NHL Future

josh_cat_eyes

I have recently heard that the leafs, stars, and bruins aswell as many other teams will be changing their logos for next season...thanks to RBK.

Actually, those teams chose to change their logos themselves. Not RBK.

And "many other teams", huh? Boston and Dallas haven't even been confirmed yet. And nothing has been said about the logos of any other team. Do those "many other teams" even have names?

I have recently heard that the leafs, stars, and bruins aswell as many other teams will be changing their logos for next season...thanks to RBK.

And with our luck, they'll go the way of Buffalo and let RBK have a hand in it. (Lawd, I hope not! :blink: )

And "many other teams", huh? Boston and Dallas haven't even been confirmed yet. And nothing has been said about the logos of any other team. Do those "many other teams" even have names?

dallas with new uniforms has been "confirmed" for me...

i believe it was mike heika in the DMN who gave us a little insight in a blog. i trust heika. he knows what he's talking about.

and he said that the stars will be in new uniforms, with a MORE traditional and conservative design that the current star-shaped sweaters, and will likely feature a return to a black primary sweater, white road sweater.

the entire league redesign will be unveiled in about a month, at the all-star game in dallas... and interestingly enough, the splash page for dallasstars.com recently changed from a green background to a black one.

coincidence? i think not. i've been a stars fan long enough to recognize these little quirks in webdesign.

people told me it was a coincidence when all stars web graphics started adding tiny touches of red, leading up to the mooterus... but i was right :P

as for a new logo, i'm not convinced... i wouldn't be suprised if it was a new logo for dallas... or maybe an updated logo... basically, i feel like it's a 50/50 chance we're getting a new logo, and 99% chance we get new uniforms.

Do you not think RBK has a bit a an influence on whether or not these teams change their logos? To me it is very evident that RBK wants to redesign the entire league but lets hope that never happens. And about the other teams...its just a speculation that other teams probabaly will. As for dallas...take a look at the all star game logo and that could possible be something that you see in the future.

Cat Eyes - Josh B)

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Do you not think RBK has a bit a an influence on whether or not these teams change their logos?

Not at all. It was never reported anywhere that any team was changing LOGOS. Toronto officially announced their intentions last week, but so far that's the only official word of a new LOGO. So where you got your news is beyond me...

To me it is very evident that RBK wants to redesign the entire league but lets hope that never happens.

It won't. Look at the NFL and NBA.

And about the other teams...its just a speculation that other teams probabaly will.

Why didn't you say that in the first place instead of making yourself look like some sort of authority?

As for dallas...take a look at the all star game logo and that could possible be something that you see in the future.

Could be, but no one has said anything.

Cat Eyes - Josh B)

What an ironic smiley.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Reebok does not tell a team to change it's logo, the teams decide on their own to do this and some ask Reebok to take a shot at designing the new logo. Teams also hire other designer to work on these logos as well, and in the end it the TEAM that makes the choice of which logo to go with. Don't blame Reebok for logo changes i.e. Sabres, but blame the owners of the teams.

teams with new logos in the works: Capitals and Senators

dallas with new uniforms has been "confirmed" for me...

i believe it was mike heika in the DMN who gave us a little insight in a blog. i trust heika. he knows what he's talking about.

and he said that the stars will be in new uniforms, with a MORE traditional and conservative design that the current star-shaped sweaters, and will likely feature a return to a black primary sweater, white road sweater.

the entire league redesign will be unveiled in about a month, at the all-star game in dallas... and interestingly enough, the splash page for dallasstars.com recently changed from a green background to a black one.

coincidence? i think not. i've been a stars fan long enough to recognize these little quirks in webdesign.

people told me it was a coincidence when all stars web graphics started adding tiny touches of red, leading up to the mooterus... but i was right :P

as for a new logo, i'm not convinced... i wouldn't be suprised if it was a new logo for dallas... or maybe an updated logo... basically, i feel like it's a 50/50 chance we're getting a new logo, and 99% chance we get new uniforms.

The uniforms is a given. The logo should stay the same, but I could see them softening or tweaking it to more reflect Iowa's logo which is a great update without a radical departure from their heritage. I'm excited to see the new jerseys, I think they'll do the right thing.

Reebok does not tell a team to change it's logo, the teams decide on their own to do this and some ask Reebok to take a shot at designing the new logo. Teams also hire other designer to work on these logos as well, and in the end it the TEAM that makes the choice of which logo to go with. Don't blame Reebok for logo changes i.e. Sabres, but blame the owners of the teams.

teams with new logos in the works: Capitals and Senators

I didn't say reebok tells people what to change their logo to but I belive that reebok has a big invluance on what teams new logos are. IMO someone should say RBK we want nothing to do with you and we are going to hire someone else. The way I see it is that RBK advises the team on what they think it should be. Than maybe they get a few other entries but since RBK makes the jerseys they have they edge as they can tweek the jersey/logo to make them fit...the other ones cant. In the end RBK ends up winning. That, aswell as everything else I say, is just my opinion. I have heard dallas and boston are changing their logos...now I can add the caps and sens to that list aswell.

Rumored/Official logo/jersey changes for 2007-08: Stars, Bruins, Caps, Sens, Leafs.

Cat Eyes - Josh B)

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Any more teams other than the Stars, Bruins, Caps, Sens, Leafs mentioned that are changing logos?? I would like to know as it will be an headache for me (major time) to do some work for my recordbooks for the 2007/08 season for tv games and etc.. oy that will be a nightmare for me if all 30 teams had to change to new logos!!!

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

The ONLY TWO TEAMS that have OFFICIALLY said anything about changing are the STARS and the LEAFS.

The Capitals, Senators and Bruins are all rumors created on this board that for some reason everyone seems to believe now. The odds of them changing are exactly the same as every other team in the league. Until some reliable source comes along to mention anything, believe nothing.

Certainly don't count on Detroit, Chicago or Montreal to change logos at least. St. Louis and Philadelphia are also unlikely as well.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived