Questionms about the concepts

charger77

Is there a "best of" concepts thread or a "concept hall of fame"?

I thought it would be cool to maybe have a link to the 10 or so best concepts ever posted here.

Dan

There was talk of one, but they didn't want anyone to feel slighted. So, they trashed the idea.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Yeah, things like that or "[insert Title Here] of the Year" awards always seem to end up in bruised egos and hurt feelings, so it's probably best not to venture there in the first place.

i would really hope that people on here could take something like this as a challenge, so that they improve their concepts. Since a lot of us are designers, I would think that might be some kind of incentive to making a nice design, kind of a reward so your hard work can get recognized. Unfortunately, people do have egos and also, designs are kind of ranked different person to person. One person may think something is the absolute best thing they have ever seen, while others wouldnt even entertain the idea of putting it in their top 25. It would be a hard thing to get going, have votes for, and update with new designs, but it could be used to elevate peoples designs, if we lived in a perfect world.

Like I told my mom "feelings are for French guys and Junior High girls"

Hopefully were all mature enough to have a Hall of Fame.

For example we could nominate 10 concepts a year submitted from Jan 1st thru Dec 15th. Have two weeks of voting and do it like the Baseball Hall of Fame (since they have he strictest standards) and only 3 or 4 could be inducted a year.

They could either be current team concepts or fictional concepts. We could have a logos/wordmarks division and a uniform/jersey division. Just like the player and builder category.

I think it would be a sweet way to honor the best of the best!

Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Β 

It's not likely to happen.

There are already enough competitions on the board without having to run a "best of the best". After a while, things become more of a popularity contest than one based on the merit of the entries themselves.

As far as the bruised ego thing, there are a lot of immature members here (mostly teenage kids. but also some adults) who would flood the board with whiny complaints if they weren't chosen, so it's really not worth the hassle.

You want awards? Submit it to Print or Communication Arts.

Back-to-BackΒ Fatal FortyΒ Champion 2015 & 2016

someone brings it up every year, and every year it falls apart because no one wants to run it, yet everyone has an opinion about it.

If a concept is really THAT good, it doesn't need a Hall of Fame to be recognized as something special

uhm.. dont want to start anything.. but pcgd's St. Louis Cardinals concept is still my personal favorite.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...p;p=entry

Picture8-1.png

also i think there was a member called "AgainstAllOdds" who made some great concepts but it looks like he's not on the board anymore.

Archived