Those who ever wanted to see the Expos win something

CC97

My dad uploaded a couple of videos that he recorded on an old Beta machine 25 years ago, one of Willie Mays making another over-the-shoulder catch in a Mets oldtimers game and another video of the Bottom of the 9th + clubhouse celebration of the Expos '81 NL East Division 2nd Half championship.

Willie Mays 'over-the-shoulder' 1981 style

The Expos win the (2nd half division) pennant! The Expos win the (2nd half division) pennant!

Enjoy, before they get removed.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I liked how they put the Expos' logo and wordmark on top of the visitors' dugout. Have other teams done that, or is it usually just the on deck circle? And why do some of the Expos have names on their jackets while others don't ?

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

I liked how they put the Expos' logo and wordmark on top of the visitors' dugout. Have other teams done that, or is it usually just the on deck circle?

The Jays did that for the Braves and for the Phillies during the World Series

---

Chris Creamer

Good Lord those Expos unis are fantastic. I love em.

With that being said, it's a damn shame that a victory over the Mets at the New York Dump/Shea Stadium is the lone victorious highlight of their years in Montreal.

With that being said, it's a damn shame that a victory over the Mets at the New York Dump/Shea Stadium is the lone victorious highlight of their years in Montreal.

They won the NLEDS against Philadelphia a few games later... apparently he has that on tape as well and is looking for it.

Will let the board know if we can locate it.

---

Chris Creamer

The Expos played their first and last games there as well.

I saw, I came, I left.

Three things. I had no idea Donald Sutherland was an Expos fan. The PA was playing The Winner Takes it All by ABBA. Great tune. There's not a thing to like about the Mets, between their ugly uniforms and their :censored: logo and their dump of a ballpark.

Shea Stadium is the park only a Mets fan can love I will be sad to see it go, but I look forward to the day the Mets get a grand ballpark they've long deserved. That being said when the Mets are bad in 1981 they were as bad as you can get pretty much, its as depressing of place as can be.

As for opposing team logos Mets put them on the dugout up until about 10 years ago or so, since then they just have a Shea Stadium written on it, I guess it became too much work for the grounds crew to change to every series. How about the OF wall with the pennants and the Mets two button collars, I was glad I was 5 at the time because being a Mets fans sucked in 1981.

Speaking of Expos Final Game I WAS THERE

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...p;p=entry

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived