Only the Arizona Cardinals

NJTank

And the Bears, like a team on the way to a Super Bowl title, found a way to win a game that they ought to have lost. Finding ways to win games you should lose is the mark of a championship team.

DA BEARS!

Like the 2005 Colts?

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the Bears, like a team on the way to a Super Bowl title, found a way to win a game that they ought to have lost. Finding ways to win games you should lose is the mark of a championship team.

DA BEARS!

Like the 2005 Colts?

And the 2006 Colts... neither of which will be a Super Bowl champion. Muhahahahahahahaha.

Did you hear the commentary on ESPN just before half-time? Charles Barkley was in the booth with the usual crew. The Cardinals did not go for a touchdown late in the game and they kicked a field goal instead. They lit into the Cardinals saying that they were on a roll and playing at home and they should have gone for another TD instead of playing it safe. Barkely even went onto say "20 points will not be enough to win this game.", meaning the Bears were sure to score at least 21 in the second half, despite currently being shut out in the first. Sure enough, the Bears manage to put up 24, while the Cards only added 3 more, losing since they didn't even try for the additional 4 in the first half, just as Charles said.

Genius.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

The colts never had a defense like this Bears team does.

And the Bears never had an offence like the Colts.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Dennis Green needs to be fired for two reasons:

1. He's six games into ruining what should have been a turning point season for Big Red.

2. That press conference. A team like Big Red needs someone who is calm and collected. He's not.

Kirk Ferentz? Ron Rivera?

Nobody has an offense like the colts do. But if the Ravens can win a title with Trent Dilfer, the Bears can do it with Grossman.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Nobody has an offense like the colts do. But if the Ravens can win a title with Trent Dilfer, the Bears can do it with Grossman.

So who's your Jamal Lewis with his 1364 yards?

Too bad the Bears don't have the best defense in the league.

I'd disagree with that, but it's closer than most people will suggest. The difference is that the Bears defense is completely dominant. The Broncos may give up less points, or have to this point, but they're more bend but not break.

They still haven't really given up a TD that's mattered too much, though -- the one they did was when the Broncos were playing to not get beat deep, rather than their usual defense.

Broncos have the best CB's and LB's in the League, though. That Bears D-Line is ridiculous, though. The Broncos struggle to get a pass rush.

IUe6Hvh.png

Broncos have the best CB's and LB's in the League, though. That Bears D-Line is ridiculous, though. The Broncos struggle to get a pass rush.

They still had problems getting pressure on Leinart, especially in the first half. Granted, they pretty well eliminated James as a rushing threat, but Leinart had too much time for a lot of the game.

I'd disagree with that, but it's closer than most people will suggest. The difference is that the Bears defense is completely dominant. The Broncos may give up less points, or have to this point, but they're more bend but not break.

They still haven't really given up a TD that's mattered too much, though -- the one they did was when the Broncos were playing to not get beat deep, rather than their usual defense.

Actually, it appears as though Dumervil and Chukwurah might remedy that this season. Between the two of them they have 5.5 sacks, and Dumervil has only played in two games, and only got significant time against the Raiders. Denver has 10 sacks this season, which is 2 a game, which actually isn't too bad, so far better than last season.

Actually, it appears as though Dumervil and Chukwurah might remedy that this season. Between the two of them they have 5.5 sacks, and Dumervil has only played in two games, and only got significant time against the Raiders. Denver has 10 sacks this season, which is 2 a game, which actually isn't too bad, so far better than last season.

I don't know. I was working during the Raiders game, but we were dead, so I got to watch a good chunk of the game and I wasn't at all impressed with our pass rush. It seemed like we either got to Walter ridiculously quick or didn't get near him. And the latter was the case a great deal more than the former. The fact that we only gave up 3 points aside, I'd have liked to have seen us blitz the hell out of Walter.

And I was at the Ravens game and McNair had a ton of time too -- but there was absolutely nobody for McNair to throw the ball too. Still wasn't impressed with the pass rush.

That said, the fact that this defense can be as good as they have without that kind of pass rush speaks volumes as to how good the Line Backers and secondary are.

IUe6Hvh.png

I don't know. I was working during the Raiders game, but we were dead, so I got to watch a good chunk of the game and I wasn't at all impressed with our pass rush. It seemed like we either got to Walter ridiculously quick or didn't get near him. And the latter was the case a great deal more than the former. The fact that we only gave up 3 points aside, I'd have liked to have seen us blitz the hell out of Walter.

And I was at the Ravens game and McNair had a ton of time too -- but there was absolutely nobody for McNair to throw the ball too. Still wasn't impressed with the pass rush.

That said, the fact that this defense can be as good as they have without that kind of pass rush speaks volumes as to how good the Line Backers and secondary are.

Maybe, but a good offense is a damn good defense too. Just ask Donavan McNabb, who watched the final 8:26 of the Eagles' loss to the Saints from the bench as the Saints used 16 plays to move into position for the game-winning FG. The best offense ever can't hurt you from the sideline.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Maybe, but a good offense is a damn good defense too. Just ask Donavan McNabb, who watched the final 8:26 of the Eagles' loss to the Saints from the bench as the Saints used 16 plays to move into position for the game-winning FG. The best offense ever can't hurt you from the sideline.

Yep. Travis Henry was voted defensive MVP for the Titans last week because his 32 rushes kept the D off the field.

Archived