Legendary war i

umlegend

Ok, a topic by thegame4219 and a thread on bowl logos gave me an idea for a new type of contest. I think logos for sporting events are really cool, so that is my theme. I won't do this as often as the others, just once in a while. So, I now will add to Discrimibattle, Iron Crossover, Webdav, and Saintsfan Challenge, the Legendary Wars.

Legendary War I is upon us. Since it is time for Bowl Season to begin, here are the guidelines for Legendary War I.

Alot of bowls have sucky names and logos, so...You are to come up with a name, sponsor (I hate all the bowl sponsorships but that's the culture we are dealing with, so...), location, venue and date (the NCAA doesn't allow any bowls past Jan. 4) for a college bowl game.

The logo, name and venue are the main thing. It'd be good to tie in the name with the location. No remote links please. After all the entries are in, I will have a vote thread. The deadline is January 2nd and the winner will be announced on the Monday following the Sugar Bowl.

***If you want to include competitors for your bowl that's fine. It should probably be teams that got snuffed from regular bowls.

In war there is no prize for runner-up. -- Omar N. Bradley

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet, judging by your past contest entries, I know yours will be quality work.

I am working on one too.  I don't know if I will actually make it an official entry.  Would that be some sort of conflict of interests? ???

***Note***

Let's try to kepp it somewhat realistic as far as venues go. There are enough NFL and college stadiums in the country that we don't need to invent them, use our fantasy stadium or your local high schools 375 seat field. Sorry if that's the way you were planning to go.

Is there any way to edit the topic title? I forgot to capitalize the "W" and the "I" and it looks kinda goofed up.

Sweet, judging by your past contest entries, I know yours will be quality work.

I am working on one too. I don't know if I will actually make it an official entry. Would that be some sort of conflict of interests? ???

Given that contests are decided by a vote I don't have a problem with it! If people like your idea best you win, if they don't someone else does!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Well ladies (are there really any here) and gentlemen, it seems that our field of warlords is taking shape nicely. There are some real established pros in the Warzone already.

I had an idea for voting. I may try to do a head to head tournament similar to the Best & Worst uniform tourney on ESPN's Page 2. I'm not sure how I would seed. Maybe the initial vote would be to rate each concept with a rating of 1-5 and then use the totals for seeding. None of the other contests on the board are done this way. If I do it this way, we will have to move the deadlines around a bit to give us time for each rounds.Any other suggestions for picking the Champion Warlord?

Archived