Only the Arizona Cardinals

NJTank

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Cardinals didn't deserve to win this game.

Why?

Because they lost.

The Bears D & special teams outplayed the Cardinals and their conservative 2nd half offense. Rackers could've won it if he had hit all of his fg opportunities, unfortunately he missed. So don't be mad at the Bears, don't be mad at their fans. A win is a win is a win.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

5 good games. 1 bad one. Obviously the bad one wasn't the anomaly, the 5 good ones were...

We'll see in 2 weeks how they respond. They'll have the 49ers and then Miami at home which should help get grossman back on track before 2 at new york and on to new england. He had a bad game, a very bad one. But it was him throwing bad balls and trying to score all 20 points back on one throw. I didn't like how he responded to being down like that, but he's shown the ability to learn from his mistakes and hopefully he'll learn from this week's and let the offense come to him instead of forcing balls downfield.

I'm only a casual NFL watcher but it seemed to me that the Cardinals O-line just mentally switched off. There was no blocking for either of those fumbles. Full credit to the Bears defence, and no-one doubts their class, but the Cards made it too easy for them.

liverpool-1.png

5 good games. 1 bad one. Obviously the bad one wasn't the anomaly, the 5 good ones were...

We'll see in 2 weeks how they respond. They'll have the 49ers and then Miami at home which should help get grossman back on track before 2 at new york and on to new england. He had a bad game, a very bad one. But it was him throwing bad balls and trying to score all 20 points back on one throw. I didn't like how he responded to being down like that, but he's shown the ability to learn from his mistakes and hopefully he'll learn from this week's and let the offense come to him instead of forcing balls downfield.

To be fair, how many good secondaries has he had to face? One, maybe two. He struggled against Minnesota. This offense is playing way over their heads.

Obviously the offense has been good -- that's why I say they show their true colors. By seasons end this won't be anything near a top offense.

IUe6Hvh.png

What a meltdown... I don't think there has been a bigger meltdown in NFL history.

Give the Chicago defense credit, they did what they do best: Terrorize the offensive line of the Cards and lead the comeback.

As for Arizona... Well, I am about this close to dropping the ax on Neil Rackers on my fantasy team. Damn choke artist... :angered:

What a meltdown... I don't think there has been a bigger meltdown in NFL history.

Sure there's been. The Oiler blowing a 35-3 third quarter lead in Buffalo for example. And that was in the playoffs!

Sadly, I feel the Cardinals' fans pain. December 3, 1979...the Louisiana Superdome...Saints-Raiders on Monday Night Football. Saints take a 35-14 third quarter lead then implode, fumbling the ball away multiple times and allowing Ken Stabler to throw for 3 fourth quarter TD's. The Snake tosses a TD pass to Cliff Branch with 1:54 left to win it.

Raiders 42, Saints 35.

Not that I'm bitter. :cursing:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I'm only a casual NFL watcher but it seemed to me that the Cardinals O-line just mentally switched off. There was no blocking for either of those fumbles. Full credit to the Bears defence, and no-one doubts their class, but the Cards made it too easy for them.

Well they gave a big contract to Edgerin HJames to win games like this and he coughed it up when the game was under control and in hand.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well they gave a big contract to Edgerin HJames to win games like this and he coughed it up when the game was under control and in hand.

That's true but allowing Urlacher to run in and basically strip it from him without another Cardinal laying a finger on him was just pathetic.

liverpool-1.png

Meltdown aside, is there a more ridiculous looking player in the NFL than Scott Player, the Cardinal punter? The 1-bar face mask is cool, but not when you wear it as a second chinstrap. Why doesn't he just wear a sign that says, "Please forearm me in the face" ??

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Meltdown aside, is there a more ridiculous looking player in the NFL than Scott Player, the Cardinal punter? The 1-bar face mask is cool, but not when you wear it as a second chinstrap. Why doesn't he just wear a sign that says, "Please forearm me in the face" ??

To think I played Grossman over Delhomme this week on my fantasy team!!! Oh the agony of it, my fantasy team is now 1-5 too!

Losing breeds losing, and the Cardinals & Detroit Lions are teams with losing cultures. New Orleans at least has had some winning seasons, and even finally won a post-season game, and show a lot of great promise. But Denny Green played "Marty Ball" last night, playing not to lose instead of playing to win. Andy Reid made the same mistake a few weeks ago with a 17 point 4th quarter lead over the NY GastroIntestanal ANTS (aka GIants).

The Cardinals have stunk for the better part of a half century, as have the Detroit Lions. Two of the "original 12" as I refer to them (I consider 1953 the beginning of the "modern" NFL era when the current Colts began in Baltimore)...

Only the Cardinals, Saints & Texans have never advanced to a Conference Championship game. The Texans also have a losing culture right now, and will continue to do so. It's no coincidence that the Oilers left, and soon after made it to a Super Bowl. The Saints APPEAR to be headed in the right direction, but the Cardinals, they'll never succeed. They have been a losing culture for decades, along with the Detroit Lions. If contraction ever comes about, I'd say contract these 2 deadwood franchises, and give LA and another city a new team in their place.

If the Cardinals lose to the beyond pathetic Raiders this weekend, the Cardinals must go down as the worst team in NFL history. Even worse than the 0-14 1976 Buccaneers. That they were given a Monday Night game at all was a joke, and they further proved it by choking yet again.

New uniforms, new stadium, new quarterback, SAME OLD CARDINALS.....

They are abysmal, horrendous, dispicable, they are not worthy of being in the NFL any longer, same goes for the Lions. They are to the NFL what the Montreal Expos/Washington Nationals & Tampa Bay Devil Rays are to MLB. That is unfair, the Expos & D'Rays are both EXPANSION teams, but the Lions & Cardinals have been around since the 19 blessed 20s!!!!!!!! They must go. Lions, Cardinals, you're both the weakest links....GOODBYE!!!!!

Regards,

Bill, the Cardinal & Lion basher.....they deserve to be contracted forever

I don't think the Cardinals are going to be contracted, what with that new stadium and all, but you're right that it's just a historically pathetic organization. And they've been doing it longer than since the 1920s, too.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

the texans deserve to be a losing franchise after passing on Reggie Bush.

the cardinals on the other hand boggles me, you would think that after all these years of collecting high round draft picks that they would have a respectable team just from the draft picks. At least the law of averages would lead you to believe so. Even the Bengals were able to turn it around after a decade and a half of cardinal-lion-texan football. They now resemble the 80's bengals instead of the 90s and early 00's.

why can't the Cards do so. as for the lions, there is no excuse for their failures especially with the weapons they drafted they should at least have a playoff team. The draft alone should yield decent teams. unless the scouting team for the cards and lions don't know what they are doing or don't care.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived