Jordan Staal

ZapRowsdower8

So Jordan Staal had two goals tonight in the Pens 5-3 win over the Blue Jackets. Both of them being shorthanded. (The second also being on a penalty shot.) His only other goal this season, his first NHL goal, was also shorthanded. Think any other NHL player has ever started their career with a stat like that? Too bad he will be going to the minors after his 9 games are up!

So Jordan Staal had two goals tonight in the Pens 5-3 win over the Blue Jackets. Both of them being shorthanded. (The second also being on a penalty shot.) His only other goal this season, his first NHL goal, was also shorthanded. Think any other NHL player has ever started their career with a stat like that? Too bad he will be going to the minors after his 9 games are up!

well, he won't be going to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, he'll be going back to Peterborough. but nonetheless he will be a superstar in the NHL a few years down the road.

8prlQWA.png

Fluery, Crosby, Malkin, Staal look at the team the Penguisn are building. Whereever they will be playing in 5 years they are going to be a top team wiotha shot at the Cup.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

well, he won't be going to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, he'll be going back to Peterborough. but nonetheless he will be a superstar in the NHL a few years down the road.

Damn right he'll be coming back to Peterborough, I'll get to watch him and Downie work their magic with Daniel Ryder again! They were so much fun to watch last year in person. I have some great pics of Downie and Staal from the games I was at and all three will be forces once they make the NHL on a full time basis, especially Downie. Man he has an amazing game.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Fluery, Crosby, Malkin, Staal look at the team the Penguisn are building. Whereever they will be playing in 5 years they are going to be a top team wiotha shot at the Cup.

This team will win Cups. Not just contend.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

IF they can keep them all....

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

The pens are hell bent on keeping Crosby, Malkin & Fleury. And they shoul be sending Stall to juniors so they dont have to worry about possibly losing him.

oBIgzrL.png

The big question will be, "Can the Pens win the Cup before they blow their salary cap and have to start unloading players"?

Also, in regard to the first post... I'm pretty sure penalty shots wouldn't count as a shorthanded goal. Impressive start, nontheless.

On NHL.com's game summary they have it as a SHG PS or something like that

The pens are hell bent on keeping Crosby, Malkin & Fleury. And they shoul be sending Stall to juniors so they dont have to worry about possibly losing him.

No, I mean once all those players reach their prime and are dominant players....

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Well, its official. According to TSN, hes staying with the Penguins which means he will never again don a Peterborough Petes jersey. Well, this is one of the better pictures I took of him last season during their dominating season. I'll miss seeing him in the maroon and white, but he does look good in the gold and black.

IMG_2340.jpg

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The big problem with the salary cap is it prevents you from building a young team from the ground up and keeping them together for some time. You know in 2-3 years when some of their contracts are up, teams are gonna come flying in with insane offers that the Pens just wont be able to match for all 3 of those guys. Its a shame, but thats the "new" NHL.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

The big problem with the salary cap is it prevents you from building a young team from the ground up and keeping them together for some time. You know in 2-3 years when some of their contracts are up, teams are gonna come flying in with insane offers that the Pens just wont be able to match for all 3 of those guys. Its a shame, but thats the "new" NHL.

Yeah, gotta hate that salary cap thing. Not having the salary cap sure did help disguise Bobby Clarke's ineptness for all those years!

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Here's a little math combined with my opinion. Let's see who agrees. Class is in session:

Crosby + Malkin + Staal + Fleury = Lemieux + Jagr + Francis + Barrasso

BUT...

Lemieux + Jagr + Francis + Barrasso = Stanley Cup

THEREFORE IN THE FUTURE...

Crosby + Malkin + Staal + Fleury = Stanley Cup

lemjagrcup.jpg

_1715113_barrasso300.jpg

70794.24BLUE-JACKETS-PENGUINS-HOCKEY.sff.jpg

061005_fleury_vmed_8p.widec.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Here's a little math combined with my opinion. Let's see who agrees. Class is in session:

Crosby + Malkin + Staal + Fleury = Lemieux + Jagr + Francis + Barrasso

BUT...

Lemieux + Jagr + Francis + Barrasso = Stanley Cup

THEREFORE IN THE FUTURE...

Crosby + Malkin + Staal + Fleury = Stanley Cup

lemjagrcup.jpg

_1715113_barrasso300.jpg

70794.24BLUE-JACKETS-PENGUINS-HOCKEY.sff.jpg

061005_fleury_vmed_8p.widec.jpg

All I want to know is, who equals Jim Paek?

Archived