NHL Future

josh_cat_eyes

I have recently heard that the leafs, stars, and bruins aswell as many other teams will be changing their logos for next season...thanks to RBK. Also I have noticed major similarities in the designs of the following logos. I feel like next season the stars could have a style like they have in the all-star logo, rangers like their alternate logo, flyers like their alt logo, and leafs, devils, bruins, and islanders, just to name a few, having something like the NHL/Confernce/playoffs/ducks logos. There is basicly one design that I see the NHL coming to ... 3D. Its modern but I think you can have a good logo without being 3D, example the wild logo!! I just want to hear some thoughts on this topic

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?lo=6864

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?lo=dggehfugf1ee8bfcaw9e

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?lo=148

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?lo=162

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?lo=3078

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?lo=6857

Cat Eyes - Josh B)

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Well, other than the Leafs getting a new logo (but not new uniforms) and the Stars getting new uniforms (but not necessarily a new logo), I haven't seen any news on any other teams at all officially getting new logos or uniforms. WE all know of course that the uniforms are all going to be made in a different fabric next season though. And we all know that NOBODY will have third jerseys next year.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

And we all know that NOBODY will have third jerseys next year.

Really...I didn't know that. What about the blue jackets, kings, rangers, wild, and oilers who accaully have good third jerseys IMO. Or the sens, panthers, and flames who basicly have three jerseys period. What will they do?... And will there still be retros like in boston, vancouver, buffalo, and new york (rangers)??

If they make the new Leafs logo 3-D I will blow up the Air Canada Centre.

Good call. I am in on that plan!! :flagcanada:

Cat Eyes - Josh B)

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Well, other than the Leafs getting a new logo (but not new uniforms) and the Stars getting new uniforms (but not necessarily a new logo), I haven't seen any news on any other teams at all officially getting new logos or uniforms. WE all know of course that the uniforms are all going to be made in a different fabric next season though. And we all know that NOBODY will have third jerseys next year.

AWW MAN!!! Please tell me the Kings are ditching the black jerseys. I want the purple! Actually I'd love puprle (Forum Blue) and Yellow to return! :D

Tell me when I should start mixing some C4 explosives...

I can't seem them pulling a Philadelphia Flyers or New York Rangers with the logo... their management isn't THAT dumb...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Tell me when I should start mixing some C4 explosives...

I can't seem them pulling a Philadelphia Flyers or New York Rangers with the logo... their management isn't THAT dumb...

John Ferguson still has a job, so I'm not so sure...

Really...I didn't know that. What about the blue jackets, kings, rangers, wild, and oilers who accaully have good third jerseys IMO. Or the sens, panthers, and flames who basicly have three jerseys period. What will they do?... And will there still be retros like in boston, vancouver, buffalo, and new york (rangers)??

The Flames don't have a third jersey anymore and the Rangers don't wear any retros. The Oilers ditched their silver and midnight blue third jerseys as of last week. The Panthers and Kings won't be too hard of a decision to make as all three of their jerseys are almost the same. The teams who have retro thirds will likely just not have them for the next season.

All the other teams, well, unless they choose to incorporate their third as their official home team, well, they ain't gonna be around then. All I know is that it was revealed many times through various sources that the NHL is going to abandon third jerseys for the 2007-2008 season, though probably just for that season.

champssig2.png

It's been written in the press that that Boston and Dallas are getting new logos becuase of the way they fit on the Reebok template. Now Toronto is confirmed to be in the mix.

I don't know about the rest of you but doesn't it sound completely ridiculous that teams will actually be redoing their logo's and sport's branding to fit the new Reebok uniform? Think about this for a minute. Can you imagine any other sport that would allow a new outfitter to change their basic uniform so much that teams would actually have to change their identity?

Reebok and Nike are ruining sports with their ubiquitous templates. Enough is enough.

DEATH TO REEBOK

The Bruins logo is contained within a circle. A circle can fit on anything. If the Oilers and Islanders logos are still being kept, (and even the Devils to a lesser degree), I have no clue why the Bruins would be changing. (That and tradition would be more than enough reason to not change.)

I can see them maybe changing their striping, like Dallas is definately doing. I never heard anything official of Dallas actually getting a new logo, though if they are doing new uniforms, it would be the most opportune time to do so.

champssig2.png

It's been written in the press that that Boston and Dallas are getting new logos becuase of the way they fit on the Reebok template. Now Toronto is confirmed to be in the mix.

I don't know about the rest of you but doesn't it sound completely ridiculous that teams will actually be redoing their logo's and sport's branding to fit the new Reebok uniform? Think about this for a minute. Can you imagine any other sport that would allow a new outfitter to change their basic uniform so much that teams would actually have to change their identity?

Reebok and Nike are ruining sports with their ubiquitous templates. Enough is enough.

I completely agree with you on the point that Nike and Reebok are ruining sports. The leafs have had the logo for 25 years and it is a symbol of hockey not only in Canada/US but around the world. The Canadiens logo has been aroung even longer (since 1956) and the flyers have always had theirs (1968). Reebok are not Designers at all and they should stop trying to be. The make sports equipment not sports identities and someone like detroit or montreal should tell them that.

I completely agree with you on the point that Nike and Reebok are ruining sports. The leafs have had the logo for 25 years and it is a symbol of hockey not only in Canada/US but around the world. The Canadiens logo has been aroung even longer (since 1956) and the flyers have always had theirs (1968). Reebok are not Designers at all and they should stop trying to be. The make sports equipment not sports identities and someone like detroit or montreal should tell them that.

Well said, josh. Why should teams have to conform to the experimental new template, that for all we know, might not even be used in a few years. If the template doesn't fit any team's logo, don't change the logo, change the template.

If you go to a game live, everything's in 3-D...

:Oo:

Actually when going to a game you see it in 4-D, the fourth dimension being time.

isnt time actually an invention?

being that it is just a measurement.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

Archived