him?

The Cards are the Cards. As long as a Bidwill is atop the franchise, they're gonna suck.

Well...it took Jesus a couple hundred years to really make a mark...

:D

It's disguisting here in Champaign (and I don't mean the weather which is also disguisting).

First, let's preface with this. The Illini have lost their last two games on last second field goals. My Rams lost yesterday to the Seahawks on a last second field goal.

Now, I'm surrounded by loud Bears fans.

So, Arizona outplays the Bears, and then in the fourth quarter a series of bad luck and usual Cardinal choking gives the game back to the Bears. But still, the Cards have a fairly easy 40 yard FG (especially for Rackers) to win it at the last second (minute really this time).

BUT HE MISSES. And it gets freaking loud here and people act as if the Bears actually deserve to be 6-0.

Where's the justice? Why'd the Bears get lucky?

Eww.

December 11th. MNF. Bears @ Rams. The Rams will finally be playing an entire 60 minutes of great football under Linehan, and they'll take it to the Bears. I can't wait.

December 11th. MNF. Bears @ Rams. The Rams will finally be playing an entire 60 minutes of great football under Linehan, and they'll take it to the Bears. I can't wait.

that's a nice dream to have...it aint gonna come true, but sleep tight now ;)

BEAR DOWN!

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I do want to mention that in no way do I think the bears deserve to be 6-0. Dispite the fact the defense did so well, they still allowed the Cardinals (THE CARDINALS!) to move the ball at will. Rackers missed a kick, Rex threw 4 INTs.

They definatly deserve to be 5-1 however. This will help them more than a 47-0 win would have.

But every team escapes games they should lose. Bad teams never win these games. Good teams find a way to win.

and STL...tomorrow the Cards face Glavine.

Right, well, I didn't mean I wanted to skip over the rest of baseball season.

I doubt Glavine gets the Cards to hit into the same luck as he did in game one. That said, without that luck the Cards wouldn't have scored too many on him, so Weaver needs to be sharp again regardless.

So, Arizona outplays the Bears, and then in the fourth quarter a series of bad luck and usual Cardinal choking gives the game back to the Bears. But still, the Cards have a fairly easy 40 yard FG (especially for Rackers) to win it at the last second (minute really this time).

Where's the justice? Why'd the Bears get lucky?

Um, what game where you watching? I'll admit that the Bears got lucky that Rackers missed the field goal, but that's all the luck they got. The rest was the Bears making plays. It's not like Leinert dropped the ball. It's not like Edge dropped the ball. The Bears sacked Leinert, and forced a fumble, then stripped Edge (who never fumbles), then returned a punt for a TD. That's not luck, that's called making plays.

I will, however agree with the Arizona choking comment - but then again, they've been doing that for most of their Chicago/St. Louis/Arizona history, so what's new?

Moose

I don't mean to take away all credit from the Bears..I really don't...it goes both ways...some earned, some luck...

But like on Edge's fumble, while the Bears did strip it...they stopped his forward progress obviously first...bad non-whistle there.

There was also a big taunting penalty after a Cards return on a punt. That was a ridiculous call. If a player doesn't throw the ball at someone, get right in another players face, or do something clearly ridiculous (think Moss's mooning), then taunting should not be called.

The punt return...I can't take all credit away from the Bears, but trust me, I've watched enough bad special teams in St. Louis the last few years...that had a lot more to do with horrendous punt coverage than it did a good return team by the Bears.

And the missed 40 yarder by a great kicker just capped it off.

Bears kept fighting, but they got pretty lucky.

I was there tonight. Lemme tell you, as a Bears fan, I witnessed a brutal game. The Cards played their best for three quarters tonight. Like typical Cardinals, they melted down in the 4th quarter. And the Bears, like a team on the way to a Super Bowl title, found a way to win a game that they ought to have lost. Finding ways to win games you should lose is the mark of a championship team.

DA BEARS!

Archived