Photoshop

cableguy

I have never attempted any graphic work on the computer before but I have always had an interest in sports uniforms (which of course why I am here) and having seen the work you guys do in "photoshop" it has whet my desire to try it myself...

my question is:

What is the exact name of the software you use and what version is best? Also an aproximate cost would be appreciated and comments on ease of usage.

thanks in advance

Or you could get a full brand new edition of Paint Shop Pro for $99. And trust me, the difference between PSP and Photoshop is well... price about $550. Most people don't even come close to touching what photoshop or any graphics program can do. I've used Photoshop CS2 and still use PSP7 and except for a few filters, I'm still trying to figure out why Photoshop is all the hullaballoo. Oh wait the name!

I have never attempted any graphic work on the computer before but I have always had an interest in sports uniforms (which of course why I am here) and having seen the work you guys do in "photoshop" it has whet my desire to try it myself...

my question is:

What is the exact name of the software you use and what version is best? Also an aproximate cost would be appreciated and comments on ease of usage.

thanks in advance

if you have lime wire i here you just download it from there for free.

Or you could get a full brand new edition of Paint Shop Pro for $99. And trust me, the difference between PSP and Photoshop is well... price about $550. Most people don't even come close to touching what photoshop or any graphics program can do. I've used Photoshop CS2 and still use PSP7 and except for a few filters, I'm still trying to figure out why Photoshop is all the hullaballoo. Oh wait the name!

Working with layers, ease of work with illustrator files, etc. plus the fact that photoshop is the industry standard. Having pro slapped on the end of a product's label just equates to the fact they charge for it. What professional uses PSP? Trust me, the money charged for photoshop is justified.

With that said, most people on this board won't touch most of the capabilities of Photoshop. Then again, Illustrator is best suited for logo design.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

my question is:

thanks in advance

And there you have the reason it costs hundreds of dollars.

Plus, it keeps the hacks out when it costs that much. Well...some of them at least. (not a dig at anyone here...)

my question is:

thanks in advance

"Doctor Grant says 'that's a very bad idea'!"

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Working with layers, ease of work with illustrator files, etc. plus the fact that photoshop is the industry standard. Having pro slapped on the end of a product's label just equates to the fact they charge for it. What professional uses PSP? Trust me, the money charged for photoshop is justified.

Unless you are a professional, getting paid for your work, I don't think the price is right. For non-professional purposes, there are plenty of programs, such as the ones I mentioned, which are more than sufficient, at a fraction of the cost.

I am a professional web designer, and so I do have Photoshop, but it's an old one - version 5.5. Even then, I am using Image Ready for most of my stuff now because Photoshop's colors won't calibrate correctly with my new LCD monitor. For designing, I work in Real Draw Pro most of the time.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

If you're a student you can find discounted prices on Photoshop. Also there is eBay.

Adding onto this, last time I checked, you can get Photoshop for $285 with one of the student discounts through Gradware. Illustrator's cheaper, but I'm not sure of a price...InDesign runs around 200

Archived